Should they stay of should they go?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by HeroicC300, Jun 6, 2011.

1. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I'm selling off a lot of my TF collection (Gonna reboot using Prime), so, should I sell off my Animated and Cybertron toys?

And should be able to scrounge up 100% of it all, including all of the cyber keys (Red Alert's dead since I used him for a custom and then he broke. Also, I lost an Armorhide to a bad leg)

The only Animated figure who is broken is Swindle, who had a bad shoulder joint.

Should they stay or should they go?

2. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

How about telling us your reasons for wanting to sell and not wanting to sell? In the end, it all boils down to what you want to do. Do you like the toys? Do you hate them? Do you need the money? Will you regret selling them? Those are all questions you should be asking yourself.

3. Excelsior Prime

Excelsior Prime Autobot Leader

I agree with Brainchild; why the "reboot?" (Interesting way of looking at things, though I can understand it saves on space/money)

4. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    The original intent was to sell off my RiD, Armada, and Energon figs to raise $130 for two PS3 games and Empire at War.

However, looking at my collection, I think that rounding up it all and selling it would be a better idea; restart with Prime and DOTM and also free up space in my family's house. Also, I'm shifting gears from Transformers to Matchbox and Hot Wheels to storyboard fanfic scenes and to use as basis' for fanart. Effectively, I'm not leaving transformers, but I'm shifting to having less Plastic crack.

Even if I'm gonna try and get eigt crankcases (if you haven't read the Peter David DOTM novel, you won't get why I want eight)

5. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that you need to get rid of the whole collection based on toy line. Every once and a while I tend to prune back my collection to the absolute "must-haves" from each toy line. Try saving your top 5 or 10 (or whatever) from each line. That way if you regret getting rid of something later you don't have to start from scratch. Eventually when you go back to revisit the old stuff later, you can feel like you have a nice little museum-sized display from each line.

6. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I might sound like a broken record, but if you have the itch to sell them, sell them. I sold 90% of my collection and I don't regret it at all. I kept a few, but it's nice to free up that space and not have boxes and boxes cluttering up your space.

7. Ceric Neesh

Ceric Neesh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As Bag said, I'd go through and get rid of most, but not all of them. Even if I get rid of nearly all my Transformers figures, there's some I'm keeping, as I'll probably never escape the fandom, and some of the figures I have are just made of too much awesome to get rid of. (Sidearm Sideswipe, HFTD Voyager Optimus, the entire HA line, ROTF Arcee)

8. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    uh-oh. :banghead: 

I wouldn't sell off ALL of your figures. What you could do is prioritize; save the best/iconic figures from each line as representations and sell the rest.
    like, if you have RiD Prime and Ultra Magnus, keep them and sell off, say, your RiD Brothers.

I think if you keep maybe 4-5 from each line that you actually love, you won't suffer from any kind of second thoughts kind of guilt later. at any rate, good luck on your projects.

9. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Yeah, I'd be careful about selling your stuff. I had a collection that once boasted over 735 figures which was inclusive of the complete RID, Armada, Energon, Cybertron, Masterpiece and Alternator lines. I had to sell them due to my x-wife being unemployed while we were married and then due to our divorce. I'm regretting having let go of Energon Megs, Cybertron Prime, RID Magnus & Prime, Cybertron Metroplex just to name a few. I only have my Classics, Machine Wars and G1 collection left totally about 200 figures. Yeah , I had to sell 535 figures. OUCH!!!

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Keep only the great figures atleast,

You'll regret selling them down the road.

11. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Thanks for the tips. I have a spare RiD Magnus, so he'll go. I'm also going to get rid of my BM duplicate molds. I've put up my Energon Combaticons on Ebay, and will do the same with my two Energon Aerialbots when I find all the accessories to one.

I also will be putting up a rubber tire Ultra Magnus with Ironhide when I find all the parts. Just missing one of the missiles, armor fist, and the rifle. I'm also putting up my movie autobot and decepticons cars (with Brimstone, Dirt Boss and Deadlift AKA Spoons), but keeping my leader starscream. I'll probably sell a few of my Cybertron figs, but I'm unsure of which. Definitely Overhaul, Scattorshot, Brushguard, Backstop, and Overbite/Whoever the green dino is.

12. HeroicC300

News Credits:
    Oh, next lots being put up are all 3 G1 insecticons (Worn and well played with, but not broken!) and two of the G1 terrorcons, 100% complete (limbs) and in great condition since I never really played with them.

BTW Gonna sell my Plastic Tire magnus since my dad owns the rubber tire one. Not angering him.

13. HulksmashU

HulksmashU Multiversal-Conqueror

Take this as advice. DONT SELL UNICRON AND PRIMUS!! i'm telling you DONT do it! if you like them as much as i do, oyu will grealty regret it down hte road (oh god how i regreted selling Unicron years ago...actauly getting rid of him was without my knowledge but i wanted him back so badly and i finaly got him back) if you have hte space at least, keep them and keep them in good condition unless you realy think they eat up too much space and you just CANT seem to find a place to put them. those 2 are "sacred" transformers so to speak...

toywise G1 prime joins them though.....

14. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I'd suggest picking your favorites from each line or your whole collection and keep those. Any others that you still think you wouldnt miss in the future, go ahead and sell. That's just my opinion.