Should There be se

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megapork, Dec 3, 2011.

1. megapork

megapork Cheese

Should There be sequels

Ive been looking through the movie forum for awhile. I have noticed one thing,
    A significant number of people want SEQUELS but only if it does a certain thing right ( On another note, There is also a minority against sequels and voting for a reboot. And then there are those who dont want another film at all). Do we really need sequels? Do we need a reboot? Should hasbro stop this gravy train? Firstly, We all have to admit that all three movies were flawed, ROTF more than the others. But is that really a basis to judge something that hasnt even begun production. For all we know a sequel could be better or worse and the same for a reboot. We cant be sure until then. Secondly, The point of the movies is not to benefit humanity, IT IS TO SQUEZE A PROFIT, though it did open a new universe of entertainment for some. And Thirdly, DOTM was intended to be the last of the films. In DOTM they kill off all Major decepticon, Everyone of the cons who the average moviegoer would recognize. That opens up quite a lot of problems, One of these is that the average moviegoer has a short attention span. They dont have time for mind numbing
    emotional drama or introduction to characters they dont know or care about. This is one of the reasons why decepticons have so little screentime or development, Theyre the badguys and such should just be stopped. This is one of the things that contributed to the sucess of the film series but
    if they use the same exact formula they have been using for the last few films, Audiences could feel like theyre watching the same film AGAIN. But if they go with a reboot, The new style could end up being it's downfall as a flop. So why bother with a sequel or a reboot, Why not wait out the drying out of their venture with transformers prime then start with the movies again?

EDIT: apologies for the lack of coherant thought.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
  2. arceelover13

arceelover13 Well-Known Member

yes and.......

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    your point?

4. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

He's asking if we want sequels. And I say no.

5. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Fixed.:) 

6. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    ah,okay.

I want it if there's a new director

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Of course people are only going to want a sequel to something they like. Why would they want more of a thing they didn't enjoy? Granted, a sequel CAN improve on the previous film, but often it's more of the same at it's core.

8. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

It's the little things :lolol 

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Only if they're good films.