Should the rebirth have better than what is was?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by CarRobot, Oct 5, 2017.

1. CarRobot

CarRobot Highway Star

Even though I haven’t finished g1 yet (just finished season 2 earlier this year) I think that if they had just given the rebirth the 5 parter it was supposed to have along with making the smaller headmaster and targetmasters sentient beings like the Japanese series did instead of those green guys, not having Arcee being a headmaster, and better animation maybe it would’ve been a great way to end G1 in the states once and for all. Unfortunately, because of the rebirth being rushed and the headmasters series being way too silly and having stuff like prime dying again and magnus dying too I’m skipping both of those series and watching Masterforce after season 3. Does anyone else agree with me about this?

2. Dropkick

Dropkick Worse aim than Misfire.

Google+:
    YouTube:
    Eh. Couldn't care less.
    They did a decent job, and I honestly don't give a crap about the Rebirth.
    Good idea though dude.

3. Galvatross

Galvatross Make it Mac Tonight! Veteran

I definitely agree that the fourth season would have been better had it been longer. Even a few more episodes would have been better.

Having said that, I still enjoy the Rebirth. Even if I prefer Headmasters' heads being smaller alien robots and not organic beings, and Daniel and Arcee are kind of annoying. Lots of fascinating and underused concepts and characters were introduced in Rebirth. I wish we had gotten to see more of them.

4. FanboyX

FanboyX is a real boy

As far as Rebirth being better if it were longer, no. But I hate everything about Rebirth.

Could it be better with improved animation? Maybe, but i'd still hate the plot and dialogue.

Do I think you should skip Headmasters and jump right into Masterforce? Not really. If anything I think you should skip Rebirth and watch Headmasters instead. They literally explain the Headmasters origin in three minutes instead of three bogus, poorly paced episodes that end in a cliffhanger. The character deaths are actually met with a bit of gravitas and move the plot along. Zarak is a great villain, and Sixshot puts Chromedome through hell. The clones actually do stuff.

Wheelie and Daniel are annoying, sure. I don't really have a positive spin on that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I love The Rebirth, despite the rushed pace and abysmal animation. The basic plot is solid and actually one of Sunbow's best, imo. Much better than I remember it being as a kid. And it has a few really interesting (one in particular, about Vector Sigma) ideas that legitimately expand the core mythology.

I like it a billion times more than Headmasters, which I felt misconstrued the mythology on many points. And I like it more than at least 80% of seasons 1 & 2.

Masterforce is great, though. Unfortunately, it doesn't fit at all with Season 3. I think it pretty clearly was originally intended as a franchise reboot, before they backpedaled and shoehorned a cameo by Chromedome to make it look like Masterforce continued from Headmasters. But it really doesn't. Season 3 (and 4, and even Headmasters) take place in what was then 20 years in the future. It was a total future world, with hover cars, futuristic goofy fashion, Earth was now part of an intergalactic community, knew all about the Transformers, humans could travel in spaceships to other worlds, etc.

But then Masterforce jumps back to what looks like the 1980s again. Humans no longer drive futuristic cars or wear future clothes. And even if you could ignore those things, NO ONE ON EARTH HAS EVER HEARD OF TRANSFORMERS. Humans now had no contact with or experience of alien races. Masterforce is a new first contact story. Essentially replacing MTMtE. With an entirely new mythology and paradigm for the Autobot/Decepticon war.

