Show accuracy

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by s_cren, Mar 26, 2012.

1. s_cren

s_cren Banned

How important is the show accuracy of figure to you?
    I think it's important probably one of the reasons the FE PRIME figures are better than some of the RID ones

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

One of the most important factors to me in a figure.

3. MPrime10

MPrime10 Boomsticks.

Show accuracy is very important unless the figure is cool enough. If it is awesome and fun to have, I can just enjoy it and wait for a show accurate one to display.

Sadly... the figures that aren't show accurate are sometimes pieces of junk.

So yeah. Show accuracy is important.

4. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's all I care about really, gimmicks do nothing. Main reason I bought Buster Prime, a few First Edition Primes, and of course, Masterpiece figures.

5. daddytron

daddytron Your mom is an oversized CHUG

Probably the most important thing about a figure to me... Within reason. A lack of accuracy can still be overcome if the figure is otherwise awesome. Both Prime Voyager Primes are a good example of this. FE is way more accurate and therefore the better toy IMO. But PRID is a good looking character in both modes and fun to fool around with despite his lack of accuracy. My two cents.

6. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

Exactly how I feel.

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's certainly a big factor but not the only one. If it looks friggin cool and is a fun, quality toy, then I can overlook certain inaccuracies. Like Leader/MP Movie Starscream's cockpit and torso; it's not accurate but it comes close enough, and the rest of the figure is freakin' awesome.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'll forgive accuracy if it results in a cooler figure. FE Cliffjumper for example. But I prefer as accurate as possible.

9. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Show accuracy means nothing to me.

10. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Just a regular old plumbus

News Credits:
    I generally prefer show accuracy, but like Ryoku, if being inaccurate makes it a cooler looking figure, I'd go with that. Prime First Edition Arcee is a case of this. I don't like either Arcee that much, but I'd easily go with the FE one over the RID one.

11. optronix72

optronix72 Autobot

Ebay:
    very important

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Such as Prime RID arcee's Blaster: From just the shows impression you'd think its an oversized version of the arm cannon and should be traded to another figure.
    But when I pegged it on the forearm guard it really worked for me. Even smaller Mecha can carry this type of arsenal. Some may think of Transformers as tongue in cheek ridiculous for endorsing this over the top weaponry. But I don't see it that way. Its equipment from a scifi universe. There is nothing less serious about a different loadout, than strickly what the show gives.

Show accuracy is nice. But Arcees blaster helps her stand out on the shelf over other Arcees.

Packs a punch in display options. That's really all I ask.

Though.
    If a third party upgrade kit comes out that tries to alter parts from the Hasbro version for greater show accuracy. that's not cool for me. For different reasons. I respect the product that Hasbro and takara tomy put together. I was clearly interested in the piece and don't want to tear it apart for some pandering aesthetic improvisation. Not all kits are like that. But most Hasbro products I pick up should'nt be expected to have a third party upgrade down the line.

Another part of it is my weird programmed duty as kind of a toy historian. My style of Collecting is partially preservation of toys. So I hope you see its natural that I get defensive about the subject.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  13. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Agreed. I like both Arcee's, to be honest. RiD is more show accurate mold wise and scale-wise, barring the huge wings and too-light blue and lack of pink, of course (an easy DIY with a pink Sharpie). FE Arcee just looks like a cooler toy with a more interesting transformation engineering, even if she is too big and not quite as accurate except in color scheme. RiD Arcee goes with the other Bots for display, FE will be posed together in a separate display fighting Voyager Screamer when he comes out since they're my both favorite characters on the show.

14. cuad

cuad VOK EMISSARY

News Credits:
    Show accuracy with regards to mold and paint. Can it stand up? Does it have hands? Is it just a kibble monster/shell former? There are tons of ways to fault a transformer and I guess that one way becomes more important than another depending on the mold.

15. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    extremely - if it's not show accurate then it's a pass when it comes to g1/classics

16. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I started with G1 as a kid, so I was in way too deep before I even knew "show accuracy" was a thing! :) 

17. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I do like having a figure that looks like the show version, so long as the figure is good/fun in my own opinion I don't care about it.

18. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    On a scale of 1 to 5 I would say 4.

Accuracy is important to me and I generally prefer a figure to look reasonably close the animation model. However, I also prefer that one mode not be sacrificed for the sake of the other.

I also don't mind if the transformation "cheats" in some way as long as both modes look good. Details like painted wheels are always a plus. I also prefer screen-accurate weapons, but they aren't essential.

19. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Don't really care as long as the toy looks good to me.

20. Kylehudson14

Kylehudson14 On when I'm on

Very important! :D