Should There Be Another DOTM Toy Class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Mar 17, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I was thinking, with the lower quuality and less movie arcuracy of the DOTM toys, there should be another toy class.
    Something like Scale or something. that has Movie acurate transformers toys of ROTF standards and also to scale.

I know there is Masterpeice but that is too slow at producing toys and they are only in one size class and are too expensive. Also it is shared with G1 and the only movie toys it has made so far are redeco's of other toys.

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    To be frank here, the toys of the new characters, like Sentinel, Shockwave, and the wreckers seem to be good enough in regards to accuracy/complexity. By all accounts of those with the toys in hand, the "lower quality" toys has pretty much been restricted to characters that have gotten amazing ones already.

Honestly, if we were to have another size class, I'd like it to be 1) Human Alliance Plus, for stuff like Ironhide and Ratchet, or 2) the return of ultra, so we can get a new Ratchet properly scaled with leaders Prime and Ironhide.

3. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    The DOTM toys will get better with later waves, just like the TFTM and ROTF lines.

I don't think another size class is necessary, but similarly to what's suggested above I do think the "original" HA line should be expanded upon.

4. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

God Forbid Hasbro not Sell us the same exact toys we had with the last movie.

5. soundwaverulls

Yeah I want Ultra back too but look at Megatron in the DOTM game and then his Toys. and then look at Ultimate Primes limbs and Shockwaves ribs and ShockW looks too chunky. and ShockW is in voyager along with poor old Meg while BB and Hide get Leaders.

6. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    Tell that to the newly repainted HA Skids and HA 'Stealth' Bumblebee.

Instead of making USFUL HA's like SIdeways and Rampage.

7. soundwaverulls

I also would like more human alliance. It would be Great if Hasbro made all the characters into HA.

8. Sentinel

Sentinel TF Museum Curator Moderator

News Credits:
    Agreed on all counts. I definitely would love to see a bigger class of HA for the larger characters so that like HA Jazz, they can finally get the awe inspiring justice that they deserve.

9. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    DOTM should redo Robot Replica and make them crisper and more accurate versus the "gummy" look they had in the last two lines.

10. rattimus prime

rattimus prime Scout Class Prime

ah but those be repaints, most people are speaking of the "inferior" Prime mold, they would rather see a straight Repackage of Rotf prime or the newer voyager one.
    And what Human did Sideways interact with?, Rampage yes he captured sams parents so they could do one of him but really, they only did Barricade cause he had Frenzy, which is they same reason they are doing Soundwave, cause he has Laserbeak, Sideways interacted with no humans.

11. TheRubberbandit

TheRubberbandit Banned

Sentinel Shockwave and Megatron seem to good quality toys, but figures like voyager optimus....who cares the rotf leader is just so good i don't mind if there is no more leader primes(same goes for starscream) :) 

12. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i agree with you. especially the return of Ultra Class.

13. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    1)DOTM game is a prequel to the movie.it was said that Megatron will be both :cybertronian tank and a truck. We didn't really get a chance to see his tank mode properly

2)Have you seen how Shockwave looks in the film already?yea,we saw 2 seconds of him from a game trailer ,but he wasn't that different than his toy(apart from colors) ,imo

3)Hasbro's stated that leader villains don't sell well.

yeah,I agree.

14. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    HA stalled and spluttered a little.

The cheaper toys are designed to pull people in through a lower price point.

If sales of the larger ones pick up after that, they may turn out bigger ones than before.

Not shipping BB for seven straight waves in two case toys might help too.

15. Brenttoo

Brenttoo Well-Known Member

YES, YES, and more YES. Personally, I think the quality of the movie lines in general have been pretty impressive, but this one line in particular has always frustrated me because of the scale. I raised this issue years ago on the boards and the general response was that it wasn't practical physcially or business-wise to make a transformers line with characters in scale to one another, which is obvious, but still frustrating.

But since this line reflects the real world where the designers were careful to keep details of scale accurate, it makes sense this line would exclusively lend itself to a scale-based line, especially since all the classes exist to do so correctly. Just from the first movie...

Blackout - Ultimate
    Starscream- Supreme (not too big)
    Megatron - Leader (BIG)
    Brawl - Leader (actually done correctly)
    Bonecrusher - Leader
    Barricade - Deluxe (also done correctly)

Most of the autobots were closer to correct scale, being smaller wheeled vehicles as opposed to large military ones. ROTF leader Optimus is arguably perfect, as is deluxe Bumblebee and Jazz, but Ratchet's voyager could have been a much smaller mold while still a voyager. And Ironhide's voyager was much too small while his new leader is a bit too big, which is where classes like ultra would fit appropriately.

And yes, I know this would NEVER be seen on shelves because kids' parents wouldn't shell out $40+ each for half the Dcons. But for me, scale would fix my one single issue with the line.

16. LeTigre

LeTigre Meat popsicle

That doesn't mean they couldn't pair Sideways with Alice for the purposes of a toy; they stuck a Sideswipe repaint Mikaela when their paths never crossed. Hell, they brought Jazz back from the dead to pair him with Lennox.

17. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Scale class? Honestly?

18. Brenttoo

Brenttoo Well-Known Member

Yeah. Scale class. Honestly. What?

19. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    No, just stop making crappier and smaller versions. Seems like the DELUXE Battle Blades Bumblebee is bigger than the new VOYAGER figures.

20. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:

There is such an abysmal failure of logic, continuity, here that i hope for your sake that you are not being serious.