should this piss me off?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by geerave, Sep 4, 2007.

1. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

i live in an apartment complex, and have two big flower beds outside of my townhouse. the groundskeepers do not do anything with them and it my job to plant flowers or whatever IF I WANT! i did not do anything with them this year because i was busy, and the weeds that grew in them looked kinda neat anyways (in their own way). anyways the people next door came over and ripped them out without even asking me! am i right to be pissed about this?

2. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I'd be sorta pissed, ya. I'd ask them why they did it and advise them that it is your flowerbed and not a communial one. It's possible they thought it was for the complex, didnt like the weeds, and decided to clean it up.

3. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    If you weren't taking care of them and weeds were growing your neighbours may have not liked the look and thought that they were doing you a favour.

4. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Your weeds were probably spreading to their gardens. That is not very considerate of you.

5. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

They probably wanted to smoke it.

Oh, wait, weeds.

6. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

^^

7. kasper0v

kasper0v Well-Known Member

yeah, unless you're talking about the sweetleaf, WFT? They're weeds. They WERE doing you a favor, whether they they intended to, or not. It's like complaining that your neighbors stepped on all those delightful cockroaches you liked looking at.

8. cambaprecoz

cambaprecoz Well-Known Member

well, make them eat the weeds and laff.

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Well, you have to remember that when living in an apartment complex, boundaries become fuzzy. I remember on more than one occassion finding vomit on my car door, having peoples trash spill outside our doorway and what not. Unless you fence things or tie them to your area, people will do what ever they want. I had someone clean our bar-b-que pit once. It had been moved, cleaned and covered but it was still right next to our door.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Was it your flower bed? You said you lived in a townhome, but in an apartment complex. Not sure how you do it there, but here, most anything you rent except for a house doesn't include the planting areas outside.

'Sides, 'stead of asking us, why don't you ask them what the deal is? They're your neighbors, having an agreement that everyone's happy with is probably the best answer.

11. Greyryder

Greyryder Kitbashed

I'd screw with them. Tell them they were very expensive exotic plants, that you had to pay a lot of extra fees just to be allowed to import.

But, I'm kind of weird like that.

12. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

when you put it that way....i guess im not mad. but the flower beds where added to my townhouse (not by me) so i guess i just think of them as mine. im just being a "guy" about it.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Go yank the tree out of their yard. The roots were coming into your soil

14. b_ack51

b_ack51 I'm on the interweb!

Exactly. If you live in a condo, townhouse, apartment complex, neighborhood, etc you gotta think of your neighbors. Also there might be a homeowners association that has rules against how tall your grass can be, how tall weeds can be, how tall the fence can be, only wood fences, only brown stained mailboxes.

They were just being nice and doing work you were too lazy to do in the first place.

15. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    In the desert, some of our most beautiful plants are parasitic plants like weeds. Despite their nature to irritate allergies some of our weeds can be quite beautiful, but not all appreciate their beauty.

The neighbors likely didn't understand that you appreciated the weeds and how they looked and thought they were doing you a favor. I'd ask them in a polite way to let you know if they have a problem with what you've planted or have growing before arbitrarily removing them.

16. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    lol

you got into one o those dealies where the neighbours tree roots were encroaching your lawn was it? gotta love neighbour feuds. my neighbours cat keeps crapping in our yards and sleeping on mah car. one of these days ill get that lil bastard.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I'll go Craig T Nelson on them with the tv remote

18. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I know how.

Lay a rubber or insulating mat over the hood and top of your car. Put some chicken wire over it and hook up a car battery to the chicken wire.

What?

19. adam-x

adam-x megazord activate,,

I'd be pissed, and would put my armor on, walk to their door and tell them to prepair for battle!

20. Otispq

Otispq Elocution Onymous

News Credits:
    Get some gas, pour it on their garden box and light em up!
    ...or just maybe not.