Should Transformers 3 have done Comic Con?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Ash from Carolina, Jul 27, 2010.

?

Should Transformers 3 have done Comic Con?

1. Yes good plan not to do Comic Con.

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  2. No bad plan not to do Comic Con.

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. Not sure or can't make up my mind.

7 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Since I'm a geek for more than just Transformers I've been following the what gained buzz and what lost buzz at Comic Con this year. Some films seem to have won people over and got them talking while other films have a tougher battle ahead of them.

In the contest to win Comic Con buzz some films even stopped shooting for a few days and flew people in almost last minute to build con buzz. The cast from Captain America flew in from shooting in England just to work the con.

So should the production team from Transformers 3 have gone for a Comic Con presence? With a lot of the competition for top summer movie next taking the spot light should Transformers 3 have gone for some of that spot light or was it wiser to just pretty much skip Comic Con?

2. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

It isn't even finished yet and will be in theaters next year. Patience until there is a finished product.

Besides when toy prototypes start showing that when the real scoop starts to appear.

3. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Judging by how much work was being done in Chicago, i doubt for financial reasons they could pause everything down there to send some of the cast up. Also being a 3rd film, there's not much they really need to show the audience to get them interested again. A teaser/trailer later at the end of the year with some completed CGI is going to generate better buzz than a few posters and props.

4. cypherXR

cypherXR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There was no reason for them to be at ComicCon because they would have had little to no info to give us. I rather them take all that time, money and effort and focus on making the third movie the best of the franchise.

5. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    They haven't even finished filming yet, so I don't know what they would show at Comic-Con... But, it would've been good to get some early publicity. It's a shame TF3 won't be able to go to Comic-Con next year.

6. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay's 'too cool' for Comic-con. He still seems moreso like the guy in high school who just wanted the fast cars and girls.

I don't recall him going to CC when the first film came out. As well, he's embroiled in major principal photography

7. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

On one hand it would be strange for TF3 to go to CC mostly because they're still trying to keep a vast majority of spoilers secret. Being there would awkwardly put them in the position of having to expose material that is currently classified, or just stand around looking like a bunch of jackasses. However, with a carefully reviewed list of talking points, I don't see how it could have done much harm.

8. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    to early in production to show stuff off at comic con.

9. Slagfan

Slagfan Active Member

We're already talking about the movie. I'd say they don't need to go and generate any buzz they haven't already started.

10. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I don't see a need. People are well aware of the Transformers movies now and considering that RotF destroyed the box office there really isn't a large amount of debate (at least in terms of estimated sales) as to how well the third one will do.

It was probably a good move on Hasbro's part to hype TF: Prime as hard as possible since it is their attempt to get everyone back on the same page.

It's also a blessing of sorts because I bet if they had gone full blown TF3 with it then there would be even more bitching about how "the movie train never stops rolling" and "Hasbro doesn't care about the older fans anymore".

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Interrupting a big shoot on a set with a lot of debris and set pieces sitting around just so they can come to San Diego and say "We can't show you or tell you anything yet, but trust us when we say it's going to be AWESOME!"

Yeah, I don't blame them either