SHOUT! G1 Season 1 DVD comes out 6/16....

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Cujo, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's the original audio,no more added sounds

2. Shokara

Shokara Well-Known Member

It seems that many of you have forgotten or were not yet alive when the show was originally broadcast and released on VHS. The broadcast version did still contain animation errors here and there. For hardcore fans since that time it's always been a vice we've had to deal with. The two Starscreams in Transport to Oblivion have always been there since broadcast and the original Family Home Entertainment VHS release. It's a shame, however, to hear about The Ultimate Doom part 3 and A Plague of Insecticons.

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

I hear you. Me too. Can't wait to get them both.

4. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

I was watching G4 and saw a commercial for Season 1. It was pretty cool :)  can't wait til my boxset gets here.

5. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

Why is the box set so much more expensive than the individual seasons? Are there that many more extras? At 16.99 per season, individual seasons are a much better deal. I must be overlooking something...

6. Cujo

Cujo United States Air Force

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in all of episode 1 they call frenzy rumble...

7. jeff0514

jeff0514 Well-Known Member

But will they be $16.99 per season? Isn't the next individual release only going to be the first half of season 2? Does anyone know the price breakdown for the individual sets vs the complete series set? Will it be cheaper to buy the complete series? I have the chinese complete series set that comes in the metal tin, but wouldn't mind having a set with all the menus, etc. in english.

8. Neuco

Neuco Well-Known Member

PM sent.

9. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  Exactly.

Of all the animation errors in G1, the one I'd like to see fixed the most is getting Rumble to the right color (red, of course).

10. Optimus997

Optimus997 Well-Known Member

They must need some customs built...

11. Autobot_Zak

Autobot_Zak Well-Known Member

So why are they sending replacement discs? And theres no difference between the rhino and this?? I was wanting to buy this but now i am having second thoughts. I still do have my tin collection though.

12. bourdon

bourdon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because they are rhino errors left in some episodes and now they are correcting the mistakes : Shout! Factory Community - The Definitive Transformers Thread the fixed episodes will be in the matrix set.

13. Shokara

Shokara Well-Known Member

Apparently some of the animation errors from the workprint film materials used for the Rhino DVDs made it onto several episodes of Shout! Factory's release of season 1. Shout! Factory intends to replace the discs where the mistakes are present. And just to remind you people, there's absolutely no way that every animation error you've ever seen can be corrected. The original broadcast version also had animation errors, and we've had to deal with that ever since the beginning. Rhino only brought more animation errors than we already had. Also, Brian Ward, producer of this release from Shout! Factory, had this update to give us on this situation from Shout's Transformers message board.

"I am at the authoring house now and correcting the missed shots on "A Plague of Insecticons", "Heavy Metal War", and "Ultimate Doom, Part 3." There really isn't that much that we missed, compared to the videos we see online and the lists of known errors we found at some of the Transformers fan sites. In fact, we've already come across a number of shots we found in our first pass that they didn't. So I feel good about this.

The fans that purchased the complete series set will definitely be getting the corrected episodes. Fans that purchased the season one set and want a replacement will need to send their original discs in, when we have replacements available from the plant. Please do not send those discs until I give the go-ahead. We don't want discs getting lost in the shuffle.

As for the audio on some episodes, we created stereo tracks from the existing audio sources. If those audio sources were initially low, there was very little we could do to boost that audio, outside of creating a brand new audio master the way Rhino did. You're hearing the audio exactly how was it was originally broadcast, except for the fact that it's in stereo instead of mono.

The "Matrix of Leadership" Edition will eventually hit retail, however, there has been no date set for that. We will make that news available here and online when we do know.

I've been given word that our SDCC exclusive is coming along very nicely, so those folks that purchase the complete series set in San Diego next month will really have an AMAZING item to take home with them.

I will keep you guys updated throughout the day.

Brian"

This is good news for fans like myself that pre-ordered the complete series set.

14. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So I have to pay to send in my incorrect discs to get the episodes as they were originally promised? Ok. Sure. No thank you, Shout! Factory. This is the one and only set I will be buying.

15. Autobot_Zak

Autobot_Zak Well-Known Member

Damn, i was really looking forward to be buying these sets. But now i guess there are just like the rhino editions with the animation errors and added sound effects. :thumbdown 

16. Johnator

Wow you really didn't want this set to be as good as it is going to be did you? Why not just mail the disc back and get one that will have what you want? I did it for He-Man 2002 when they messed up a disc. It was quick and painless and so worth it.

17. Johnator

Have you been reading all the posts? It is going to be better than the rhino editions there was just a problem with the initial shipment.

18. Johnator

Just so this is clear. This still sounds like THE definitive edition of G1 to me.

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Why would I buy this set again if I didn't want it to be better? I bought it with the information given by SF that the Rhino errors and additions would be corrected. Some were, some were not. I'm sorry but that is not my problem. I work in retail management and I understand what it means to not follow through on a promise. When that happens I do whatever it takes to solve the problem and satisfy the customer. If SF wants to deliver on their previous promises, they should mail the discs out to customers who can provide them with a scan of a valid receipt. I should not have to pay any amount to ship them back. Regardless of how nominal the charge may be.

20. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we can expect this error to be corrected and season 1 will eventually starting shipping with the corrected disc right?

I'm holding off until they do this if at all.