should we get a general lee transformer

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by blackjkb, Mar 11, 2010.

?

have hasbro make a general lee transformer

Poll closed Mar 21, 2010.
  1. yes

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  2. no

13 vote(s)
    52.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackjkb

blackjkb Banned

if yall watch the dukes of hazzard you know what im talking about...their famous car the general lee....yeah i know that a guy on youtube "patrick bolivan" made a general lee transformer...but i mean a hasbro trademarked transformer....now i havent seen any yet...."i may be mistaken...they may have made one" but just think about who else votes they make one?

2. jackets

jackets Gamer/Anime fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    edit: i read the post wrong i though he said that the one in the vid was the real thing and i am saying maybe

3. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    I think it could be done, but I dont think Hasbro will do it. The rebel flag would probably be the main part of it not happening. Just taking a guess from how people react to it these days.

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    yup when it comes to that flag the damned if the do and damned if the don't.

if the leave it on they risk being called racist if they take it off the will incense Dukes of hazard fans.

5. VSpec

VSpec TF Forza Painter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I ain't gunna knock any Dukes of Hazard fan for their want, but screw any further promotion of that rebel flag. I vote no.

7. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    and with this, we see a person who is poorly educated when it comes to the civil war

8. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'd like to see it happen in a deluxe or voyager scale.

9. Covenant

Ebay:
    And again, some guy sitting at his computer makes an incredibly inaccurate statement about somebody else he's never met & does not know, and does so in a manner usually found online; Ignoring the blatant by pushing scraps as general consensus.

Dude, seriously. There were many confederate flags, but the rebel flag in question is very rightly associated nowadays with current day racist rednecks & the idea of the pro-slavery side of the American Civil War. If YOU can't see that, well, you need to pay better attention to the society around you. You can say it's all about heritage, if that's the route you decide to pursue here, however it's a lasting symbol of a side of Southern heritage many Southerners don't care to be reminded of. Yes it's pushed as an image of an era of southern sovereignty, yeah it's got that Tennessee pride behind it in history, but come on now. I kindly invite you to give me your apparent enlightened history lesson regarding the flag, because from the presumptuous & slightly ignorant statment made I can only imagine it fails to recognize the flag's yesteryear & modern day connections to slavery, overt racism, and hate groups.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand, go!

10. amd098

amd098 En taro Artanis!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ what he said
    the swastika was a hindu/indian symbol, but you dont see indian people wandering around with that, because of what that symbol means to the world

symbols are sometimes more powerful than words, and symbols of goverments that promoted acts such as slavery and nazism will obviously never be made into toys by hasbro, and i double takara would know what the confederate flag is

11. guard convoy

News Credits:
    ^ignorance is bliss

really? it IS southern heritage.....you act like the civil war was fought over slavery....well it wasn't, it was fought over state's rights, as Lincoln was elected WITHOUT any southern electoral votes, making the south very scared as they had no power...the North could do whatever they want and the south was defenseless....so the south succeeded slowly and the war broke out....and while there were cruel slaveowners out there, most were actually not that cruel.....slavery is bad, but come on, the north were pratically brutes at the end of the war, basically setting the south on fire and destroying everything in their path (yea, you don't learn about that often).....most slaves were loyal to their slave masters, with several accounts out there of slaves sticking with their owners after northern troops set fire to southern plantations and stuff......thing is, it is my heritage, and i'll defend it, and it is not as racist as it is made out to be, people have taken it up to use racially, but that is because they are poorly educated in what really happened

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Seconded, or thirded.

I don't want a General Lee Transformer, with the flag issue part of the reason why.

Even without the flag, I'd much rather see an Airwolf or '80s KITT Transformer than that thing.

13. LEADERS_MATRIX

LEADERS_MATRIX Wisdom of the ages...

The best you will probly get is the Minicon that looks more like a Chalenger, from the Classics line.

14. Covenant

Ebay:
    Excuse me, but the presidential election of 1860 was a win by Abraham Lincoln who campaigned against the expansion of slavery beyond the states in which it already existed. That victory resulted in seven Southern states declaring their secession from the Union even before Lincoln took office. All existing US administrations of the time rejected the legality of that claim of secession which is what turned it into a rebellion. The way you lay it out? Like the South was some poor little assembly, and slavery not all that horrible? My god.

Myself being born, raised, and still living in Texas, not to mention a history major, then noting clearly you didn't so much as address one of the issues I asked you to point out, in your own words..

15. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i would get it...cause it would look cool and a great crossover to a show i used to watch growing up,...and cause i think a muscle car would be great...i mean c'mon..most people loved big daddy and his previous encarnation

16. guard convoy

News Credits:
    HE WAS ELECTED WITHOUT ANY SOUTHERN ELECTORAL VOTES, if that could happen the North could do anything they wanted and the south would be powerless. the north could have abolished slavery and left the south in ruins (the economy of the south depended on it).....and i am not saying slavery was not all that horrible, i am saying IT ISN'T AS BAD AS PEOPLE MAKE IT OUT TO BE

17. mineraljane

mineraljane Gravity Hugger

News Credits:
    Uh, you cannot be serious.

18. llfalcon

llfalcon Well-Known Member

It really doesn't matter what you don't want. You don't have to buy it.

I say make it, if you don't like it, don't get it. Why stop at General Lee? Other Crossovers to other famous cars would be cool. Kitt, Batmobile, Herbie, The Mystery Machine, Italian Job's Austin Mini's, Speedracer's Mach 5, Ecto 1, the De Lorean, etc. I think that would be a fun and popular line, not just for Transformers Fans. Although it would depend on licensing on makes and studios.

19. guard convoy

News Credits:
    People make it out as if southern slavery was as bad as the holocaust.....so yea, i am dead serious

20. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is gonna get nasty.

Leave the flag alone. GL would be cool, but it'll never happen. With the flag, they'd be called racist. Without the flag, it wouldn't be the General....they're better off not doing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.