Minor/Repaint: show accurate BW Waspintor--my VERY FIRST repaint!!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Teletran, May 25, 2008.

1. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

so here it is. the one all others are built from. nearly 10 years ago, FOXkids released a few of the earlier bw toys again, but in questionable colors. having only recently gotten back into tf's, i didnt have these so i was happy to get them. but i didnt like the colors. so i thought "well, guess i could try painting him" and set about doing something im still doing (though not as much) to this day.

i knew nothing about paiting a toy other than "paint goes on robot with brush" lol while this is the first robot ive repainted, this is also in a way "waspy 2.0" cause a few years ago i revisited him and touched him up. mainly, i re-did all the yellow on him cause i had a bit more skill at doing little details and it wasnt very solid (could see alot of the green underneath coming through). i also finally painted his butt which i had originally left alone

so maybe not an entirely accurate representation of my first repaint, but if you just picture him with his original golden arse he looks pretty much the same now as he did the first time i finished with him lol

Attached Files:

2. AlanGarou

AlanGarou Well-Known Member

You did a great job with painting, and it's very accurate, but you might want to smooth down the actual paint. It looks rather lumpy right now.

3. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

well, like i said, i did this nearly 10 years ago when i didnt know anything about how to repaint. so any flaws are part of its charm ;) 

4. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    just looking at all the non-yellow paints, I have to say that's a pretty good job for someone's first ever repaint.