Show accuracy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OOSnake, Jun 19, 2012.

1. OOSnake

OOSnake Well-Known Member

Show accuracy. What do you think of it? Obviously, nobody likes to buya figure that's nothing like how it is in the cartoon. On the other hand, without these little innacuracies, there'd be nothing to fix, only repaints or other modifications into different characters.

To me, if it looks enough like the character, I'm fairly happy. The smaller lines, such as cyberverse, I wouldn't expect to be so good at this, but the Prime Cyberverse line is surprisingly good for such a small size.

Thoughts?

2. Yaujta

Yaujta De-Headmasterizator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I prefer show-accuracy, but will accept a figure if it's well-done and enjoyable. For example, Beast Machines Tankor looked absolutely nothing like the CGI, but is enough of a fun figure that I regularly transform and pose it.

3. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    I look for little things like... oh I don't know... THE WHEELS BEING THE RIGHT COLOR!!! I'm looking at you, TFP Knockout.

4. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I'm satisfied with cyberverse. I'm not with the prime main line. Now animated that is how you do accurate.

5. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I don't expect the perfect scale or everything matching from a show model to a toy model for a figure, I just want something that looks good and is fun.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Cybertron is dammit. Their show models were practically modified CAD models for the toys.

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are rare cases where I like a toy more because it isn't accurate, but I usually prefer stuff to be as accurate as possible.

Animated was pretty much the best ever when it came into having dynamic cartoon models but still accurate toys. Energon/Cybertron looked too much like the characters were toys.

8. Squints

Squints Well-Known Member

The main place I look for accuracy is in transformations--if the right pieces of the vehicle become the right pieces of the robot, then I'm happy. If that requires the appearance of those pieces to be a bit off, that's a sacrifice I can live with. Take RotF Leader Optimus, for example: His arms are kinda kibble-y and that gets in the way of articulation at times, not to mention not looking 100% accurate, but it transforms in generally the right way, and definitely more accurately than any other movie Optimus figure, so I still love the figure.

9. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    This is an example of a toy accurate show. It sounds confusing but I hope you understand what I meant.

10. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    My first and foremost concern is to get good figure overall, but show accuracy is still really important.

11. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Remember Robot replicas? Not really? Oops on accuracy.

12. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    I'm really big on show-accuracy; it's really important to me! :D 

13. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

I remember starting a thread on this not long ago, but I'm in the "the shows should be accurate to the toys" camp.

Because let's face it, the shows were created to sell the toys, right? Then shouldn't the animation accurately reflect the toys? Design a good, solid toy first, then animate it. Anything else is getting the cart before the horse.

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    The Prime Cyberverse line continues to impress me with its accuracy at such a small scale. Suck it, Voyager Megatron!

15. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

In my eyes, the more accurate the better.

16. AMG

AMG Old School

I enjoy show accuracy a lot at times (looking at you Animated). But other times I love a good fun toy regardless of accuracy (looking at G1 Ironhide and Ratchet).

17. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    When I buy a toy of a show character, I'm not just buying a toy, I'm buying the character. So it should look as much like the character as possible. This is a big reason I loved the Animated line so much.

Prime's been pretty good at it too, although I don't like the toys as much as Animated's offerings (mostly because TFA toys were more solid, and didn't sacrifice paint apps). First Edition Optimus Prime is one of my favorite TF toys EVER because of how incredibly show accurate he is. Much like ROTF leader Optimus, he took a design that seemed impossible, and made it work pretty much perfectly.

However, there are times where show accuracy doesnt matter as much. An example of this is how I prefer the bulkier First Edition Vehicon to the PRID one.

18. Lumen

Lumen Active Member

Armada had a ton of toy inaccuracies, specifically on the Hasbro side. Granted, I can understand the toys being a bit inaccurate with all of the errors the show had.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care too much about show accuracy; I'm primarily interested in the figures and want a good toy, more than anything. If the figure manages to exactly capture the character's appearance in the half-hour toy commercials, great, but as long as it's close enough I'm happy.

20. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Rattrap Teabag

News Credits:
    I don't watch most of the shows. But even then show accuracy isn't all that important to me. A good mold is a good mold.