Should they had kept the Fallen trapped on the Sarcophagus Idea?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Dec 27, 2009.

?

???

1. yes

44.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Im fine on what i saw on the Movie

22.7%
  4. i dont care

10.7%
  5. Maybe

5.3%
  6. they should at least shwoed how he got freed

29.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Oh hush.

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

When the plot for ROTF was still vague early last year, I had assumed that the Fallen was an all-powerful being entombed inside one of the pyramids and that Megatron wanted to resurrect him in the hopes of using him as a weapon against the Autobots. It made more sense than what actually transpired on-screen. But then again, all things sound better in my head.

3. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I liked the idea in the film fine. It was the execution of said idea that I had issues with. The fact that he was powerless at the hands of another Prime was just a loose translation of the Unicron plot from TFTM, so I liked the similarity.

4. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Yeah, I think so.

5. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

yes no doubt the way they went was terrible!!!

6. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    KEEP? He was never in a sarcophagus.

IDW people are just ******ed and thought that the communicator triangle was something else other than a triangle that communicates.

7. Ace Convoy

Ace Convoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...I don't care

the way they exclaimed was was ok...but him contacting the humans was kinda stupid.

I mean he was gonna destroy earth anyway why tell people he was gonna go easy on em if they gave him sam

8. Mowry

Mowry Member

You're right. I'm here drooling all over my keyboard at the moment, too.

So you're saying that Hasbro is "******ed" for approving that idea as well, right? It was a lot of work putting out those titles in that time frame by the team on the book, the IDW staff, and the staff at Hasbro. And most of the stuff that we had questions on, nobody knew the answers to. Ever wonder why the Arcee book JUST came out? Yeah, we had to see the movie before finding out what happened and try to make a story out of it.

The reason he was in that thing is because yeah, it was a misinterpretation on MY part. Or you could just say it was one more detail just glanced over in that script, too. And why is it that the script was pretty much exactly what appeared on the screen, except for this scene? Not a lot changed I'm afraid. Oh, but this scene in question. Why not just have The Fallen appear on a busted down ship just hanging out? You see, he's so damn powerful that he doesn't care about killing the last Prime on Cybertron. He'd rather just hang out and um... wait to go to the planet that he knows the Matrix is on? I mean, did we ever see him leave Earth to begin with? I apologize for throwing such a "******ed" idea out there to try to make some kind of sense, but never once did it say in the script I read about it being a communication device. It simply said something to the effect of "a triangular shape rises from the floor, with pins flowing to form the Decepticon's symbol." Sure Megs talks to it, but there you have it.

So yeah, I'm ******ed. Amazing that this "******" was able to hack his way through 8 issues of plot holes and missing details in a script that three people are credited for writing. My "bad fanfic" probably could have been avoided then.

And honestly, do you use that word "******" a lot? Have you worked with challenged or disabled people before? Know any personally? Judging by your use of the word, probably not. Do me a favor then... next time mom takes you to the toy store, ask her to take you to your local Children's Hospital so you can see just how lucky you are.

Tool.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  9. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    but still it was last minute removal without telling to idw, nor telling to idw that it was not relic,

I DO STILL CONSIDER THE COMICS CANON TO THE COMICS

10. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know Chris, I'd really love for you to remake Defiance with Megatron discovering The Fallen aboard his ship, dying after spending centuries hunting each descendant Prime and dispatching Seekers for the Matrix, as unlikely as it may seem.

11. Mowry

Mowry Member

If I were writing anything more, I probably wouldn't do that because supposedly he had killed all of the Primes on Earth. Also, he knew where the Matrix was, so why not just go back to Earth if they were all dead? I had to find a reason for him being simply "away from the action." Now when the movie came out, there were obvious changes to this that we didn't know about.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

And I edited my previous post based on an inappropriate word I probably should not have used. My apologies to the mods.

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did you remember the script draft used for the novelization and comics that Jetfire said The Fallen hunted down each Prime after his own generation hid the Matrix away, save the one hidden away from him of course (Optimus). However, that'd imply Jetfire was of Megatron's generation of Decepticons and in the film he just figures Optimus is a descendant and oh god brain hurts.

13. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I forgot about that. The book did make is seem like Optimus was ome of the first Primes, thus making him lots older.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    that was an optimus prime ancestor/Look-a-alike

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

Yeah I think it would have been cool. It sounds interesting