Should there be a psuedo-NEST to counter MECH?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jun 23, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Autobots have been fighting Decepticons for ages. In MECH they find a familiar yet very different enemy.

One they may not go all out and have potential for "collateral damage" with MECH being terrorists.

Though it affects them this is also an internal issue among Humans. Autobots may have had an excuse of the Decepticons being their fight and can't involve the Human military because of potential casualties they do not have such an excuse with MECH.

Should a special anti-terror unit join the Autobots when it comes to MECH?

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

That could work, but I think they shouldn't bring a whole team of military badass dudes, otherwise this is going to turn into G.I Joe VS Transformers.

They should make a team of three guys: Agent Fowler, Fanzone and Simmons.

Together, the most awesome humans in the history of Transformers, WRECKING A HAVOC upon Silas and his dudes. OH YEAH!

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    thats kinda what Team Prime is. Fowler makes them sanctioned, so it might as well be NEST

4. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    :lol  Now more men (and women) on that team.

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Yes... in season 2 or 3

7. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    As long as Prime's "Nest" doesn't overshadow the autobots. And they can't just "be there and help sometimes"

They need to have a plot to them. Like people in this Nest not liking the autobots but coming to trust them over the seasons would fit in well perhaps.

8. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Not for a while.

And I hope that, rather than being specifically and Autobot-affiliated group, I'd rather they be a strictly anti-MECH group, only getting involved when MECH is up to something.

9. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Three men... alone... BETRAYED BY THE COUNTRY THEY LOVE."

...Do it NAO PLZ writers.

10. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

I woud only want it if they are exclusively used to counter/combat Mech. That means no blowing up Decepticons, and no making the Autobots look like chumps. The good guys already have Fowler+the kids. I can live with it in Bayverse but this show should be mainly focused on the robots, it's a cartoon FFS so no need for "realism" here.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Based on previous interviews with the producers, creative team, etc. They have Season 1 written and in production..so it would make sense to build up to this type of story arc for Seasons 2 & 3 and beyond we hope. :) 

We've been told that they have Season 1 outlined, so Fowler and whatever government agencies he represents & can commit their resources..which could be the beginning with more chapters in later seasons. I think the TFP folks wouldn't have a problem with the human casualties, but it would also mean some possible bot and con casualties as well..ruh roh.. :( 

12. AnithaPrime

AnithaPrime TURDUKEN

i think it would be interesting to have human action along side the autobot vs decepticon action

13. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I want a "NEST" like team to appear if (and possibly when) Team Prime leaves Earth, so NEST can clean the rest of the planet up on their own.

14. Epsilon

Epsilon Autobot Archivist

At the moment I'm inclined to say no to a NEST like team (at least right now) While I think they fit/ work great for the live action films, I feel like putting them in TFP would feel forced and would detract focus from the bots. Just more fodder for the 'Cons to shoot at, for Ratchet to worry about stepping on and for Optimus to have to deal with, and lets face it while Fowler is becoming more and more likable/ agreeable, its not as though he and Prime always see eye to eye or are the best of friends. IMO introducing NEST like troops might just cause more friction.

Not saying that friction would be completely terrible, after all it could provide some interesting character development and plot points, but introducing a NEST like team in season one and possibly even in the beginning of season two might be too much, and again would pull attention from the three building factions we have already.

15. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it would be rather tough to pull off.

Prime in this series seems really determined that no humans get harmed not even the military so it's hard to see a situation where he'd ever be happy with putting humans in harms way if he didn't have to. It would have to be something behind Prime's back like the kids showing up when they shouldn't.

It seems like there would be some danger of a NEST like group taking away some of the Autobot's hero spotlight as well. I kind of like the Autobots being the ones to save the day.

I think I might like another Autobot being added to the team as the counter to MECH instead of more human characters. Perhaps some inverter type character who makes the technology to counter MECH's latest advance. Wheeljack is a Wrecker now so perhaps some bot could be something like the mechanical Tony Stark of the Transformers Prime world.

16. Harbinger

Harbinger ecnayonnA

they need a counter terrorism force (like G.I.Joe) to deal with the terrorism that MECH (Cobra) could bring....wait a minute. that would be fun cross over cartoonwise that we havent seen since season 4 of G1 :D 

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

The question would be which GI Joe? GI Joe Renegades is being given the dreaded "On Hiatus” which is often a nice way of saying canceled. The new director has promised to make the next GI Joe live action movie different but other than Snake Eyes costume will not have the lips we don't know much at all about the look of the film.

Just seems like it would be hard to slip GI Joe into Transformers Prime when Hasbro doesn't seem to have a clear vision of the brand at the moment.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah. Nest, Skywatch i doesn't matter who.

They can fight Mech while the Bots fight the Cons.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Or just Flower putting his foot down when it comes to the authority on the matter. It would make for an interesting exchange between the two characters.
    Lets say things get real bad, I could see Fowler telling Prime that he and the Autobots are guests on this world. Optimus may be a wise leader, but he doesn't have authority over the human military. Fowler would probably say something along the lines of: "This is still our planet. This is just as much our fight as it is yours."

I don't think that would happen. At most, you'd maybe see human soldiers taking out a few Decepticon troops, or Terrorcons(Zombie-bots) while the Autobots fight the main guys.

Perceptor, maybe? It'd be kind of funny, cause it'd be both a return to the character's roots, as well as it being kind of a switch up between him and Wheeljack, given in the IDW-verse Perceptor is a Wrecker.

20. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

This time Fowler did bring with him military to counter MECH. But these guys have been slipping through his fingers.

If MECH expands beyond Silas and his masked mooks then perhaps Fowler could gather a special team of his own.