Shouldn't Bay have done "Robotech" instead?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by roy_flagg00, Feb 17, 2011.

1. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

His style would have translated much better to that than transformers.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Shouldn't I have been a millionaire? My style would fit in better with way more money.

3. Deceptijohn

Deceptijohn Metallikato Master

News Credits:
    The original Macross series has too much emotional depth to be trusted to that hack. If all you know is the crappy US retread that was Robotech I can see why you would think Bay is a good fit.

4. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    No no no no and no.

While his Starscream vs F22's scene in TF1 was really nice, he can't touch the direction of dogfights in Macross/Robotech.

Besides, Macross/Robotech is way more character driven.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the ultimate film for Micheal Bay would be a zombie movie. Bad guys don't need personality because they are dead. Character development isn't a big issue because people are so busy not getting eaten by the dead. Lots of crazy action would just bump up the cool factor.

6. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't give anyone any ideas! I don't want Bay anywhere near the Walking Dead at all.

7. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Two words, one title: GI Joe.

8. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

Two Words, One Title: Power Rangers.
    Think about it, Explosions, Bad Villain development, even Giant-er fucking Robots, TONS of Stunts.

9. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Ew! No way should he do Robotech! I'm still hoping that one day he will be brought to justice for what he's done to Transformers.

10. Trypticon 2010

Trypticon 2010 Well-Known Member

Yes because he hasn't turned the Transformers franchise from a failing fan-only series into a billion doller money maker.

People assume these films are made for the fans. They are not, just like the original '86 film they're made to make money and sell toys. Only difference is this time it actually worked, because non-transformer fans can actually watch and enjoy the movies.

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    Robotech is just a bastardization of Macross, isn't it?

Yeah, I think he'd be true to Robotech's spirit.

The Unicron Trilogy was NOT for the fans, the franchise was NOT failing, and Michael Bay is NOT our savior.

Goddamn.

12. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Excellent - then if he were to take the Robotech that we all know and love, get it piss drunk, and then bend it over a table and rape it brutally because it's going to make money, YOU send him a "thank you" note and tell him how great he is.

13. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Yeah, and those bastards at Hasbro too. And Speilberg. And ILM. and the millions of people who saw the film. And bought the DVDs. And bought the toys. When are they gonna get their day in court for what they've done to the true fans like you and me?

14. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i for one like what michael bay has done with transformers if it wasn't for him i doubt i would even know what transformers are

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to have to disagree that he'd be a good fit.

The Joe aspect I think he could handle. Josh Duhamel would have been a far better Duke than Channing Tatum. In the first Transformers film it even seemed like the team was kind of Bay's version of GI Joe.

The part that would worry me is can Bay handle the Cobra aspect of a GI Joe movie. Bay just doesn't seem to have a flair for making great movie villains and a really Cobra organization is the key to making GI Joe what it is rather than just any old military story.

But I bet Bay would have at least sent the X-Men uniforms back to wardrobe and put the Joes into something cool to wear.

16. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

After Bay's finished with Transformers, he should remake The Guyver. He should Produce, direct and everything. The Guyver definitely needs to be remade so we can forget about those 2 shit films they made in the 90s.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    No, he should have done GI Joe instead.

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    THIS! Some sort of Left 4 Dead spin-off maybe? I dunno. I only say L4D because it has pipe bombs, propane tanks, and a few other explosive elements, which we all know Bay has a fetish with. :D 

19. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

yes he is our savior, Through him Transformers became the biggest boys Toy Brand currently, which Helped boost the Ratings of Animated due to Brand Awareness, and the Profits from it allowed Hasbro to Create Their own Network, the Hub which in turn is featuring the newest Transformers series Prime which is very Bay influenced, and Since Prime is on Hasbro's channel and not a Third Party network it most likely will not be Cancelled. and if it wasn't Failing then tell me why did Cartoon network keep switching around the airing of Cybertron to the death slot of 6 in the morning.

20. roy_flagg00

roy_flagg00 I want more life....

I got this idea after seeing a few seconds of the pearl harbor attack scene.

:redface2: