Should they add a MP block list?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Grimlockimus, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Should they have that feature in the game? With all of the glitchers and whining players in WFC, should we be given the option to exclude ourselves from games featuring certain players?

Just a thought I had after 3 games in a row with glitch players, who I regrettably need to fight over and over. :rolleyes2 

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    PSN already has a Block List...

But they should get banned from the game if 300 total people block them.

3. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:

Yeah, I know about the block list, but from what I could tell it's only for messages, not the game itself.

I wouldn't get annoying messages, but the glitchers would still be in my games.

4. WingedWeasel

WingedWeasel Well-Known Member

XBL has the thumbs down mechanic as well which decreases the chance of running up against a person.

As for he second part, that just invites abuse. Think about every clownboat who has sent you hatemail or talked trash in game. Now what if they had the means of locking you out of playing simply because they wanted to be spiteful? It'd be great if HMS, MS, Sony, of whoever had infinite resources to police what complaints are legit or not but I wouldn't expect that of them.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    the PS3 ain't the only console ya know

Xbox only has mute and report. so i say this game needs to make it where the lobby can vote to either keep the a-hole/baby, or boot 'em.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Or they could do something similar to what Capcom did with MVC3, which was to lessen the chance of rage quiters being able to find games. But instead of rage quiters it would be cheaters. Eventually after a long period of time they'd either have to find a way around it or stop hacking altogether.

7. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Heck, that or I've even heard on Xbox that if you cheat using an illegal program on do something to tamper with your Xbox, they'll just ban you from Xbox live indefinitely.

Glitchers should have something similar to that, have the system detect illegal ability combos and lock that player out of Multiplayer.

And I just know there will be people who will buy FOC on day one, and try to find that miracle glitch for themselves to give them an edge.

8. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Well what would you say if you had no knowledge of any other consoles and where expected to know XBL has no block?

9. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    thou hath a point

10. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I think it's for games too. I'm trying to get the platinum trophy and one of the last trophies I need is to finish a competitive co-op game. So I joined a game a few days ago and the other guy was sitting there, away. Forcing me to wait to spawn until he died. So I left and tried again. Got the same game 6 times. Finally, I added him to my block list and I was put into a different lobby.

11. silverbolt00

silverbolt00 Autobot

News Credits:
    It's certainly a good idea but making it so that it couldn't be abused is another thing .... there's far too many douchebags that come into games simply to piss around or mess thing's up for others rather than just being in the game/s to enjoy it.

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    XBL has an avoid player option. You can even state why you want them to be avoided.

I've done it to a few Halo: Reach players; 2 or 3.

However, I've by far muted more players than avoided.

13. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is a problem for any online game really. Consoles sort of handle that through their own avoid player features. PC's typically have dedicated servers so you can grow your own community with admins to keep unwanted folks out of your game. This being a port though I doubt that they will implement anything other than the console Peer 2 Peer matching.

14. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Yes.

15. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

No, we should be given the option to exclude THEM from OUR games.

The way I'd implement a feature is simple - if a hacker attempts to join a lobby where there are 3 or more players present who have blocked them, they will immediately be kicked.

16. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    No, because there should be no reason to block them, it's unfair if you block them just because they are to good for you. It can only lead to it being abused.

If you believe this would be a good idea to stop glitchers then your an idiot, it won't happen, simply because glitching comes about from a flaw in the design of the game.

There would be no need for a blocking list other than to stop cheaters, but you can only cheat if the games flawed. So they need to make the game flawed for a blocking list to work as intended.

Why bother making a blocking list if they could just eradicate the glitches the cheaters are using to their advantage.

17. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Okay, how about this.

If a player gets reported enough, they get put on a "Test list", where officials play with them to see what they do, and if they glitch, ban, if they don't, they're clean.

18. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    That would be to time consuming and it wouldn't work for a lot of reasons.

I do not support a block list.

I do however support a report option, with a number of options such as, cheating, abusive language, etc. Then if somebody gets reported a certain number of times in a certain time limit then they would receive a warning. If it happens again they are given a temporary ban from online features.

If it continues to happen they will keep being temporary banned but never permanently banned.

If somebody reports a high number of people in a short time span then he may receive a temporary ban for misusing the report system.

19. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    I feel that a block list would be abused a whole lot. Say your getting the high score in a game (no hacking what so ever) and someone just blocks you out because they were angry. I will stick with the report feature.

20. An Army of Bees

An Army of Bees WTF@TFW Podcast Editor Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    A block list and such is unfeasible at best.

Honestly, just do what several people have said in this thread and use the systems that the consoles themselves have set up. The "Avoid This Player" option has never let me down yet on Xbox Live, however it's not a sure thing.