should they bring back nemesis prime/scourge/dark/black convoy?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by GENOZAUR, Apr 18, 2009.

1. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

i have been giving this matter quite a bit of thought lately

should they bring back nemesis prime/scourge/dark /black convoy?

and if so how should they portray his character?

i actually think it would be interesting if they were to bring him back as a decepticon created optimus prime clone but with his being portrayed as being in a certain manner of speaking more amoral and less evil and to some degree perhaps even come across as being a bit of the anti hero as well

that is to say that though he was created to be a decepticon clone of optimus prime that fact in and of itself would not mean he would have to exist as a solely evil being

his character would come across as being be explored and portrayed in such a way that 2 things would be made clear over time

1 he wants to learn for himself why exactly optimus is the person he is in life as a living being as well as the reasons as to why he lives by said beliefs and is willing to fight for them

with the other being that the clone though he is himself a living being does not truly know who he himself is as a living being

in short the clone wants to learn the ways of both societies and along the way try to gain a more thorough understanding of itself as a living being

with the clone character eventually deciding which side it would fight for

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    that could make for a rather interesting story

3. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Don't forget there is the Nova Prime angle, of having an ancient Cybertronian - the Prime of his era - assume the black paint job...

4. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    Your idea sounds to me a lot like how the transmetal 2 dinobot story was planned before corporate notes sissified the whole thing.

5. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

What a pretty hairclip.

6. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'd be very interested if a TF series ever presented an Optimus clone like this - having an existential crisis that also in the process fleshes out Optimus as a character. It's far better than any of my concepts on the creation of Nemesis Prime, that is for sure.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really think we can safely leave the "evil Prime" thing alone for a little while.

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I should have clarified that I would like to see the Nova Prime angle developed in another medium...

...or, perhaps, see one of the 'Prime'-esque Maximal commanders of the Beast Era be the template for Nemesis (um, again).

9. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    As long as they don't call him "Nemesis Prime", go for it.

10. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I always figured the perfect name for an Evil Prime in the US/EU would be Convoy since its fan wank and it connects Optimus Prime and the name Decpeticon

I like your story and I think its the most logical way to handle it. Kinda reminds me of Alt/BT nemesis prime but made by the cons

11. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Yeah....the name "Nemesis Prime" pretty much describes Optimus Prime's polar opposite. So for the idea proposed it really wouldn't work.

But I would like to see an character developed that way. An "inbetweener" would provide an interesting dynamic of "gray".

12. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I'm surprised the whole Nemesis Prime idea has never been folded in with the "dead Black Prime" idea.... that is, the way Prime turned black and grey when he died in the '86 film.

It seems so efficient; have Prime die, turn black, then get resurrected later in a new and improved body. Meanwhile, his old corpse gets repaired, maybe even upgraded, and imbued with a Decepticon spark, but it retains its black color scheme. Voila.... Nemesis Prime.

EDIT: Oh, and I agree with Reflector Unit below; I'd rather have Motormaster, the original black Transformers semi. Actually, those two characters could be somewhat mushed together as well.

13. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

I'd rather they bring back Motormaster :2c: 

14. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've never seen Motor Master as any sort of evil prime and frankly with that logic Swindle is nemesis hound.

15. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's a bit more to it than that - Motormaster's original profile points out that he really wants to face off against Prime to become "king of the road". So there's genuinely something there that could be built upon. You could do some nifty stuff with that to create a "black truck Prime rival" without him just being another evil clone type like most of the Nemsis Primes and Black Convoys out there.

Huh, hadn't really thought of this before, to be honest... they should DO that...

16. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I think that if OP and NP were actually polar opposite twins and led the respective Autobots and Decepticons (NP having ursurped Megatron, like at the end of established Alternator fiction when Nemesis succeds Megatron as Decepticon leader), that would be an interesting series, with both leaders being able to know what the other was thinking and culimating in an epic battle between the two where one of the twins must die by the other twin's hand.

17. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    It might be interesting to have the movieverse Optimus die and be succeeded by another character only for a Decepticon-controlled "fake Prime" or the reactivated corpse of Optimus appear and retake command. Sort of like te Quintessons did in G1 season three.

18. Reflector Unit

Reflector Unit Cameracon

1) He shares the same altmode as Prime
    2) He has a personal hatred of Prime because he wants to be "King of the Road" himself, and assert a supiority over him
    3) He is not just repaint Optimus

That is why I would rather see him than a lazy-ass "Evil Twin."

19. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I also would like to see Motormaster brought back in this role - even though I'm fairly sure he'd have to be called Menasor now. Actually, the whole thing about Menasor hearing voices could also play into the character - our evil Prime hears voices, representing the Prime component of him urging him to good, and the Decepticon programming urging him to destroy. Leaving Menasor / Motormaster completely unstable and unable to ever truly be certain if he is on the right path.

See, this is something that could come out of the Shattered Glass universe, very easily. Rodimus finally kills Optimus, 1986 movie style, dumps the inanimate carcass in space, where Unicron finds it, and remakes him. Voila! Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime. (More technically, Galva-Optimus Prime, but you get the idea). There's even the right mold in the right colours for the job - though the aborted Japanese exclusive would have been the best fit.

20. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Maybe - and there could be an upgrade for Rodimus to Prime-dom, too...

...so Unicron can see which potential Herald would prevail.

Or, here's one - the Omega Terminus finds out about the Unicron-summoned Nemesis, and upgrades Rodimus to RP as a counter-measure.