Shouldn't TFP Bumblebee have a painted face?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Duwian, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Duwian

Duwian Wants FoC EVERYTHING

What's happenin' guys?

So, you guys all saw the Transformers Prime Deluxe Bumblebee, right? I saw it's face and wondered if I was the only one who thought a silver or maybe chrome face would look good? Thanks.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nothing stopping you from getting a silver sharpie and putting silver on his face yourself. That's what loads of people did for Universe 2.0 Ironhide's blue face.

Frankly I think it looks good as is, myself. Not my favorite figure of all times, especially since I'm sick of the movie Bumblebee look, but the face isn't one of the drawbacks for me.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    He does have a painted face.

As for making it the correct silver?

No. Not silver sharpie. although I'm always against sharpies on TFs, this is an even bigger no. It's his face, which has no sculpted details, so its just a flat surface. Meaning streaks could end up showing really easily. Sharpies also aren't precision painting tools, so it's going to be a pain in the ass to cover his face completely, and neatly.

Unless you're good with a brush, I wouldn't suggest using one of those either. brushstrokes can show really easily on surfaces with no detail unless you've got a decent amount of skill with them.

Faces are something that any mistakes are going to show really easily, since the eyes will be drawn to it. It can be different with areas/traditional faces with sculpted details, the details hide streaks. but his face is just flat and featureless.

For best results, I saytake his head off, pop out his eyes, mask everything but the face, and use a nice shiny silver spraypaint.

I'd be shocked if reprolabels didn't make a chromey silver sticker to go over it later on. It's a flat surface, so why the hell not.

4. amethysted

amethysted Well-Known Member

Yea, this is just another reason I bought the NYCC version...

Dont worry. This line has a LONG while to go. Which means more BB repaints...

Hang in there!

Or pick up NYCC BB! Ha!

5. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At least they should have make the face the same as NYCC version, this 1st editon bumblebee suck big time