Show some lefty love, guys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by 50UNDW4V3, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

In light of all this movie toy argumentation, thought I'd have this thread to lighten things up a little bit. So the topic is- who do you guys have posed as a lefty? I know the traditional weapon-wielding hand is the right, but who do you think looks down right b.a. as a south paw? pic very much related.
    [​IMG]

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Let's see...

Armada Starcream (sword in left hand to keep appearance balanced)
    Animated Lockdown (as in the side with a hand)
    Animated Megatron (Sword in left hand, since the traditional fusion cannon is on the right)

3. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    None of my TFs are cack-handed, unless they don't have a right hand to hold their gun, like Universe Heavy Load (his Minicon in gun mode), in which case it has to go on the left.

4. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Henkei Mirage

5. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

wow orion those all look re-HEALLY good. I just might have to start switching weapon wielding hands on a few of my figures now.
    (thanks for posting pics, as that was kinda the point :tongue: )

7. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    heh ty and yw

8. 50UNDW4V3

50UNDW4V3 Cini-bon

wow you guys have really been stressing that subaru alternator eh.. it seems like its following me everywhere! well i'll be sure to pick up one of those alternators this or next month. i'm really liking the look of prime's robot mode..
    anybody who's got more pics, please share.
    oh, and for all you show nazi's- are there any characters who are actually left handed in the show or toys that come boxed with guns in left hand?

9. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    *looks at pic of G1 Blurr* Never knew the shield on Animated Blurr was a G1 homage.

Anyways uh don't really have any lefty formers. Umm, U. Onslaught has his shield on his left arm, but that is supposed to be that way. I plan to have my Animated Shockwave hold his gun in his left hand though.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    If memory serves Optimus Prime was shown with a pistol in his left hand on the back of the early G1 boxes (the artwork where he had an Autobot symbol on the back of his right hand).

11. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

I make pretty much all of my toys lefties when supported.

12. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I usually go by the Bio-Card or package picture as to if the Transformer is right or left handed. Most are right-handed, but there's more than a few to the left. Go figure. :D 

13. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Cack-handed? :mad 

I'm fine with being called a southpaw or lefty, but I draw the line at "cack-handed." That's an insult as far as I'm concerned, since the term is also used to refer to someone as clumsy, awkward or inept. Not to mention the scatological reference (even if archaic).

cack-handed - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

On-topic: I don't really pay attention to it, since it depends on how they're being displayed on the shelf. Of course, off the shelf they are left-handed whenever possible.

14. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Just depends how off balance any given display looks... Sometimes when they're ALL right handed it just looks to weird IMO and unbalanced... so I'll just pick a few and make 'em lefties!

15. Backstop

Backstop Have you seen my box art?

News Credits:
    Hmmmm interesting topic as never really thought about what hand on TFS was the norm

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have my Silverbolt and Silverstreak with thier guns in thier left hands for some variation(and to get them into cool poses) & Animated Shockwave holds his canon in his left hand to make him more G1. I guess my Lockdowns are left handed by defualt and I have Animated Megatron hold his sword in his left hand.

17. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

Some places in the south, there are teachers who will still tell a child that that's their "stupid hand." The parent I heard this from was not very happy.

Most of mine are posed right handed. I do tend to plug Universe Cyclonus's targetmaster into his transformed left wrist stump, to leave his right hand free. The only other guys I have weilding their guns left handed, either have guns built into their left arms, or have a melee weapon in their right hands.

18. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

I tend to switch it up randomly, no specific figures. Loking right now though some notable lefties are MP Prime, Cyb. Armorhide, Anim. Soundwave, and one or two customs.

19. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't heard that term in ages. i myself heard one of my own teachers say that, but she was explaining wives's tales and myths around here.
    I have heard some odd things down here in the South, but that one is for the books.

on topic, never thought that a bot was left or right handed. they're all ambidextrous because (a theory) they are robots.
    so i put a gun in either hand.

but just an observation here:
    do you think that for most of us, we put the weapon in the hand that is our dominant- like i am right handed- subconciously, not really thinking about it?

i wonder.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I actually make it a point to not have every single figure on the shelf be right handed. But really, I care more about throwing them in great poses. So more often than not, the guns and weapons are put in the hands that they look better in.

[​IMG]

Prime here has the smokestack uzi thing in his left hand. This'll be swapped out for the Ion Cannon I'll be getting in a week or so.

[​IMG]

He's dual-wielding though, so I don't know if it counts entirely. But like I said, when I get the Ion Cannon, he'll just be wielding that and both the wind vane and smokestacks are going onto his back.

[​IMG]

Both Sunstreaker and Ironhide are posed as left-handed. Mostly for the pose and their location on the shelf.

[​IMG]

Thundercracker's aiming with his left hand because otherwise he'd be aiming into Starscream's back. Or at Skywarp.

[​IMG]

Can't explain why I have my Primes dual-wielding, but while Nemmy's shooting with his right, he does drag the sword along with his left. And you could argue that he'd have the sword in his more able hand.