Should the community complain?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by funkatron101, Aug 7, 2006.

1. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I am another fan who purchased Titanium Megatron and is sorely disappointed.
    Megatron is the only toy that I can remember with such shotty quality. I mean for god sake they packaged him with his arms NOT attached, in order to give him a better pose. Getting him out of the package resulted in all of his limbs coming off.

Hasbro clearly knew that this was a poor quality product. I've purchased transformers with go awful color schemes, poor articulation, and the inability to stand, but never has there been a transformer who has completely fallen apart just by touching it.

The question is, should we complain? Who is this line intended for? Kids? There is no kid who can touch this thing without breaking it in seconds. Is it for us? If so, why the complete lack of articulation and loose joints?

Really, hasbro, what were you thinking with this toy?

2. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Super Mod

News Credits:
    No...

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    The fans already do way too much bitching as it is.

4. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't know who this line is intended for, but if those toys are available in TRU anyone can buy them, and complain if they aren't happy with the products.

I'm sure some parents would complain if a toy they bought for their child gets broken as soon as taken out of the package.
    And if there are enough complaints Hasbro might consider it seriously?

5. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    First time I saw it I thought it was a replacement for Classics Megatron because I thought there was no way they would make another gun, glad I was wrong but boy was I pissed for a few minutes anyway. It is not that great of a mold as far as looks but I ordered it anyway since it is the first true version of a G1 Megatron since G2 even if it is based on an alternate reality. Mine should be hear soon so I may comment on the figure when I get it but I listened to what people said and ordered him anyway so if I do not like him it is my fault but Hasbro could still do a better job if all the complaints are true. Hope to know for myself soon.

6. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    My guess, the first of a hopefully better run. I haven’t got him yet, but intent to do so. Maybe they are not intended to be "played with" but more so intended for collectors who buy and pose on a shelf. Hopefully it will get better from here...

And complain, why not? It can't hurt...

7. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

The story of the boy who crief, "Wolf," seems appropriate.

And where is the idea that articulation is for collectors only coming from? I'm very fiction-driven in my purchases, but I distinctly remember passing on toys that were crappy when I was a kid, even if I loved the character (Ultra Magnus, I'm looking at you). I also bought some toys that were awesome, even if I didn't care about the characters, like the Technobots or some of the Headmasters. And I never wanted any of the superhero characters who were statues with arm rotation.

8. misterd

misterd Well-Known Member

Complain with your wallet. Spread the word about T-Megs to discourage others. Don't buy any more Titaniums until there is a substantial increase in quality. Wait to read a handful of reviews.

9. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

The fandom is full of people just itching for things to moan bitterly about. I haven't examined that particular Megatron, but the fans very frequently complain even when there's little or no real erason to. If this is one of the cases it actually is worth complaining about, then a shitstorm of complaints is beyond guaranteed.

If the toy is really that bad, the question isn't "should fans complain?". If we get a product that's absolutely poorly made, then we should definitely complain. The question is whether maybe we should complain less about other things so that Hasbro can actually even notice the complaints about this.

10. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The best way for Hasbro to take notice is to hit them in the pocket book. Either:

a. Don't buy any more Titaniums

b. Return them to the store

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    hey, its a poor product that doesnt stand up to the usual standards right?

hell yeah we've got the right to complain.

12. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be honest, I've bought both Titanium WW Prime & Megatron. Both figures are made from shoddy materials and they all seem to have paint and joint defects. The problem seems to be that the ball joints are largely made of plastic while the rest of the figure has alot of diecast all over the place. It makes the figures very unstable and really hard to pose even for guys whom don't play with their toys. Also, the display stands are a neat idea, but totally worthless since the figure can't really be pegged on in anyway, shape or form. To me, the Titanium line seems to be filled with alot of really good ideas, but so far only bad executions.

Myself, I really haven't bitched much about these guys... with the exception of me telling Dark Magnus what I thought about the figures shortly after I bought them and than returned them to the store. Rather than bitch and moan pointlessly on a message board... I chose to vote with my wallet. Titaniums seem to be a line pointed at the collector... so until these figures are executed better... I refuse to pay for them with my money. Maybe Hasbro will listen and maybe they won't. Either way, the only real voice you have is to not buy the toys. Eventually, the line will either get better (based on the future designs I hope it does, but I'm not holding my breath for good upcoming revues) or it will clog up after the first couple of waves, because people don't buy the shoddy materials.

I don't think it's a question of if we should complain, but how do we complain effectively. I mean, TF fans complain about lots of crap and I'm sure Hasbro hardly hears the points that they actually need to in lieu of all the crap that comes their way when the fans complain just to complain. Myself, like I said, I'm voting with my wallet and note giving them my money until the quality gets better.

Sure, it may not mean anything to Hasbro/Galoob if this one measly collector (or even multiple collectors) don't buy their figures, but it could be noticed in the long term. And even if it isn't and the line continues onward until it gets canceled... well, I won't be owning any of them simply because these guys are shoddily put together and not worth the $15 that they cost at retail. Better, non-chipping paint and tighter ball joints would do wonders for these figures IMHO.

13. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    Sounds about right. We all know how the complaining about Nemesis Prime has turned out so far, not even a statement. Still Titaniums are display pieces and not really for play, thus the display stand. If you or anyone else want to complain then go ahead, make a post here and hear what others have to say and if that does not make you fill any better then e-mail Hasbro through the links on their web site and let them know how you fill.

14. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    In theory the toyline is great, and I hope it suceeds. But the design flaws almost seem to be on purpose. Megatron would be flimsy if he had no diecast. It is just a poorly planed design that shouldn't have gone past the prototype stage.

I fear that by Megatron being a shelf warmer, instead of Hasbro realizing that it is a poor toy, they will think Titanium is a failure.

15. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Megatron is the only one I have so far. I really hope the rest are better. My Prime will be here from BBTS in a couple of days so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

16. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Prime is better than Megatron, in my opinion, but the hip joints on mine disconnect rather easily and the shoulders aren't tight enough for him to hold his rifle straight ahead. But, I can't complain too much at $4.99. There's been so much discussion on the quality, or lack thereof, in the 6" Tits that most of the people here should be able to make an informed decision before buying. And, if you buy and don't like, just take them back!

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

megatron sucks.. I rarely complain about TFs anymore...however this one SUCKS HARDCORE! It was in pieces by the time I got it out of the box and the arms even fall off when he is just "standing" there , where I get him to stay up...Piss poor toy,

18. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    clear throught*WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I think that cleared it up....

19. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the idea behind the 6" Titanium line and how we're getting toys that none of us ever dreamed we'd see. But after buying the Megatron yesterday from my local Target for the suggested $14.99, seeing the quality of the figure really did disapoint me.

The legs are just held on to the body with a single, flimsy strip of plastic each. Seriously, I thought I broke mine when I first transformed it. That coupled with the heavy arms that just hang at the side of the figure on their plactic ball joints, makes for a brand new and very loose figure. (and by loose I mean the joints are not tight.)

I hope the rest of these figures are made better and that this one is the only one that suffers from poor design and quality.

20. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

My feet hurt.