Should they make another G1 game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by MaxLinden, Jun 24, 2010.

?

Should they make another G1 game?

1. Yes!

63 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. No!

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Since they leave at the point where G1 takes over, why not make G1 in to a game and call it "Transformers G1" and make the best episodes in to levels.... Maybe ask the fans what like 20 episodes they should make in to levels.... And even get up to the final battle between Optimus and Megatron.

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

This game wasn't a G1 game, its a prequel of sorts but it helps explain how everyone came to be what they are, more of a back story.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the next one, its still cybertron based but at the end we see the ark blast off,

3. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Nothing else is going to sell. No other incarnation of the series is worth investing that kind of effort into, because as far as the game makers and Hasbro are concerned, they won't get a decent enough return on it moneywise. Beast Wars may thrill a handful of people, but it won't sell. The same can be said of A/E/C, Animated, etc.

However, there is a wealth of G1 based comic storylines that would make great subject matter for future sequels.

4. Jazzmatic Prime

Jazzmatic Prime Background Bot

As cool as a sequel sounds, i think they should make a prequel to the prequel. the story never told anything about how the war began or how Megatron knew Optimus before he became prime, or how Megatron rose to power. it was still a good story, better then anything Michael Bay can put out, but it failed when it cam to how the war got started. so i'm hoping for a prequel to WFC. plus if they made a game that took place on earth, the vehicle modes would suck because earth vehicles don't hover. i think a prequel before a G1 or any type of sequel.

5. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The next game will probably still be on Cybertron. However, I could see the fight taking the gamer to earth at the very end.

6. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see another G1 based game, especially since the only other G1 game that I know of in the US is the G1" Awaking game for cell phones, and I lost interest in that one not too long after I got it.

7. Feldon

Feldon Active Member

If you read the first 4 chapters of the Transformers Exodus book on the Hasbro website they begin to get into that. I can't say yet how well they do it in total since I've only had the chance to read the first 4 chapters but they do an ok job laying the groundwork for what you want.

8. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I'd love to see HighNoon take this TF story further, not G1 exactly but a retelling of where they go and how they get to earth. etc.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I want another G1 game, but this time more characters.

Like who's missing from this game in the Ark crew, as well as the wreckers, or other bots like ultra magnus, kup, springer, and blur.

10. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    You mean aside from WFC? Sure, as long as it's as cool as WFC is. Imagine the level of carnage in recognizable Earth environments on the level of what we see in WFC.

11. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

Start the sequel with "hey we need energon and materials for the shuttle to take off". So the first half of the game you are in a more "open world cybertron". Perhaps doing missions for key yet obscure characters and recieving parts or energon as compensation. All the while you could be spending points like the DS WFC, becoming a better shooter... So basically like Fallout3 mixed with WFC. Then head to earth, charr, unicron...or you could have a team stay on Cybertron, and the other go to earth. But I agree that for "THE ARK" to be an ark, you need all the autobots from MTMTE pt1-3. So all Highmoon needs to do is add
    PROWL
    TRAILBREAKER
    BRAWN
    WINDCHARGER
    CLIFFJUMPER
    HOUND
    MIRAGE(why isn't he in WFC...I mean cloaking...HELLLO???)

the list goes on

12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind another Cybertron game, but perhaps taking place in the future, or alternate of Earth. In other words (the events taking place on Cybertron while the main cast is on Earth). They can do whatever the hell they want now. They could give use Transformer stories NOT on Cybertron, or Earth.

13. Thunderchild

Thunderchild Well-Known Member

I think Trasfomers: War for Earth or a simularly titled sequeal with a G1 theme, would probably sell better than War of Cybertron. Obviously many TF fans bought the game, but there plenty of gamers that may or may not be as into the game as we are. But if a G1 game were introduced on this platform... I think fans not typically into games, and gamers that arent die hard fans would be all over it more so then the current game.

14. optimus124

optimus124 PSN ID - OPTIMUS124

Ebay:
    You think we'd get hovering vehicles with mounted machine guns if it were on Earth? I say keep it on Cybertron.

15. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

What they should do is set the sequel in the time between the original g1 series and the movie. Replace the G1 Autobots with Magnus, Rodimus, Arcee, and the Wreckers, and the G1 Decepticons with Shockwave, the Predacons, Mindwipe, Bludgeon, and others. The story would be simple. You know how the beginning of the Animated movie says that the Decepticons have retaken Cybertron? Have the second game show how it actually happened.

16. Wingsbr

Wingsbr Christian TF Fan :)

News Credits:
    Never thought about it, but I really like this as a sequel/follow-up idea.

17. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Without spoiling too much, there's seem to be a lot left to do before the final evacuees leave Cybertron, as per the ending of the game. I think i think we can get ready for the final fight and the journey to get started in the sequel.

18. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    they should do robotmasters type story and drag bots from all generations go to different planets and universes.
    but id love some earthmodes on these wfc designs

19. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Definitely G1. An Earth based game would be awesome.

20. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, they should. But since we know how the Earth part is going to happen, they should make 1-2 more games set on Cybertron before making one where they go to Earth. That way it establishes their own back-story and doesn't just have to re-do the Earth arrival how the cartoons or Marvel comic did it. They can put their own spin on it. Does that make sense? I read this after I wrote it and it sounds like a 7th grader wrote it (I know, cuz I'm a 7th grade teacher)