Should Transformers get a Reboot?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Mar 4, 2010.

?

Should Transformers get a Reboot?

1. A Transformers movie following G1 should just be made.

43 vote(s)
    27.4%
  2. A Beast wars Live action movie should be made.

16 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. No, leave the live action series how it is.

98 vote(s)
    62.4%
  1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I feel like they could of done better with the Transformers live action series, don't get me wrong, I did like them but the only thing I truly liked about the live action series was the parts with the transformers in the scene or the fighting scenes.

I feel like they should reboot in in a couple of years after TF3 is out and they should make a live action series following G1...
    Like make "More Than Meets the Eye" and "The Ultimate Doom" in to a movie.
    It wouldn't matter if it was copying, it would still make a great movie none the less.

But they also could forget about G1 and just make a Live action Beast wars movie....
    What do you think?

2. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Since we totally know how TF3 will be...

Depending on its quality, it could go for a few more movies.

A couple years AFTER TF3 for a reboot though (assuming it sucks)? WAY too soon. They should put some distance between the Bayformers and a reboot. We don't need what happened to Spiderman to happen to Transformers ;) .

And as for WHAT a reboot might look like, well, I hope it does it's own thing like the Bay movies did/do. They take cues from past incarnations of Transformers, but make them their own. They could probably use some closer ties to older material but I'd rather see them take a chance rather then make the same thing all over again.

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Deceptipunk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It could go for a few movies but maybe like 5 to 10 years after Bayformers is done and done.

And ya, I we don't want that to happen to Transformers what is happening to Spiderman, that why they pick someone who knows transformers very well and let them remake it.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Didn't I vote this poll last year yet?

5. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    im hoping the third film is as good as the first

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the only way to really fix the films is to have a reboot. Not that the film franchise hasn't had some good ideas, but the only way to really fix some of the fundamental problems is to get a new creative team that could take things in a whole new direction. Hopefully a direction where the personalities of the robots are important and the bad guys need just as much personality as the good guys.

As to making it G1, I have to say no. I'd rather it be something like Batman Begins or the Dark Knight where things are different like the Joker yet familiar enough that they don't have to point out it's the Scarecrow or it's the Joker.

A quick reboot like Spiderman, I want to see how it works out before saying it's a bad idea. I really liked Spiderman 1 and 2 but it did seem like there could have been some improvements so who knows maybe the reboot will be better or it could be worse.

7. caitlindevi

caitlindevi Sculpticon

News Credits:
    SO you're FOR a reboot then *Ba-doom tish* :wink: 

8. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    It will eventually get a reboot, Transformers frequently gets reboots of sorts. We have many different continuities, versions of characters, what have you. Just because we have a Bayverse, does not mean we won't get another (set of) live-action Transformer movie(s).

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I think waiting a long time before doing a reboot would be a good idea, as constant reboots close enough to be conisdered a sequel are arguably worse for a franchise's reputation than a bad sequel would be.

That being said, a reboot should take a completely different approach than previous incarnations of Transformers, including the current movies. Trying to stay close to a television series 25 years old, and aimed at kids, is probably not the best way to build a movie that's actually expected to work.

10. doomtron

doomtron Hunter

News Credits:
    :eek:  umm yea

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I agree with this 100%.

12. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

I would love to have a reboot where the movie centers around the robots and their personalities. Leave the humans to side characters, and perhaps place it 10-15 years in the future.

13. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

I want a reboot! So we can half a film based on Transformers, not humans with characterless and merciless robot stalkers, I include the Autobots in Merciless, Prime is more like Judge bloody Dread than a good leader!

14. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I had hoped the movieverse would be like that (I had a cool idea of how it could be handled - making the TFs responsible for the dinosaur extinction) - but I kinda like the way the movie verse has been handled.

I think its far too soon for a reboot - would rather see what is done with WFC (spin off cartoon and toys?)

15. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Reboot? In several years, maybe. I'd like to see how this current series plays out and then have a little down time to be quite honest.

G1? HELL no. Let G1 be what it was, and let's stop raping that corpse. Rebooting doesn't mean going back and doing the same thing over again. If a reboot must be done, then let's break new ground and make with a new mythos.

But not yet. I am enjoying the movie franchise and would like to let it finish if it's all the same to you.

I should also point out that these are two of the dumbest, most incoherent stories ever told in TF lore. MTMTE less so than the Ultimate Doom, I'll grant you. But neither one of those scripts is in any way equal in intelligence to ROTF. They're TONS dumber. Ultimate Doom, to me, has always been one of the most ridiculous plots ever, from both an artistic and scientific standpoint. Do you really mean to tell me that a bunch of Autobots surfing would make the franchise better somehow? And the shit ending from MTMTE?

No, no remakes need to be made.

And Beast Wars is great enough to stand alone and un-retouched.

16. UKBrawn

UKBrawn Intergalactic Tin Opener

I really hope Bay doesn't read these boards....

17. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Let me just say this. I loved the look and feel of the recent movies, I just didn't like how they were all GM cars. If they were some how able to use the original G1 characters/cars but keep the same look and feel, then it would've been awesome.
    It would've been nice to see something familiar in the movie. Other than MAYBE Optimus Prime, I really didn't recognize anybody other than by name!

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    If TF3 is good, I'll be satisfied to have 2 out of 3 okay TF films.

If TF3 sucks, then a reboot in 2015 is necessary to wash down the bad taste Bayverse left us with.

19. monsterikan

monsterikan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    after 3, maybe.

20. UltraMarcus28

UltraMarcus28 Maximal

News Credits:
    no live action beastwars...wait for a new cg beastwars and make a movie off of that. itd be impossible to make a successful beastwars movie in live action, and itd be a shame to just drop two movies, the non fans love this stuff. i like it too.