Victory then does an okay job -- as good as could be expected -- of trying to smooth out the inconsistencies to at least pass the squint test, and make it seem like everything fits together. And I do like Japanese G1 continuity. But what Masterforce started as, compared to what they later decided it needed to be, are kilometers apart.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Altered Prime

Altered Prime Well-Known Member

I loved the rebirth as well sure better animation would've made it better and if they had paste it out to five episodes even more so but I prefer the concept Hasbro head with humanoid partners

Now that's not to say That I just like the Japanese concept for headmasters I was fine with that as well but considering what they ended up doing with match the force I felt it was kind of pointless

7. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I loved Rebirth and wanted more. Should've been a full season.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Wanna touch things I don't feel

News Credits:
    Rebirth is perfect as is. Definitely a case of "so bad it's good". Hilarious voice acting, dialogue, and animation.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    The voice acting and dialogue are some of the best things about it. The action from episodes one and three was also great.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    No, i prefer how the rebirth did it to how Headmasters did it.
    I like how the rebirth binds yet another race to the neverending Cybertronian war.
    I think the animation was just fine, i mean it wasn't that musical planet episode right. What are people complaining about?
    The Rebirth is the most epic transformers ever has been apart from the movie.
    It was great the way it was, it doesn't need changing.
    Headmasters on the other hand :/

• Like Like x 1
  11. GogoDG

GogoDG Come and help me somebody quicklyyyyyyahhhhhhh!

Twitter:
    I couldn't agree more. Headmasters is good in Japanese and hilarious in English. But it's worth a watch.

12. Macross79

Macross79 Well-Known Member

What I didn't like was, the show ended with a cliffhanger. I always thought that there was going to have a season 5 picking up where it left off. More importantly, what I want to know is, at the end when Galvatron and Scorponok are seen leaving Cybertron, Galvatron had plans to build a new planet.

13. Altered Prime

Season five?

Remember the rebirth was only three episodes so if there were any more than just would've been a continuation of season 4 not a season five

14. Macross79

Rebirth was season 4. Season 3 ended with The Return of Optimus Prime

15. Altered Prime

Right three episodes
    if there had been any more episodes it would've been like other seasons 10 or 20 or 30 episodes

So it would've been a proper season 4

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  16. Macross79

I would have made more sense, if season 4 Rebirth was longer. I felt that it was rushed and the writers all they wanted was to end the show. A proper ending of the show in the US would have been season 5 The Headmasters, showing Galvatron building his new planet and the Decepticons becoming a big threat, with their Headmasters, Targetmasters.

Japan could have easily picked up where the show in the US left of, with a couple more episodes of Headmasters and go right into Masterforce

• Like Like x 1
  17. Altered Prime

Actually the writer did not want to end the show, in fact he planned on the rebirth of being five episodes and there was hope that more episodes will be ordered but they were told to cut back from Hasbro

And again had there been any more episodes it would've been a continuation of season 4 not a season five

Now if they waited an a year or at least till the next tv season to air any more episodes then you could call it a season five but if they had continued soon after the end of the rebirth then it would've been a proper season 4
    they didn't they created their own headmaster Show

They were not please with Hasbro's concept of humanoid pilots for the Transformers so they created their own show

Which ironically in the following Show they went with humanoid pilots

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  18. Macross79

To be honest, I never liked Japans cartoons series, it never caught my attention

19. Altered Prime

For me it depends on which Japanese cartoon were talking some of the older ones I like like The ones that were translated into battle of the planets and stars blazers

20. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

I couldnt stomach the headmasters. When I got the series and pushed the play button I felt like a 5 year old opening a present....only to find clothes inside....What five year old dreams of clothes as presents? I watched it because 'I had to do', most of its concepts were outright ridiculous and bad copy pasta from the original which simply put doesnt make sense and doesnt work with the overall continuity (and the later series rushed 'fixes' prove this). The overall impression was that the Japanese were trying to mutate the series into a Japanese anime instead of continue it by loading with a huge amount of anime style stuff (signature moves, heroic explanations etc etc those things had nothing to do with transformers), something that at its current point couldnt work. Also the design and animation left me with a bitter after taste. Especially the backgrounds were sorely lacking and empty.

At least thats what I got from the headmasters personally.

Now on the rebirth: With all of its problems it succeeded at what they wanted to do: End the story albeit with a cliff hanger. What I never understood is why they left that cliffhanger and they never got to use it.

Should it have been an entire season? Defo yes.

• Like Like x 1