Customs: Shoulder joint help?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by Megatron31, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    First off I am making an assumption that we are familir with the classics sun streaker and gnerations drift

I am working on a character whose arms will collapse into the sides of his chest and the upper torso will become the rear of the vehicle

For this plan to work I want to use the classics sun streaker molds torso take the hood off to where all that is left are the clear parts that slide back into the torso

K if you are with me so far I want to use drifts shoulders and hood pieces as the rear of the vehicles fenders with some heavy molding (as the ball joints for his arms swing up like a currently want for the character I am working on)

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to attach the two so it will work right. the way the mounting holes lay won't allow it to swing out to the side like I want

So I have come here to ask for help and suggestions

Let me know if pics would help my descriptions

2. Megatron31

Ebay:
    ok i thought pics might help explain this a little more first up is the torso i have from sunstreaker and the clear part i am talking about at the top corners of each side of the chest
    [​IMG]

next up is the part from drift i am talking about
    [​IMG]

see how it needs a peg to attatch to the clear piece that slides into the chest of sunstreaker

now yes i could just screw it to the chest on sunstreaker but i need it to attatch to the clear piece so when it transforms it will look similar to this (the arm is actually upside down in this pic
    [​IMG]

hopefully my pics help my above comments make more sense

Attached Files:

3. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

yes, pictures help. :) 
    Whew, short of rebuilding the piece like you want, then molding and casting it so it's solid, i don't have any ideas for ya.
    That would work out quite nicely if you were okay doing it that way. you'd have a brand new part thats perfect for you application. Trying to build something in there from two pieces would be way to weak, if i'm understanding what you are trying to do.

Randy!

4. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Bighorn I think u and I are on the same page except I can't cast parts I've never done it. I will let the cat out of the bag on this I am working on a g1 hook. I tried using the classics prowl mold and the work pretty good and I will provably use that setup for mixmaster.

But for this I was wanting to find a preexisting part so I didn't have to scratchbuild

5. Bigbot3030

Uh....I think you mean me. :lol 

well, I can do some casting. I'd like to work with ya, your kitbashings are some of the most creative I've ever seen. But if your looking for a pre-exsiting part, i can't help ya there. I'm amazed at half the stuff you come up with.
    Good luck!

Randy!

6. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Yeah sorry I'm on my Droid and it auto corrected your name if I can come up with a part ill shoot you a pm about casting it. And thanks for the compliments I started doing this stuff back in June and feel like I advanced my skills fairly fast. But I love the challenge of resting the limits of what's been done which is why I'm really trying to make the constructicons. Thanks for the compliment I appreciate it

7. Bigbot3030

I think it was your thundercracker made with dropkick legs that first caught my eye. never looked at those toys in that way, and it was awesome.

I've been keeping an eye on you devie work, since like I mentioned in one of your threads, we have some similar ideas on that project.

Randy!

8. Megatron31

Ebay:
    Nope that ones not mine all I have done thus far are insecticons a jazz and the defy stuff

9. Bigbot3030

:eek: 
    My bad, I confused you and someone else then on the thundercraker. I HAVE been following your Devy though.

Let me know if you wanna talk casting!

Randy!

10. Megatron31

Ebay:
    and with a little luck

boo ya i present the early form of hook

[​IMG]

now why did i use the parts i have

i fiend over the all hail megatron constructicon designs so drifts fenders will be reworked so they are the 4 rear wheels of the crane and the wheel on his forearm will be removed sunstreakers torso was an obvious choice for having thigs fold into the chest and his upper thighs cloesly resemble the design im after already and the bottom of his legs are a great platrom to box out and build up with syrene.

now transformation isnt exactly where i want it so bigbot what may end up happening is me glueing the pegs the shoulders are on to the chest plate and seeing if you cant cast it for me so i can squeeze the arms into the chest more. becaue as it sets now the arms can only swivel in as far as tehe peg whiche would make the rear end of the alt form much wider than the front (which i dont want)

now that i have made this work out so whell i will probably redo my mixmaster with this upper torso design becasue it has a place tho hide the head and gives me movent in places i really need it for the combiner mods

thanks bigbot for giving me some ideas on this and i will keep in contact with you on it

Attached Files: