Should The "Classics Line" be Continued ??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nemesis Predaking, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    First off let me just say that i'm loving the "classic line". It's nice to see TF's that i grew up with getting a great update, But the i started to think ...... 3 seekers ??? Where are Thundercracker, Thrust & Dirge ??? Grimlock but not the rest of the dinobots. Astrotrain, But no Blitzwing. So many good bots out there that could use much love. Wheeljack, Prowl, Jazz, Blaster, Shockwave, The Insecticons, Predaking. I could go on forever so i'll stop there. I here rumors that the line might continue if sales were good. So i ask to you all who would you like to see updated to the "classics line",Should hasbro decide to continue the line.

Ok i got the point, to many threds like this. next time i have to look into it some more
    Now if i could just get a $1 for everyone that has to point it out i'd be set

2. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I wish I had $1 for every post like this.

3. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I'd like to see it continue, but bumped down from the status of being the main line. I wouldn't mind if it replaced the 6" Titanium Transformers, if it would branch out to include things besides updated G1.

4. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    My picks

My top 5 picks to be added to the classic line would be:

Wheeljack
    Shockwave
    Either Sideswipe or Sunstreaker
    One of the Insecticons
    Either Jazz or Prowl

5. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

I wish I had a $1 to give you for eevry post like this.

6. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Yes, I want it to continue after the movie.

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah but isn't that exactly what makes the line what it is in the first place... new molds of classic characters? If it's not a G1 character homage, then it's not a classic in the sense that we now know them.

Regardless, I don't think it'll ever be a "main" line anyway. Looks like it could run on par with Alternators & 6" Titaniums, but not necessarily overshadow either of them. Especially not when there will be movie displays above the TF sections in stores for the next year.

8. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

If the number of "What Future Classics Do You Want?" threads is any indication, there is certainly a MARKET for it continuing! :)  Seems that this line is a pretty rousing success with most Transformer fans (especially the old ones who remember the characters).

That being said, yeah, I'd love to see it continue a bit longer. Not forever.... I don't really agree with some that it should re-create every G1 character. But I think it would be great if it ended up being about three or four times bigger than it is now. Wishful thinking, though.... we'll be lucky if we get even a couple more figures. This line is destined, I feel, to leave fans wanting more.

9. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Wish I had one more new mold for every post like this... and $1 to boot!

Of course they should be continued. Quite loved here!!

10. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    Yes, but not at the expense of the Alts. though.

They should focus on the obvious and popular 1984-86 characters and throw in some neglected ones. Then move into the 1987-89 characters where there were some characters who were quite prominent in the Marvel comic, many of whom had atrocious toys.

11. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

G1 isn't the only line that could be considered "classic" at this point, and the War Within stuff is still just an alternate take on the classic G1 characters, just like the current Classic toys are.
    At the moment, it's serving as a temporary substitute for a main line. It's taking up the pegs that Cybertron just vacated. It's the line meant for mass sales to children until the movie comes out, despite its obvious appeal to collectors. It's like a mini main line.

12. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I’d love classic to stay on, even as a sub line heck even if it was the only sub line, alts over complex and cos of there “perfect” real world alt modes often take away from the character they are meant to be and the fact they are only cars, titanium’s fair better but over heavy metal/weak joints and paint chipping classics just own all other TF lines. Sure its not perfect, grimlock could do with a larger more brutish looking version, megatron looks like a gay disco fairy and CJ needs a new face but hey when my biggest complaints are bitchy little piss ant shit like that and I still own all the ones I complain about you know Hasbro are on to a winner.

13. Chaos Incarnate

Chaos Incarnate Not just a name.

News Credits:
    Actually, I beg to differ. I mean, the Alternators line was really awesome, and I had almost every single one, but towards the end of the line you can really start to see that they were slowing down, reusing older ideas, and really just struggling.

Hasbro has, is the past, had the main line, and a couple side lines. The movie line will be their main line very soon, and we know they are going to keep Titaniums. I feel that, since Alts are at the tail end anyhow, they should close that line and continue Classics as a sub line.

One of the things about the movie line is that a fan either embraces radical change and loves it, or they are steeped in tradition and they hate it. I think that keeping the Classics line would be a brilliant move by Hasbro, covering different niches, ensuring that everyone who walks down a Transformers isle sees something they like.

14. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yes

15. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Skids, Mirage and Ravage would like to have a word with you...

16. The Fortress Maximus

The Fortress Maximus Has a toilet in his head

They ought to use the Classics line as a tie in to the IDW comic.

17. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I think it should continue, but be sold like the titinums with 2 figures released at a time. With the occasional voyager or super released to complement the line.

18. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Drawings from Argentina! :D

News Credits:
    Well, of course I would like the Classics line to continue. As long we get a decent amount of new molds and not just one or 2 and then a bunch of repaints.

19. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

Absolutely! I have a feeling that it will continue. Hasbro knows that if they give the fans everything they want, they'll go away. By dropping hints of more after the movie, they know we will stick around until then, and most likely buy a movie toy or two along the way. I see Classics in the same light as the Vintage Series Star Wars....a few per year to keep folks around.

There are so many characters & designs left I consider necessary. None of the Diaclone cars have been updated aside from Mirage. The 'Cons are outnumbered, and are mostly seekers.

20. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There are so many characters to be redone in G1, I don't think Hasbro needs to mix in other lines just yet.