Show us your Micromen/nauts!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Mutt12, Jul 28, 2008.

1. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm told the quality on the rather rarer second wave is much better than the first. I've got wave 1.5 - the recolours - and they're *much* better.

And I'd also hear that Karza/Andromeda was knackered - no way round that.

Found the Biomachine instructions - thanks !

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    I've only got two. Bio Machine Xeku and Microman Ryukendo (Limited edition with translucent body and added chrome goodness).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have some of the late 90's Magne and Led-power stuff. Most is packed away at the moment though. Here's a few favourites.

[​IMG]

Led-powers Shining Tector Laser Dark, TRU 2001 millenium exclusive. Street date: 01.01.2001 IIRC. I have the card, bubble and paperwork as well, but it's carefully packed down in a box.

[​IMG]

Micro-Edison with MicroBoy. Just some neat non-TF transforming goodness. And the little electronic feature is entertaining, if not just to scare cats :p 
    VIDEO *recently uploaded, if it's not working right away, try again in a little while*

And the beast among them all...

[​IMG]

The Magne-microman Micro-Station. I'd love to snap some pics of it fully opened and assembled. But I don't have the space necessary, this thing is bloody huge! So right now, it's staying MiB.

4. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Micronauts were some of my earliest and most cherished toys. Unfortunately this was back when I was pretty rough with my toys so most of them are in pretty bad shape. I got interested in Microman again when I also picked up those KB Toys Bio Machine sets a few years ago. I like to focus mainly on the Microforce series from 2003-2006. Plus I have some of the Micromillenium playsets; mostly the base ones like the gameboy, or the soda can. I also have a few Takara reissues too (the Romando ones are too expensive and the Pallisades Toys were too iffy with quality control). Here's some selected figures from my collection:

Sheriff
    This is M161 Replica Microman Sheriff from Takara's 1999 reissue line. It is a retool/remold of the original from the Microman Command line that was released in 1977. This figure is important to me because it's very close to my first Micronaut Pharoid. As a kid, I loved this little guy with his King Tut sarcophagus, the glow in the dark stomach and that you could remove his hands, feet, and "socks".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is that a body in my sarcophagus?!?! :O
    [​IMG]

No it is just my original Pharoid
    [​IMG]
    His hips and knees are so loose they couldn't hold up his weight even with his "shoes and socks" and leaning on something.

Acrophantom:
    Acrophantom is from the Acroyear X-2 Series that was released in 2004. This guy is really cool looking with his cross and the black rubberized aromor. He is also covered in tribal tattoos and has "Death" written on his back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got more if you want...

5. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I got a loose one in a lot last year. Mostly complete. It's a great toy !

6. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

Want badly.

7. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I should point out that the box photo features parts from several other Microman Magne toys attached. But you'll want em all anyway

How much these Playstations going for now ? I know I'm missing the pack in Microman....

8. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    That's the exact truth. Palisades hired a cheap factory for the first wave and the figures would freakin break apart in the package. For the second and third waves, they decided they get what they pay for and got a better factory. Sadly, people were put off by the first wave and it hurt sales badly, so Palisades cancelled the line.

Speaking of which, here's a couple more of my 'Nauts.

Incomplete Palisades Centaurus in classic colors (I don't have his gas mask)
    [​IMG]

Palisades Battle Acroyear, AKA the most badass 3 and 3/4" scale figure ever.
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Dude! The Microstation!!! Is the rumour true that it can be hooked to a TV and it has a crappy 8-bit game you can play?

9. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Completely unture. Unless someone ripped the feature out of mine

10. LoC Soundwave

LoC Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, completely untrue. I got it MISB last fall and there's no electronic features to speak of.

11. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    Nice Acrophantom...I had to buy 4 before I FINALLY got one without broken thighs :( 

I guess I should fire off a couple images of my own....

[​IMG]

Crystal Robotman Biotron!!!

[​IMG]

Robotman 2 and Black Robotman...and some Magnemo goodness....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm told the white with blue highlights magnemo horse I have belongs with one of the Geeg figures you have ....

13. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Nice! When did Takara ever release a black Robotman/Biotron and where can I get one? I must have it! *grabby*

14. Pactard2112

Pactard2112 Well-Known Member

I'm feeling too lazy to type it out, so read this:

Replica Microman Series - Robotman

15. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Bleh. Figures it would have to be some sort of rare/exclusive. Guess I'll just have to settle for my ol' 1970's half broken Biotron. ^_^

16. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  17. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's called Pansaroid and is now on eBay

18. Mutt12

Mutt12 Starroid Raider

Ebay:
    Pharoid returns!

I got him! Finally!

See, Micronauts is slightly before my time, but my big brother was big into them and I ended up getting two of em as a hand me down: Pharoid and Membros.

Membros, I could care less about. But Pharoid, I thought, was a pretty nifty dang toy. Sadly, being a kid, I ended up losing most of his parts. When his winglets, hands, and feet were gone, I decided to wrap him up in gauze and use him as a "mummy" prop for my imaginary adventures for my other action figures.

Anyways, in recent years, I got interested in the whole micro collecting thing, I coveted a Pharoid again, but he has been out of my grasp because people were asking way too damn much for him.

Then one day, on Ebay, I found a Pharoid parts lot... ZOMG! He had everything my old Pharoid is missing! Hands! Winglets! Legs with cuffs! I got it and took a screwdriver to my long forgotten friend, replacing the scratched up gold trim chestpiece, and while I was in there, gave him a fresh rubber band from my Palisades Time Traveler Medic repair kit.

Behold! A toy that's as old as I am, looking like brand new!
    [​IMG]

And what of the parts Pharoid I bought? I felt kind of bad, using him to refurbish another toy, so I refurbed him as best I could with a new rubber band and the (really loose fitting) hands from the Time Traveler Medic kit. Instead of abandoning him, he'll find a home on my desk at work.
    [​IMG]

I have a feeling parts of this guy was also used to refurbish someone else Pharoid, considering he came to me with a Space Glider head.

19. ginrai

ginrai lost with no way home.

I fairly faithfully collected that while it was coming out.. Still have never managed to get a hold of a force commander though.. I understand he was only available to the Palisades fan club or something lame like that..

But I have the first wave in all the color variations, Karza in Clear, black and red... then Have the second wave in most of its color variations, and have red falcon in green.. and red with clear I think.. wasn't able to find him in his "re-issue colors"... never found either Red Baron or Green Baron or whatever they were called... But I did come across a couple of the Dynamic Forces glow in the dark time travelers with exclusive chest plates at the fleamarket not to long ago..

20. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Congrats on fixing your childhood Pharoid. It looks great.

Actually, when Pharoid first came out, he was an exact copy of the Microman Sheriff (see my post on pg.1). Then Mego released him with a Space Glider head and the bird/circle hieroglyphs on the sarcophagus instead of the Japanese lettering. I don't know why they did this but it was official and not cobbled together by the previous seller. I remember my brother being jealous at the time so he ended up getting a red Pharoid with the Space Glider head and matching sarcophagus.