Should They Make the Cons Tougher?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Apr 12, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

In TF Prime the Decepticons are worthless (as usual) and are barely a thret.
    .Meg is in Stasis.
    .Scream has never led a mission.
    .SW has done nothing but used those satellites and intercept Coms.
    .The Vehicons can not hold there own unless there is a Human to distracted the ABots.
    .Qake died.
    .Makeshift died.
    .Breakdown is OK.
    .Knockout ran off as soon as Arcee confronted him. He was ok in his first ep when they wanted him to be cool but now he is a coward.

2. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Here's the thing-Knockout isnt a fighter, not really. he seems to prefer to surprise his opponents, like luring them to Breakdown, or sneaking up on Prime with an energon prod. plus he's shown up twice. hard to say he's weak based on that.

And the cons are getting stronger-since the show started, more and more have started to survive episodes. sounds 'stronger' to me!

3. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    -Yes, Megatron is in stasis lock...after being "microns from the detonation point" of an exploding spacebridge. He has a gaping hole in his chest. Plus, there's, like, a 99.9999999999% chance that he'll be brought back to life by some method or another. No need to be tougher.
    -Well, Starscream has led some missions. Quite a few, actually. True, he hasn't seen much action, but that hardly makes him in need of being "tougher". Starscream is also the temporary Decepticon leader ("It is LORD!"), a position that one does not get and keep by being a ninny. Starscream is also responsible for Cliffjumper's death. He isn't a moron. He knows when to stay and fight, and also when doing so isn't the most logical choice.
    -Yes, Soundwave hasn't seen much action, but his main role has been communications, reconnaissance, etc.., much like *gasp* his role requires. He hasn't been involved in battle at all since we've seen him, so there's really no point is saying that he's weak. Again, hardly the grounds to demand that he be tougher.
    -As for the Vehicons, well, seeing as how they are kind of the cannon fodder, I sort of expect them to go down easier than other 'Cons. But still, they disabled Cliffjumper, continually take on the Autobots (if only to be shot down), and KO'd Optimus with a tree.
    -Yes, Skyquake died. But characters dying does NOT make them weak. I can name dozens of Transformers characters (plus other fictional characters, along with real-life people) who have died. That doesn't mean that they need to toughen up. Skyquake was brought back to 'life' after a substantial time locked away. He then proceeded to defy and KO Starscream, and then battle Optimus and 'Bee. He awoke. He fought. He died.
    -You're right, Makeshift died...after having a bomb strapped to his waist detonate. He faked being Wheeljack and fooled a lot of characters, and then proceeded to battle the real Wheeljack. That's kind of tough, in my opinion.
    -Breakdown seems pretty tough to me. A big, strong brawler that can take hits and dish some stuff out too.
    -Knockout also seems adequately tough. He's smart, sly, deceptive. He'll use the element of surprise, and also knows when it's best to retreat. He turned tail because he was wounded, and because Arcee also had several other Autobots to back her up. That's not cowardice. It's intelligence.

Now, when any of these characters stub their toe and fall over into a grave or explode when they see an Autobot, then we can complain. ;)  But I will concede with the point that I'd like to see a little more Decepticon action please. :) 

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 some garbage is okay

News Credits:
    I'm sure if they add Lugnut or Long Haul to their ranks, the Cons will be fine.

5. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I guess the Decepticons need to be shown as more capable war machines. They've got to at least win from time to time.

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In a word: yes.

I miss how tough the Cons were in TFA.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Ugh...Really? One of these again?

Both sides have shown strength and weakness. The Autobots have taken their hits as well as the Decepticons. That's how real battles go down.

Also, guess what? The Decepticons are the bad guys. In the end they're always going to lose! This is a reality that Decepticon fans need to wake up to.

They weren't that tough. The only reason they seems tough at first was because they were going up against Autobots who were not trained warriors. At least not most of them. Prowl was a space ninja.

8. soundwaverulls

I'm just saying maybe they should maybe make the VCons fight in a humanless situation and be as good as they are when there are humans. Also Screamer or Wave could fight once in a while.
    I would think more of Knockout if he took a few hits from bee.

9. TheTFReview

TheTFReview XboxLIVE: kpeek

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Decepticons did kill Cliff Jumper. But I do agree every bit with the OP. There needs to be more Decepticon threat. They've got this giant starship, a huge army, advanced cybertron technology, (with the AB stuck with earth technology). Yet they do nothing with any of it. They send out two drones to take care of an autobot.

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Cons nearly won the Great War. It took Omega Sentinels and space bridges to defeat them.

11. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    I prefer it like it was in G1. Optimus Prime is the baddest mofo and Megatron can't beat him in a fair fight. But the other autobots can get their asses handed to them.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Off-screen doesn't really count, if you wanna roll with that then the Movie Decepticons are pretty good fighters too, when in-movie they die like hell.

13. soundwaverulls

There is no thret there.
    "OH No Cons! what will we do? I know lets send out OP". and Problem solved.

14. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Transformers the movie FTW! That's exactly what happened. :D 

I'm not saying Optimus should be able to wipe out the entire Con army by himself. I just hate the fact that the last few adaptations of Transformers have made Megatron a one man wrecking crew. I liked it when Megatron couldn't beat Prime in a fair fight. It made him cheat and try to be cunning. I thought it made him more interesting. Just my .02

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I donĀ“t. They were too much though. In no way should Bliztwing should be able to take nearly all the autobots at once. Or Lugnut being able to make Bulkehad look like a wuss.

At least Breakdown and Bulkehad are on equal terms and make the fights more interesting.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

All I'm hearing here is that you basically want to be personally pandered to.

Nearly isn't good enough. They still lost.

This is just one of those stupid fan arguments that will continue to go on endlessly.

Optimus takes some hits in previous episodes, so suddenly he's weak and worthless.
    Decepticons take some hits, now Optimus is too powerfull, and suddenly they're weak and worthless.

It's just going to keep going back and forth with you people, isn't it?

17. Honorbound

Honorbound The Reclusive Semi-Lurker

Pretty much.

18. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

no, i like the cons being weak, lets keep megatron in stasis :D 

19. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I think the Cons are getting tougher, but i would like some episode where the Decepticons win so far Armada is the only series to have it happen.

20. soundwaverulls

while that part was not in reply to me, I started this thread you'r disagreeing with and I will ad that I never said Prime was weak. He was distracted. which is my point. When the Autobots weren't distracted in ep 2 they just ran through the VCons like they were killing trees or something.