Should There Be Transformers Part of No Faction?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jerky123, Nov 29, 2009.

?

Should there be TF's with no faction?

1. Yes

54.7%
  2. No

26.4%
  3. Does it really matter?

18.9%
  1. jerky123

jerky123 PSN=deadpoolistheman

News Credits:
    I was just thinking, should there be transformers that are niether Autobot or Decepticon?

2. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    No.

3. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Why not? A neutral character coming to Earth to take shelter from the war, but not get involved, would be an interesting story twist. Especially if the plot takes the bleak view that the whole race is at war and the guy is forced to fight regardless.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I love this idea!!!

5. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Isn't Lockdown in the middle?

6. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It could add a nice twist to make them more than just Autobots and Decepticons slugging it out. Does seem a bit odd for an entire species to have broken into just two factions.

Might be more interesting though if the Autobots and Decepticons were not united factions. The idea of some sort of Decepticon civil war sounded interesting but how interesting would it be if a faction of Autobots arrived who didn't follow Prime and his view of humans were to show up to throw a money wrench into things.

Imagine how interesting it would be if the Autobots had to face two different factions of Decepticons or if another group of Autobots hurt the relationship between Prime and the US government.

7. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I said yes. They are often very interesting characters. Lockdown was "Neutral", but he fought for the Decepticons most of the time, so he doesn't really count. Spies don't count since they work for the opposite faction they are spying on. A neutral character to me is someone who fights for no side, or fights for both evenly.

8. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    id say yea, because as most have stated thus far, there should be more factions amongst a full planet of those who are in a civil war. I like were the Dreamwave war within series was going, and where the 3rd devils due x-over went with the un-united factions of decepticons, and how grimlock in the comics didnt like how Prime protected the humans. so I think that seeing that in the movie would be a great plot twist.

9. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

dude, beachcomber! except for him being an autobot and stuff, but the angle definately isn't a new one. skyfire too, and possibly even sixshot if you put a slightly different spin on their not being political. (edit. sixshot, not sixgun, that would be silly.)

which isn't to say some neutral TFs wouldn't be an interesting sideline, just that how these things shake down they'd eventually either vanish off into space, die, or pick a side.

10. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    I'm not against the idea at all, but only if it fits within the broader story they're trying to tell. We only get so much time for bot characterisation in these films and I wouldn't want it to take away from what's important.

But it's the sort of thing that would be worth exploring in more depth in the comics.

I also like the idea of factionalism within the Autobots and Decepticons. Like you could have a group of Decepticons who have certain moral objections to tactics Megatron uses and a group of 'Autobots' who want to destroy the Decepticons but think Optimus is too much of a liberal for valuing human life and stuff.

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    I have always felt that regardless of the series or movie that there would always be those Transformers who were civilians who either did not want to fight or couldn't for one reason or another, in the movieverse its like most of those were either killed when Cybertron died and those that could fled to avoid the fighting and are in hiding else where in the universe.

12. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    Civilians, refugees etc. But what's their relevance in the conflict, how do they drive the story forward?

You could have a scientist character who is sought after by the Decepticons for their expertise.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Movieverse Doubledealer, please. :p 

14. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    transformers with no factions= space stellar shotgun targets....

15. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I was thinking the same thing. Not much interest in a peace-bot. Plus if there was a non faction TF why would they be on earth? If you don't fight, why go to where the war is?

16. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    It wouldn't bother me if there were.

17. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think that there has to be a neutral faction character, but if it would be interesting and suit the story I'm all for it.

18. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Neutrals? Sure! This could give a great perspective to the conflict, it doesn0t have to be all white or black, present some gray.

Civilians? Sure! Maybe not all cybertronians are giant killing machines, maybe there are some defenseless robots who can't fight against the soldiers of each side.

19. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    You would have to create reasons for it to work. Maybe if Unicron is in TF3, civilians will flee Cybertron. That might be a flimsy rationale. Or they could do an angle where Megatron has imprisoned various civilians. Of course that raises more questions.

But I welcome anything that would bring more depth to the storyline.
    Could be interesting.

20. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I have no preference.