Should They Make the Cons Tougher?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Without Megatron these cons are a bunch of tools. I have no idea why Prime's putzing around the base and not finishing them off.

2. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

[​IMG]
    "What do you mean 'you people'?"

3. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Cute. Real cute.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    *sorry if this has already been responded to in the thread, I don't feel like reading through it all*

Ratchet and Megatron themselves mentioned on-screen that the war was catastrophic to the Autobots. "The only way we won the war was by throwing the AllSpark through a random Space Bridge". And hell, we saw how injured Omega was in the flashback in TransWarped after the battle. Megatron respects the sheer power of an Omega after the war, since it appears he wasn't expecting Project Omega (the Lugnut Supremes, OmegaTron Supreme, the entirety of season 3). "The Decepticons didn't leave us much to cheer about".

ON TOPIC:

Come now, the Eradicons have been giving the Autobots a hard time the entire series so far. Arcee and Bumblebee nearly died, Cliffjumper was worn down, Bulkhead had a tough time with just one, and later Optimus was overwhelmed by at least two.

Megatron beat the tar out of Optimus in DR Part 5, and after all he WAS at Ground Zero.

Starscream is too smart to make rash decisions in combat. Soundwave as well, but his JOB is for INTELLIGENCE, NOT combat.

Knock Out can handle his own, except his vanity about his appearance prevents him from doing so. Breakdown whooped Bulkhead solo, and later gave both Bulkhead and Bumblebee a tough time together. Skyquake was a plot device meant to die, to show not only what will happen to those who still follow Megatron, but to show how far Starscream will go for power. Makeshift was just a random redshirt.

5. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I am saying the Eradicons are not usefull when there are no humans to distract the ABots. Look at Dark Rise 2. And Meg, I probably should't have put him in. and too me SW has gone from being the coolest to the lamest. As for Knockout, thats my point he's not even willing to get dirty.

6. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    The decepticons aren't really doing it for me so far. There's no character dynamic there. It's basically Starscream and his drones. Soundwave might as well be a drone, and then Knockout and Breakdown, who seem to come and go as they please.

Starscream need some real characters to interact with. People he can boss around. Starscream could use a lackey. Someone to reinforce his vanity and self-delusion. I think the decepticons also need a heavy. Someone who wants to smash the autobots. Breakdown doesn't really cut it. They also need someone around to eye-roll at Starscream's speeches. Knockout or Black Arachnia could probably fill that role.

We'll see where they're going with it.

7. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Hmm. Yes initially the Autobots did whoop the Eradicons, but at the sight of dozens more, they remembered the point of them being there - finding Cliffjumper. The Autobots weren't worried about the Eradicons, they were worried about Cliffjumper. Not to mention the fact this is the first "team" battle we see of the Autobots (minus Ratchet). They have to shine in the first episode - toys, remember? The Eradicons are probably gonna sell well anyway, seeing as popular their design seems with fans - from what I've seen anyway - and all.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Breakdown is a good smasher I think.

9. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

They're also a troop builder. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people buy multiples.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think they are pretty tough, I thought. Yes, Quake and Makeshift died, but so did Cliffjumper, so The Cons are only up one casualty to the Bots. Plus, I mean, at the end of the day, it's a show for kids, so the bad guys are going to lose at the end. At least to me, it's no different from how the Preds were in Beast Wars

11. Sludge

Sludge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be buying multiples! I'm not usually a "troop builder". But I like the drones in this show.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

When the creative team was talking about the Beast Wars influence it kind of got my hopes up that it would be like that series where some weeks the Maximals won, some weeks the Predicons won, and some weeks it was hard to say who really won if anyone.

It's just starting to feel way too easy for the Autobots now because they seem to clearly win over the Decepticons every episodes they show up in. Since the death of Cliffjumper the only time it felt like the Autobots were really in trouble was with the scraplets.

I'm not saying that we need to kill off some Autobots other than Bumblebee, but it would be nice if there was some episodes where the Autobots didn't win and it felt like the Decepticons got what they were after. The show just feels a little too predictable if Autobots are going to win every week. I just kind of want that excitement of maybe they will not win this week so they are in real trouble again.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    IDK the last two episodes actualy gave the Decepticons some pretty good moments.

They won really hard during the first half of Deus Ex and Breakdown was about to finish Bee if it wasn't for Knock Out's distraction.

But still, I agree, they need to win major episodes!

14. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    This.

15. General Magnus

I really don´t get this obession with having the Decepticons wins. Anybody here rooted for the Nazis in WWII?

16. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    Funny you should ask. Your home nation did.

Estado Novo (Portugal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not that that Godwin baiting has anything to do with this topic. :lol 

17. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I think the principle here is that it makes for better entertainment if it could go either way. It's not so much about rooting for the good guys or the bad guys.

18. General Magnus

I do not subscrbe to the general ******ness of my country. :p 

Point is what´s the fun in rooting for the badguys?

19. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

This is fiction. Also it seems more realistic if the Cons win now and then, and then there is no guarantee the Bots will win every Ep.

20. General Magnus

Dunno, I always thought it´s escapism for some people who wish they could act like that in RL, but they don´t. Kinda like the Empire supporters in the SW fandom who do amazing mental gymnastics to make the Empire "the good guys" and the rebels the "bad guys/terrorists".