Should Transformers Alternators had its own cartoon series?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by maninthebox94, May 17, 2009.

?

Shouldnt Transformers Alternators had its own cartoon series?

1. Yes, i think it should have.

43 vote(s)
    50.6%
  2. No, i don't think it should have.

42 vote(s)
    49.4%
  1. Coolhand

Coolhand Spiff's Stunt Double

In my ideal world-yes.

But then, in my ideal world, the Alt line would still be running and making steady progress through the whole G1 cast rota.

As people have mentioned, the practicalities of licensing enough characters and the complex nature of what were essentially adult themed collectables mean that I doubt it would ever be practical for Hasbro to use the Alternators line as a basis for a profitable animated show.

I’d love to be proved wrong though.

2. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Marketing... yeah maybe.

Show, hells no.

3. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

This.

4. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I personally found the whole Binaltech story to be confusing, contradictory and full of holes the size of Metroplex. Now I can forgive that when it's in the form of mini-comics that fulfill the fandoms need for new story material and to see eerything "fit". In terms of show that sets out to create a whole new "mythology" that fits into 3 or 4 pre-exsisting realities it would need a lot of work. Even then the only people who would get it would be those who already had seen all of G1, BW and BM, plus had read a good chunk of the Marvel comic run. There's just too much backstory involved. :2c: 

At any rate, I think Alternators had a cartoon, I call it G1. They were always meant to be updated versions of classic toys geared toward those of us had played with the originals. If we're gonna get an update of G1, I agree, Universe is the way go for that.

5. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

i always thought a one shot made for tv movie would have been nice. as has been said though, licensing issues would severely limit the potential. with all the vehicle makes it would have been a contracting nightmare. it's still amazing they managed to produce what they could. Hasbro had to sign with just one car maker for the movie because of that very issue. if they could have found solutions to the licensing, history behind the characters, and strict toy complexity issues, it could have worked.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  7. Psychrome86

Psychrome86 Well-Known Member

8. Mobb One

Mobb One Godmaster

News Credits:
    No. There's only so much conflict you can create when all the alt-modes are on equal footing (they're all cars).

Even in G1, for all its simplicity, they continuously brought up the handicap of the autobots (most of them) being unable to fly. Animated has made that a clear distinction, which has really added to the show.

There's no such difference here.

9. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

these were the shit, thx

10. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I would have loved to have seen a Alternator show ,but the line needed to be expanded beyond Repaints and Decepticon repaints for a show to be made.