Should there be a sequel to FOC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by OmegaPrime22, Oct 7, 2012.

?

Should there be a sequel to FOC?

Poll closed Oct 17, 2012.
  1. Yes

52 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ending while a bit sudden does work. I dont think there is much more that can be done with this version of transformers. Thoughts?

2. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Yes, definitely, definitely, definitely, definitely, YES. YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.

With all our feedback, it would definitely dominate. They know they should have the color slider, they know they should have more parts, they know we should get more abilities, etc.

3. scorpio-prime

scorpio-prime Dreamer with fists

I do want to see an FOC sequel, but they really need to better approach the multiplayer this time - stripping it down so badly took away alot of the fun that made WFCs multiplayer so enduring.

4. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    Ofcourse there must be a sequel to this awesome game.

5. Autobot Adam

Autobot Adam Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why not? The ending was set up for another game.

6. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    Yes. yes. yes... and, oh, yes.

they've had a lot of issues as far as the core gameplay of FOC's multiplayer mode.

They wanted to achieve balance so the result became a dumbed down, less than enjoyable, less fun MP experience.

just like one of the poster mentioned earlier, if HMS could get their act together, take the best elements of WFC (all the robot and alt-mode weapons and abilities) and FOC (aggressive elimination of hackers, cheaters, and glitchers; host migration; improved graphics; improved maps; customized characters; new weapons), plus hopefully some more (a wider array of choices for customization options to create your own Transformers as far as optic colors, face forms, etc.; color slider for customized character colors; playable combiners in MP; make reaching Prime mode MEAN something as in maybe choose some unique and special abilities for your character's class; addition of female Cybertronians; return of co=op, for example) and KNOW how to deliver an enjoyable MP experience, THEN YES Bring on the sequel.

7. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Do not agree.

I find FOC more fun than WFC in every way.

8. scorpio-prime

That basically.

With regards to female Transformers, I can't see it be especially hard to do, even in multiplayer - restrict torsos to class like you would the others, perhaps add a Strika armour set so you get

Infiltrator - Arcee
    Titan - Strika
    Scientist - Slipstream

The Strika torso can use the same Titan limbs as males due to her size, and enlarged versions of Arcee and Slipstreams heads - those two on the other hand can swap limbs between each other, though this won't give a HUGE number of options when creating female Transformers it at least allows them to be included, and you could always throw in Elita-1 and Blackarachnia armour sets for extra variety.

9. Jetcracker54

Jetcracker54 Fire Truck

not unless they return the things they didnt put in foc that were in wfc single player wise and also realize that multiplayer should be more then just online

10. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    Perhaps Elita-1 as a Destroyer?

I'm not sure about female parts only being interchangeable within other female chassis though. I could see them just going and reshaping every limb to both male and female frames, which IMO would be great. More options ftw.

11. scorpio-prime

I was thinking Blackarachnia for that role as her additional legs and spider abdomen would give her torso the necessary size for the class without making her as blocky as male Destroyers.

12. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    What?
    Elita 1 was the same size as Arcee, wasn't she?

13. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Who said females of one class should be as blocky as males of the same class? Yes I do like your idea, but I disagree for it being 'needed' to compensate for her smaller size. Female Destroyers would probably be slightly smaller than male Destroyers anyway. :3

And Ultra Magnus was a lot taller than Perceptor, yet the way they unified the sizes of each member of each size class for MP, the opposite is true here.

Yeah, she was probably the same size as Arcee. But I was thinking more on the lines of giving her the same class as her lover boy Optimus, which would make her almost as tall as him in MP. :drunk 

14. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 GATTAI Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    yes. they still have one more part of the story of their journey to tell and i'd love to see some new worlds such as Junk, Velocitron, and Quintessa

15. scorpio-prime

Because otherwise you'll have a character the size of Arcee mass shifting into a Truck comparable in size to Optimus - hence why I suggested Blackarachnia with her long extra limbs allowing her to fill a similar amount of space as a regular Destroyer.

16. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Arcee is a tiny Infiltrator though. Female Destroyers would be around male Scientist height I'd think, which IMO would still make for decent-sized trucks. Maybe Swindle-sized trucks, I guess.

17. scorpio-prime

Then you'd have a class with all the abilities of Destroyers with the added benefit of being smaller targets - also Swindle is the same size as the other Trucks, and his overall build is far too large to look feminine.

18. Prime Jetscream

News Credits:
    Actually, the same size. They modified everyone so every part would be in the exact same spot, regardless of what parts they're connected to. :lolol 

19. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

It was extremly amazing, however, the one problem I have with it is how weird the defeat of Megatron/Optimus was handled. You stab them in the game, implying that you killed them, and then it had no effect at all on them. Why include that stabbing scene to begin with if it doesnt even exist in the storyline? You could have made that fight end in different ways that would have suited the whole thing better.

20. orangeitis

News Credits:
    Exactly. :D 

What's the same size? Magnus and Perceptor?