Should Transtech be resurrected?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by robofreak, Jul 20, 2009.

1. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

Well, we have yet to hear anything about another cartoon series.

Do you guys think Transtech should go back into production?

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I would say "yes" except that I think it's far too late now for a Beast Machines sequel to be relevant to a mainstream audience.

3. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Didn't it sort of get ressurrected as Universe?

4. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^huh?

And no, those characters aren't really fresh in anyones minds anymore. I wouldn't mind seeing it as an IDW comic though

5. robofreak

robofreak Well-Known Member

That's what's brilliant about bringing the series back. The characters aren't all that fresh. They could start the series as it's own Universe. Maybe a flashback episode or 2, but they could essentially write the characters off as new characters for a reboot.

Also, cars are starting to bore me. I kinda want beasts to come back or some crazy looking vehicles.

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    yes, but it can't be a BM sequel, they should use the designs but make a new show......those designs+animated writing=HOLY SHIT YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

yes! and hopefully as a sequel to beast machines,but writin in such a way that it is not necessary to have watched beast machines.

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As Universe toys, yes. some of those designs were fantastic.
    as an offshoot in the IDW, quite possible.
    as a tv show, nah...

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    You guys are aware that the Colelctors' Club is ALREADY running a Transtech comic?

10. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    i am at least, but i think people are talking about a comic accesible to everybody

11. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too bad the club comic is an exclusive. It'd be a great way to introduce the series to everyone in a mainstream format.
    Personally, I think Transtech would be one of the best moves Hasbro could do. First of all, all the designs are already worked out via the club comic. Secondly, there are at least three known prototype figures out there (Cheetor, Starscream and Prime), so there's that much less toy design that needs done, and lastly, it offers a medium to introduce characters from every Transformers timeline/franchise. It could use the 'guest starring' formula to satisfy everyone from G1-ers to movie fans, kind of like DS9 did for Star Trek (but hopefully not sucking as bad).

On a side note, when I heard they were doing more realistic representations of Lockdown and Ratchet from Animated, Transtech was the first thing that popped to mind.

12. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

No no no no no no. No. What is the obsession with this line? Actually, scratch that question, someone else answered it in another thread: because it never happened, people have built it up into some awesome show in their heads. Never mind that they didn't like Beast Machines.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Remember when Stepper was this awesomatical super amazingtastic Japanese-only toy that everyone wanted and was paying exorbitant amounts of money for and begged Hasbro to release in the USA?

Then Hasbro released Commemorative Series Ricochet. And he shelfwarmed.

14. Optimus Sledge

I was looking at the Transtech page on TFwiki, and found these comments on the talk page:
    Yeah, that's realistic. You love some concept designs with no story more than the entertaining RID cartoon and it's excellent toys. :rolleyes:  You just know that if Transtech had been made, people would have bitched over how bad it was, and why did they continue with Beast Machines 'cos that SUCKED, and have you seen that Japanese cartoon Car Robots, OMG that is so much better and the toys are AWESOME and why doesn't Hasbro release that here?

15. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    No thanks. I have no interest in Transtech.

16. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I still say yes.

It's by no means a holy grail. Certain designs have escaped it's limbo into other continuities and been successful. That fact - meaning there would need to be redesigns for certain characters anyway, the fact it has its own style, the fact Animated's over and a new movie won't be out for a few years, the fact its a continuation of the G1>G2>BW>BM puzzle-pieced saga, etc, etc, *insert any other point from linked posts*, and I say it would totally work and be a very welcome addition. I can even say let it have a realistic timeframe in introduction. Instead of "OH YEAH! Let's have that next year!", why not bring it in the year of the TF 30th Anniversary? Plenty of time for story, animation, toy production, et cetera.

And as for the TFCC version, it's very elseworld and should stay that way. The story around the Transtech designs used there was made specifically for multiverse usage and the history of their TT world isn't in the same continuation saga as Beast Wars & Machines were. Should Transtech be resurrected, it should be done so as the next chapter of the story.

17. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

What worth is there in making a children's cartoon that's a sequel to a children's cartoon from the 90's? Hey kids,remember Cheetor,from back before you were alive?!

18. HiKaizer

HiKaizer Plot Botherer

As I commented last time Transtech was raised, I really like the design aesthetic. However this is from an artistic point of view simply enjoying them as artwork. I don't feel it would work so well as an animated series. It seems to work as a comic, so I would be in favour of the comic-line and universe being expanded (and made more readily available) but I think leave it away from the cartoons. The same goes with the live-action movies.

19. Optimus Sledge

Yes, what better way to celebrate 30 years of Transformers history than to turn the line over to a sequel that was never made 15 years ago. :confused: 

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    If worst comes to worst,

Just give people the Transtech Optimus Prime, Cheetor, and Starscream figures that almost got made and they will stop complaining. Put them in under the Universe toyline.

Anything Transtech that didn't make it into production should just be ignored.