should transformers have a magnificent b@$t@rd among the decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Aug 11, 2011.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

and if so what might that character be like as a person?

letme know how this strikes you

as a decepticon the character happens to be brilliant and utterly devious, to an almost breathtaking, mind-boggling degree. Call it genius, call it virtual omniscience, but he always seems to know what everyone else is planning at any given moment, and exactly how to arrange the game so he wins every time.

He is a smooth operator. He always knows exactly what to say to position you where he wants you, always has a backup strategy and never loses his cool. Even if on the remote chance something happens that wasn't in his plans, you'd never know it from his actions.

He has a goal, he's not going to stop until he's completed it...whatever it is. To that end he will do almost anything. He'll move heaven and hell, and we want to see him succeed. Despite his choice of tactics, he is rarely if ever pointlessly cruel, and has a reason for everything he does.

He is charismatic, often charming, his personality like a physical force. People tend to like him, sometimes even when they know he isn't on their side, and even those who hate his guts have to admit respect. Even when at his darkest, he has traits which one can't help but admire.

now imagine that this particuler character comes across in all ways to both enemy and ally alike as being in his way the rommel among his fellow transformers
    found this on wikipedia
    Erwin Rommel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from what i have read on the matter over time in life at the time rommel actually came across all around as bieng a genuinly humane high ranking german soldier for his time though certainly a man who fought for the wroung side but a humane man none the less

to be honest if a a decepticon character like that were to ever exist officially in transformers over time i could all too easily see that person as being in thier way a good guy con counterpart to megatrons person and also possibly being the one decepticon among them who would be worthy of being accepted by the matrix as a possible successor to the role of autobot leadership.

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

...I'm pretty sure RID Scourge qualifies for the title of "Magnificent BASTARD" according to what you just said.

3. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

Well, I like to think Prime Starscream tries to be one.

4. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

He's more like a Smug Snake. I think the best example of a Magnificent Bastard in the Transformers would probably be Beast Wars Megatron.

6. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Seems like BW Megatron's MO.

7. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    G1 Thunderwing fits the profile quite well.

8. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

beast wars megatron for the word.

but what might the caharacter be like if the character were to go all the way in playing up the whole rommel angle to its logical conclusion as a noble demon/magnificent bastard turned genuine amoral good guy over time

if beast wars megatron had turned out like that over time he would be the predacon turned maximal david xanatose in his way

9. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Definitely Animated Megatron. BW Megatron as well.

10. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Duh, Drift. :ev: 

zmog

11. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

I think a cross between Beast Era Megatron with TFA Megatron.

12. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Overlord apparently knows about magnificence...

[​IMG]

13. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Do fanfic characters count? 'Cause "Skywound" would definetely fit this trope.

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Honestly, based on the description, I think ONLY fanfic characters fit this description.

zmog

15. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    Yeah, RiD Scourge & Beast Wars Megatron both fit your definition.

BW Megs is also a Chessmaster, using the secret plans of others in his own plan, like how he took out the Planet Buster (& Primal).

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd say Beast Wars Megatron, RID Scourge, Armada Sideways and Cybertron Starscream are all magnificant bastards,

I'd like more please.

17. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think Megatron definitely qualifies, or at least some versions of him, especially BW.

18. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i think i just had me a serious brainstorm on the matter people.

what if nemesis prime were to be portrayed as a optimus prime clone character being the magnificent bastard rommel among his fellow decepticons.

think about it for a moment

a decepticon clone of optimus prime nemesis prime who asa character is portrayed in such a way that the guy in his way comes across as being a genuinly humane and good person.

in his way he also comes across as being a genuinely honor bound warior who first and foremost would fight in the great war because he beleives in his people to be capable of having a better nature like himself and also because he genuinely wants to do right by his homeworld of cybertron.

that is to say that his personal loyalty is to the decepticon cause and to his people the cybertronians and his homeworld first and foremost but not to megatron himself to the point that he over time plots agaisnt megatron to have him assassinated for the good of all

basicly this nemesis prime would be the genuinely good con among his fellow decepticcons who fought for the wrong side in the great war but was a genuinely good con none the less.

just my thoughts on the mattrer but looking back on history and rommels role in the matter he does come across in his way as being a kind of human optimus coutnerpart stuck on the wroung side of the war.