Show-acccurate Beast Machines toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dragonfall5, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragonfall5

dragonfall5 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to put together a group of relatively show-accurate Beast Machines toys that are more or less in scale with each other?

At the moment I am only planning on picking up the Maximals. I just got hold of Blackarachnia, which I love, and am wondering what others I should be looking to acquire.

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Unfortunately the Beast machines toys were not even close to being show-accurate or anywhere near to scale with each other. It's pretty sad.

3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    The closest to show accurate, sadly, were the Happy Meal toys.
    Other than that, the drones were pretty good but in scale with nothing.

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

This is going to be difficult because Beast Machines is completely whacked in terms of scale. Moreso than any other TF line, IMO, and that's saying something! Show accuracy wasn't really a strong point either.

Here are my favorite Beast Machines or Beast Machines inspired figures in order:
    • RID Air Attack Optimus Primal
    • Blackarachnia
    • RID Megabolt Megatron
    • Tankor
    • Rattrap
    • Nightscream
    • Thrust
    Again, scale is definitely an issue as Nightscream and Rattrap are absoultely huge in comparison to their show models. I know you're only looking for Maximals as well, but I thought I would also throw in some of my favorite Vehicons for you to think about! :D 

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    Beast machines? you may as well throw scale out the window. screen accuracy? good luck with that as well.

6. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    Supreme cheetor is definately not in scale either. He's way taller than either optimus I own from the series. I'd avoid him anyway.

7. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

For show accuracy you can pick up the Beast Wars Returns Japanese versions of Silverbolt,
    Megahead Megatron, Blackarachnia, Savage/Noble, Tankor, Thrust, Obsideon, Strika, and Jetstorm. Then get the US releases of RID Primal, Rattrap, Cheetor, and Nightscream. The scale will be WAAAAAAY off but they are all the accurate deco's. Some of the Beast Wars Returns figures are very hard to find also (Thrust and Megahead Megatron). If you go by scale the Happy Meal toys make great additions, and some of them are pretty cool.

8. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    I think a Beast Machines Generations would be the best thing to get that, but I doubt that will happen. I wish you luck getting BM figures close to the show look and scale, going to be a challege with some of them.

9. mugen_prime

mugen_prime Well-Known Member

Unfortunately if you go for show accuracy you'll have to sacrifice scale. If you go for scale you'll have to sacrifice show accuracy. And some character aren't show accurate at all.

For Maximals I've got Blast Punch Primal, Blackarachnia, Ratrap, and silverbolt. Cheetor... haven't decided between Titanium Cheetor and Nightslash Cheetor. Nightslash seems to be the most accurate mold in both modes, but completely inaccurate colors. I refuse to buy Nightscream since he's ridiculously out of scale. Apparently there was a KO Nightscream that was close to deluxe scale, but I can't find it anywhere.

For Vehicons I've got deluxe Jetstorm, Basic "Tank Drone" Tankor (Far more accurate, but WAAAY too small and simplified), Basic "motorcycle drone" Thrust (probably the most accurate Beast Machines toy ever produced, as long as you don't transform it the way the instructions say), Strika, and Obsidian. I plan to get Megabolt Megatron eventually. Wouldn't mind picking up Savage/Nobel sometime.

10. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Yours is a fool's hope, kind sir.

You've also reminded me of just how much I'd like to own a Beast Wars Returns Obsidian...

11. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    My personal pick: Air Attack Optimus Primal & Deluxe Blackarachnia. :thumb 

Scale: You must be joking! :lol 

I took a good look at Silverbolt & Nightscream & I couldn't sleep at night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.