Should the war end in DotM?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jan 20, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

DotM is likely the end of the TF movies. Question is with it should the Autobot-Decepticon War end with it?

Like in many incarnations of Transformers the Decepticons may be defeated but they will be back.

Should it be open ended or do we get peace with a optimistic epilogue?

2. RebelMan

RebelMan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it'll be left open ended for a Unicron Trilogy after a long break.(really high hopes)

Hasbro/Paramount/Dreamworks will not let the franchise end after TF3 ends.

3. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm hoping it does. That way it will hopefully stop Bay from doing any more after this one. Honestly, after this one, the only new TF movies I want to see are either TFP animated movies, or a complete reboot with a new director, new characters, new cast, new everything.

4. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

I hoping it doesn't end because I really like bayformers especially optimus prime cause he kick serious ass in both movie and really the best design out of everybody and I would like to see micheal take on Unicron. And also if the autobots get banned from earth will they rebuild cybertron or go someplace eles

[​IMG]

No reboot please

5. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Since this is the BIG Finale, i think the Cybertronian War needs to end here

i would be fine with an Reboot, Sicne the More Transformers Movies they Make, the More I Stay in the fandom sicne im only watching Transformers Movies (and Comics), Has Long they are Live Action (Or Movies Taking Place in Cybertron)

Sorry but Bay Confirmed That Dark of the Moon Is THE LAST Transformers Film

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10...plot-details-revealed-the-end-of-the-trilogy/

6. wowzers

wowzers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well he could always change his mind down the road never know i think hes gonna take a long break if does anymore transformers no i don't think the war should end i think it should end with leaving open possibilities for a next film

7. kremzeek prime

kremzeek prime Kremzeek!!!!!

I want it to be more open ended, giving an indication that the war will continue long after the movies end.

8. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Yes

9. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    I love the TF movies and they are the only thing besides TFP that is keeping me in the fandom at the moment. Id love if they leave it somewhat open for later releases which im 99% sure they most likely will be made under a new director or the same. I loved M-Bays take on it. Was his own version and has ALOT of ups and a few downs, but over all a very good triology IMO.

10. daviddt

daviddt Well-Known Member

It will be over as Megatron and Starscream dies. Their must be a leader. Maybee Unicorn, but how to defeat a big planet eating decepticon?

11. Challenger

Challenger Loves Bumblebee

News Credits:
    If this is truly going to be the last Transformers film until they reboot it then the war should probably end in DOTM, but I personally would like for them to leave it to where they could continue the movies if they change their minds about DOTM being the last one.

12. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I want it to be open. The war can be said to continue but it doens't have to be shown. Transformers can go on forever and I actually don't want Megatron to be destroyed.

13. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Fixed.... ;) 

14. Cliff_prime

Cliff_prime Banned

Fine go ahead do the reboot but you what who cares it will be the same thing all over again , new director change something people start nitpicking again , new director put new humans in the movie more fanboys nitpicking again, new director change theme song, designs.

Whats the freaking point we going to see the same thing again .

I just want someone to take micheal place and start a new story
    is that hard to ask hollywood.
    (facepalm) I forgot it all about money not the fans

15. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    No see bay confirmed this will be the last TF film he will direct not that its the last TF film to be made. gotta get ur facts straight becasue people will begin to think this.

Another director will take over the reigns and give us a new twist im gonna say it will be considered a reboot sry to say it but thats how hollywoods been working lately.

16. Edgcracker

Edgcracker Well-Known Member

Especially if it exceeds ROTF's profits. These movies are big time money makers for all involved, plain and simple. Plus they are fun summer blockbusters. You have explosions, action, some semblance of a plot, dirty humor, and gratuitous hot women. Oh, and giant freaking robots than turn into cars. I'd take more Transformer flicks over any other franchise - and I love me some Harry Potter and Marvel, so that is saying something!
    The only people in their wide target demographic that don't like them are the hardcore G1 fans. But you can't please every nerd out there.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So your argument that things must be Bay-formers forever is because every fan will still not be happy with the reboot?

You are always going to find an upset fan boy somewhere. Heck even films like The Dark Knight and the Lord of the Ring films had upset fan boys. Just because they can't please every last fan boy doesn't mean that other directors and creative teams haven't tried to please as many fans as possible while still making a film that people without the fan background can still enjoy.

Given how many times the cartoons have been rebooted over the decades I find it just odd that people would imply that somehow everything will be ruined if the films get a reboot. You just never know with reboots, yes sometimes you get a bad one like the V series on TV but sometimes you get a Battlestar Galactia or Hawaii 5-0.

18. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Well, it's the end of the story, so I'm guessing that the war might end with DOTM.

I'm hoping it doesn't however. I think it'd be good for the Autobots to win by killing a few major Decepticon players, but a few Decepticons surviving. Let's say the final battle in Chicago isn't all the Decepticons in the universe.
    I'd like to see a couple Decepticons escape, so that there will always be the background threat of Decepticons returning in the future.

Give the war a good close, but don't finish it completely. Leave a little bit up to speculation.

19. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I would rather it be left open ended with the possibility of more films in the future.
    There is still so much of TF lore that I want to see translated into a live action movie.

Despite growing up with TF in the 80s, I'm pretty open to new interpretations of the franchise. So, be it Bay or someone else that takes the helm for a new trilogy, I'm looking forward to see the new incarnation of it.

20. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The wars won't end till all are one.