Shout-out from Bulkhead

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by jon3pnt0, Nov 27, 2010.

1. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    After seeing the "behind-the-scenes" of TF Prime, I am VERY proud that I have this now. Kevin Michael Richardson (aka Bulkhead) is SUCH a cool guy and terrific voice actor. He's no stranger to Transformers either. He also voiced Omega Supreme in TF Animated and one of the Primes in ROTF. I ran into him and Phil LaMarr (Jazz in TF Animated) while in LA and got a GREAT shout-out video from them. Phil LaMarr and Kevin Michael Richardson - VU

I'm honestly liking him the best out of the new character voices in TFP. I'm not fond of Ratchet and Starscream at all. And The Rock as Cliffjumper? Aw, c'mon. Glad they killed him off. Thumbs down for celebrity voiceovers in animation. Love Prime as always and Megatron did not disappoint. Arcee sounds terrific. Only question: no robo-fx for the voices this time around? About time.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Dont forgote Kevin Voiced Rampage on rotf ASWELL

3. Overhaulimus

Overhaulimus Sword of Fury!

News Credits:
    Yea, Dwayne did an excellent job in Prime, so I don't know what your problem is with him.

4. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    yeah, no. not diggin it. first off, why would such a big dude like johnson be voicing a mini-bot like cliffjumper of all characters? if by "excellent" you mean just reading a script without deviating from his own voice and personality, then ok, whatever. to each his own. sorry, dude. he's no voice actor. see Planet 51? i rest my case.

5. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter about his size in real life, Dwayne's attitude and voice fits the attitude that Cliffjumper has, Cliff is a brawler, he's always been like that.

Opinions are like assholes, we all have em, you can have yours and I can have mine.

6. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    he would have been better suited to someone like brawn. he's supposed to be cut from the same jib as bumblebee: young warrior 'bot. dwayne doesn't fit the bill. i know you love, love, love him and i like him too, just not as cliffjumper. i prefer voice actors for animation and not celebrities. cullen and the others only have their voices to get work in animation not their on-screen celebrity status or good looks or buff bods. as far as opinions being like aholes, they can also stink, lol. just tryin to have a civilized discussion and not trying to start a fight here... just so you know.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Likewise with Ratchet and Starscream. They sound fantastic.

8. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    Just personally didn't like them. Ratchet sounds too "everyday male voice" to me and Starscream is the only voice that sounds like a kid-cartoon voice. I liked Charlie Adler's movie Starscream voice. I just don't understand why they wouldn't just use him. They got him for Cobra Commander, why not TFP? The others are very genuine and believable. It's just my two cents. You don't have to like my opinion. I know a lot of you guys just love lookin for an argument.

9. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It seems obvious from his design that TF Prime Cliffjumper was a homage to "The Rock," who often used bull imagery. So it's only fitting that they got The Rock to voice him.

10. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Dude, I totally feel ya, I'm not trying to pick a fight either, meanings are lost in translation over the internet.

Dwayne would have also been great as Brawn, but I guess I should have said his "Rock" attitude fits for Cliff better, always looking for a fight.

If it seemed like I was trying to pick a fight, then I am truly sorry, cause that was not my intentions.

They both did sound fantastic, Jeff Combs as Ratchet was a great choice, he had some great one liners in the first two episodes alone, can't wait to see what else he's got.

11. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    Again, totally was not looking for an argument, so if I offended you, then I'm truly sorry.

12. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    No problem. Agreed on Rock as Brawn and I see what you mean about the attitude. I also agree that Ratchet had great lines but I'm just not diggin the voice yet. I am hoping with a little character development, that the voice will improve. Like I said to Split Lip, it just seems to "everyday male voice" to me. Animated Ratchet and even movie Ratchet had more character in the voices than TFP. I will wait and see if the character develops and improves the voice as well.

13. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    This is what I like about this site, two members can go from a disagreement and totally agree on something.

14. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Man that is awesome. Phil Lamar is one of the famous voice actors I'd love to meet. Samurai Jack is his best role in my mind.

But Jon, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with your opinions on the voices. Ratchet is amazing and I just want to hear him wax philosophically.

As for Cliffjumper, well I'm not a fan of the Rock by default. His name didn't affect my opinion of the character in any way, good or bad. But his performance and the character really endeared Cliffjumper to me. I instantly went from apathetic about Cliffjumper as a character (he was always just a repainted BB to me) to really liking him and couldn't wait to see him in this show. The fact that he was killed after achieving such a connection really impacted me. I loved it. I love when a story can make me care about a character and then pulls it away in great way.

But about his actor not fitting the character I have to disagree as well. Just because someone is small doesn't mean they can't be a scrappy fighter. Look at dogs. Generally the smaller a dog breed is the angrier it is. (Please don't correct me, this is just a generalization.) Personally I found the concept of a tough as nails scrappy little guy to be refreshing. There have been way WAY to many huge tough guys. It was nice to see a smaller one.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This is not G1.

Characters are different.

16. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    That was my only drawback. Johnson doesn't sound like a scrappy little guy. He sounds like a scrappy big guy. The character itself was great. Great fight scene and death scene. Glad TFP had the guts to off a character even though it was sad to see him go.

gonna have to disagree about ratchet for now. i'm looking at him from a professional voice actor's standpoint and not just as a TF fan. he didn't deviate at all from quiet, serious voice. if you remember, TFA rachet's emotions were all over the place which is why the voice was so great. so far, ratchet has only been serious and reserved. he had the opportunity to put a little extra on the reads for the scenes with the humans with some sarcasm or irratability, but he still sounded serious and reserved on every line. i'll wait it out and hope that he will get more into character down the road.

17. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    what exactly does that have to do with anything? even though i already know this is not G1, it borrows from multiple TF universes. G1, animated, Bay, and even WFC. the characters aren't that different when they are still using some of the original voice actors, original color schemes, and original names.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Cliffjumper looked like a big guy to me. We never got to see him next to anyone for size comparison.

19. jon3pnt0

jon3pnt0 EpicVoiceGuy

News Credits:
    good point, but i was comparing him to the Decepticon drones... when comparing BB to the drones and CJ to the drones, they appear to be very similar in size. not to mention the scene with arcee holding him before he drops. he's a scrappy little guy. i'm pretty certain.

20. Overhaulimus

News Credits:
    I gotta agree with Wollstone, his vehicle mode doesn't look like the updated Challenger in the episode, it looks more like the 70s Challenger, which is a big muscle car, if he is the 70s version, he's a pretty big bot.