Should they Remake a new BEAST WARS

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SkiZoR, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkiZoR

SkiZoR Active Member

i would like to see a new and improved beast wars with more characters , more stories and kick ass graphics

2. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that my friend, is impossible :) 

3. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    ^ Thread won.

4. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fuck yes!!!

5. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    From a purely practical standpoint, it's hard for me to imagine why Hasbro would want to do so.

From a more fannish standpoint, a "new" Beast Wars could possibly be the worst thing that could be done. We've already gotten a great show. Trying to replicate that show's success would most likely end in failure, causing many to think that "Beast Wars," itself, is a failed concept (as opposed to the reinvented version).

6. Sunstorm9119

Sunstorm9119 RC 1136

Ebay:
    I don't see any place other than the animation where there is room for improvement. Sometimes it's better to leave it as it is, rather than making changes just because you can...( Greedo did NOT shoot first!!!!!!! You hear me Lucas!!!!!!!!)

7. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    No. Beast Wars doesn't NEED a remake. It was awesomeness by itself, with great story, great characterization, and perhaps some of the most shocking moments in Transformers history.

8. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

I cannot get past the animation of that show. >.<

If people think it's that great, I might have to suffer the way it looks. xP

9. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

I understand a desire to see more of that BW universe. I'd be in favour of some stories relating to that period of the mythos. There's not much about the planets downgrade, that could be looked into. Or a show about Predacon security forces that keep the peace on the Maximal ruled planet forced to hunt each other rather than get outlawed as a faction altogether. That could be cool. Or any other spin, like an Obsidian show.

What Beast Wars and Beast Machines helped to do was create a world we still don't know much about. Throughout its run it gave lots of backstory that could be explored, like ProtoformX, Starbase Rugby, the fate of the G1 characters themselves. There could be Spotlights on any of the characters from the show about their life before the Axalon.

There's no need to new and improve anything as whats there offers a lot to build more upon. There'd be more characters, more story and cgi now looks amazing. But I don't see Hasbro revisiting any of this in their animation. I can only hope the next(if any) BW comic isn't as disappointing.

The only other stories relating to this era I like are Shane Anderson's 'Obsidian's Lament' in the funnies section. And the fanfic written by Dave Van Domelen called 'Tales of the Intermezzo'. If your after more story relating to BW I'd strongly recommend checking them out.

But if you're set on seeing just the BW redone, I'd be against it as it wouldn't be the same. I like Beast Wars an awful lot, but I think it's story has been told and I'd be concerned redoing it would hold back the development of fresher ideas.

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As far as remaking Beast Wars, I wouldn't like that for all of the reasons mentioned above. However, an entirely new Beast-type series would be very interesting.

11. soundwave86

soundwave86 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hell no.

12. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remake Beast Wars? Not necessary.

More Maximals and Preds in TF fiction? Bring it!

13. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    actually, there are two ways they could:

1. Actually produce the unmade "Dark Glass" episode that explained how Dinobot II gained Dinobot I's memories/honor code.
    2. Provided more elaboration on Tarantulas' claim that he's not decended from the Decepticon race.

THEN it would be impossible to improve upon.

14. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It can be called "The Lost Episodes"

15. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

What about if they made a tf series led by primal prime with different characters involved in it?

16. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    that sounds good, as long as buzzsaw, polar claw, razorbeast, and all the other non-show preds and maximals are used

beast wars doesn't need remade, but a new beast wars series i can get behind, as long as it has good writing like animated

17. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

--> This. Once was more than enough.

18. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's not the way it looks, it's the way it moves. :)  There are very few TF shows where robots actually convey emotion through means other than the voice actor's performance.

Regarding the subject at hand, I get edgy whenever the word "remake" gets used, especially when the thing being remade is quite good already. Exploring some different ground would be preferable to me.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Better? O rly?

More characters? So that we could get more conjested plots? The small cast is what made it so perfect. The interaction, relationships and dynamic between all characters was what made them so realistic and enjoyable.

More stories? Again, to what end? Plumping it up for no reason? The main story would be shoved aside. BW was able to get away with one-off stories because, hey it was a cartoon, but trying to remake that would simply not feel natural.

Kick ass graphics is the only thing that could be improved, but aside from the textures and the on/off use of shadows, it was way more expressive and fluid than most CGI shows today. BM had the same aniamtion, only with a more dynamic look thanks to teh inclusion of shadows, and it looked amazing.

And what about the voices? If they re-did it they'd have to recast everyone, or get new VAs, which would destroy the attachment we as fans had with the characters. (same reason I don't want a straight G1 remake)

Beast Wars was pretty much perfect. That's because at the time it didn't try to do anything, it just did. A remake would try and do that, which in doing so would fail.

That's why I don't a BW remake would work, but I'm super hyper right now from eating four waffles and just wanted to type a whole bunch.

That wouldn't be Beast Wars, but it would be interesting. You mean the Universe comics, right?

It'd be cool just to see Primal Prime in a cartoon.

20. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

if it would be a better version of beast wars second and neo i would be all for it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.