Should the war end in DotM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    I think itll end because bay will probably want "his" transformers legacy to end. Bayformers are ok, I wouldn't mind a reboot so much, but the world may be transformered out for a bit. (Not the fandom, but people in general)

2. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

It'll be over when we see Megatron and Prime holding hands and telling each other jokes and stories about the olden days.

3. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    End the war and later do a reboot with a new director and more classic look for the Transformers, you already have to suspend reality to accept robots that transform into vehicles , give plenty of leeway in designs.

also keep Uwe Boll as far from the franchise as possible.

4. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    fyi if this film is a even bigger success then ROTF i gaurantee we get a reboot/newfranchise in 2-3 years if that watch i think im more excited to see another directors take on TF's then have been do a 4th(which wont happen)

5. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    This is my exact thoughts^ seriously get someone onboard that actually would respect the franchise, and not just screw around with it. I really want neil(forgot how to spell his last name) who directed district 9. If given the write budget and decent screenwriters I think he would do a fantastic job with this film franchise.

6. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    I don't mind using a little bit of leeway but don't go overboard. Kinda do what prime did but lose the animatedish look and replace it with a G1ish/classic kinda look.

7. The touch79

The touch79 Sparticon

I hope so. We all know it is the end of the Bay trilogy. Prequels or remakes could be done, but I feel the story has to end with the war ending because the movie needs to give itself a final piece that sets it apart from the rest of TF fiction.

8. Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky beepboopbop

Yes, because dont get me wrong i like bayformers, but id like a fresh start in which i hope jazz is in and he has more of a role

9. MegaPaultron

MegaPaultron Well-Known Member

Bayformers is done after DOTM the Universe that Bay created will end gracefully the war might very well be tied up in this one.

Who needs Unicron stamping round Earth it would look pretty dumb IMHO that image in 1986 and later in the Unicron Trilogy was an image fixed primary to Cybertron.You could kill off Megatron for good in this and every other Con they took apart their Supreme Commander in ROTF so whats stopping the Autobots finishing the job and I for one say go for it.

Stamp out the Decepticons finish the job round up the story both sides are pretty much a nomadic race Cybertron and the Spark gone for good in the 80's cartoon the ownership of Cybertron was that of the Decepticons before Unicrons arrival gave them the chance to retake their homeworld...

Bayformers is not really G1 or any other Transformers its a beast of its own and all bets are out..

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't think you need to make more than Revenge of the Fallen to get a reboot down the road the film just has to show a profit at either the theaters or with the DVD and Blu-Ray release.

GI Joe Rise of Cobra only made $150 million in the US which didn't even cover it's $175 million budget. But the world wide take took it up to a total $302 million so it's getting a second film with different writers and a new director.

If Dark of the Moon can make more than it's budget back in the crowded summer film market this year then Hollywood will think it's a safe investment to revisit somewhere down the road.

11. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I think that it will. But I think they'll leave a few loose threads like Starscream getting away again and Megatron's fate fairly ambigious.

12. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Someone should take bay place and continue with the story, reboots are fuck ups look at spiderman reboot. LOOK AT THAT THING

[​IMG]

That costume looks terrible! I don't know why they would start the franchise again when they could make a lot more money with Spiderman 4 Sam Raimi's Spiderman trilogy. I was so excited about going to see Spiderman as Tobey Macguire in Spiderman 4. Sony you suck!

13. Ash from Carolina

I don't know I've heard among the various Spiderman reboot rumors that they are dropping the organic webshooters in favor of going back to Peter Parker invents the webshooters. Kind of sounds like might have some good ideas for the reboot.

14. chazparks

chazparks Well-Known Member

They should continue Bayformers in the Prime series. Prime is kind of like Bayformers meet Animated anyways.

15. AMG

AMG Old School

I think this TF universe should come to a close with DotM. Any more movies after this and I feel it will just drag on.

16. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    Reboot?!

You mean Reformat!

17. tfmad2010

tfmad2010 Oh Hai Internet!

News Credits:
    I think that costume looks way better.

I personally don't care if it ends or gets a reboot. I just hope if there is a reboot, they don't try to make them look G1 accurate.

18. OreoBuilder

OreoBuilder Well-Known Member

Bay has already stated that the movie will end in a way that will make direct sequels very difficult. That means that the fourth TF movie will probably not be TF4, but a reboot of some kind.

That being said, Bay's movies have so many plot holes that I doubt we'll have a complete resolution, despite his Bayness' best efforts. There will be some stuff left open for speculation.

As for the war, I'm hoping it ends with DoTM.

OB

19. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    What, you mean that incredible looking costume? That looks great!

You know why they aren't making Spider-Man 4? Because Spider-Man 3 was a panned piece of shit that made people realize that Sam Raimi has completely lost his touch. Here's a description of the movie. "Spider-Man fights way too many villains, has way too many love interests, turns into a horrible, self centered character which is eventually sort of tied to some black goop he hadn't touched yet but becomes yet another villain that is tacked on in the last 30 seconds. Oh, and everyone spends half the movie crying, even our hero! And then Harry dies and, guess what, they all CRY!"

Also, Tobey was horrible and Dunst looked like she got hit in face with a shovel! I think they've cast many great actors in this reboot and I'm very excited to see it, despite the fact I feel they rushed too quickly into this. They should have waited a while, like the Batman franchise (which was definitely not a "fuck up").

But I digress...

20. Ash from Carolina

There is something to be said for something having an ending. Sometimes there is just such a satisfaction to the end of a series of books that you loved. Yea it's kind of tough knowing it's the end but also a happy feeling of having a conclusion.

Too many film series and television shows just get ran into the ground in the hopes they can wring one more dollar out of it. Given the choice of descending into nothing like Heroes or ending in the most epic ending ever like Newhart I think I'll take an ending.