Should tf3 have more new bots or less new bots?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Feb 7, 2010.

?

?

1. YES MORE BOTS PLEASE

39.7%
  2. i agree with bay, Less New Bots

34.9%
  3. Maybe (explain)

20.6%
  4. i Think Bay is lying

7.9%
  5. NO MORE BOTS, jsut kept the oens that appeared in rotf and nothing more

7.9%
  6. I jsut want (which bot) and thats it

4.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    we know bay sayed that there wont be many New bots, but i want to know if you guys wants more New bots or you agree with bay?

FOR ME I WANT MROE BOTS!!

2. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    More. Unlike most of the fandom, I actually think that having cannon fodder bots isn't a bad thing in a movie about an alien civil war.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    id like a few more Autobots-Wheeljack, Magnus, Hound, and 2 new bad@$$ warriors, though im not sure who-interesting alt modes would be nice though-tired of sports cars. then for Decepticons, we NEED Shockwave, Soundwave MUST have Laserbeak as his next drone, and of course new Decepticons to fight. Specifically id love to see Generals of some sort-ones who turn into things like tanks or Ospreys or planes, and then for drones and fodder, the hatchlings. they can get blown to pieces all they want, then we still have transformers with awesome bot and alt modes, and they can be bots that we kinda care about. would also LOVE Bay to finlly have the aircraft transformer-Broadside, Tidalwave, doesnt matter-one should be in it.

4. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    Well I don't want a bunch of identical, name-less drones that only serve to get blown up by the military. I'd prefer more screen time being devoted to individual characters. If that can be done, maybe have some cannon-fodder bots in the background. But no "everyone gets blown up in military Baysplosion" stuff, or I'd rather not have that many at all.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

My answer is both more and less.

I want fewer robots like kitchen bots, Reedman, the clones, the bug, and other robots that have zero personality.

On the other hand I want more character bots. So Autobots and Decepticons with actual personalities would be a very nice thing. Their personalities don't have to be totally fleshed out but I should at least be able to get more about the character from the movie than from the toy.

6. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Well-Known Member

It's not that we need ore robots, but robots who are better developed.

One main problem with ROTF was that it focused too much on the comedy slapstick characters ( Wheelie, Skids & Mudflap, and a little bit of jetfire) and gave the other robots limited screentime.

7. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    When it comes to main Characters i want a little less robots but for other characters like maybe a cybertron flashback there should be much more to show how many had truly died in the War.

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Maybe some new bots. Well, it's probably a given that there will be new Decepticon characters added to the roster to replace the ones who got killed off. Doubtful there will be any new Autobots, since it would be nice to go with the ones we already have and give them some more screentime and characterization.

9. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I predict Jolt syndrome. Loads of robots randomly thrown in that have no character development.

Hasbro's shareholders have to be kept happy.

10. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    new bots, but not tons. i don't mind the generic protoforms/drones like in ROTF, as long as that's not all there is.

11. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    They can add every single robot known to Transformers, they just need sufficient characterisation and not seem in the background like in the last movie. The action could have followed the robots more in Egypt but it only followed the humans.

12. Moonhawk

Moonhawk Well-Known Member

I want fewer bots - or more importantly - fewer transformers "concepts".

ROTF tried to push far too many concepts from previous incarnations (combiners, pretenders, insecticons, the matrix, The Fallen and the Primes, energon, hatchlings, all spark shards, the solar harvester, female transformers etc)

It was hard to keep up even as a TF fan.

There were enough "new" things introduced into ROTF (i.e. new to the movieverse) to fill at least 2 or 3 movies. By cramming so much in - they didnt leave enough room to explain much if any of it. Fine I can fill in some of the blanks from reading the prequel and sequel comics - and from what I know about TF's from when I was a kid - but it must have been confusing as hell for somebody new to the franchise.

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As long as Bludgeon shows up and kicks ass, I will be happy.

Also, I'm amazed that the thread title contains no spelling errors.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everybody I know that saw the movie didn't give a crap, they probably just figured "what the hell they're alien robots".

Which pretty much IS a explanation for alot of things.

15. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Maybe...

I don't want a bunch of clones for TF3. I'd like to see more new robots with interesting and unique designs and characters (if they get time to develop them).
    The Autobots will have trouble introducing new characters, as there were a bunch of Autobots from TF2 left over. I feel like TF3 will suffer because of it.
    The Decepticons should have a lot of new robots, even if they just serve as cannon fodder. Having unique designs is all that really matters to me.

16. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    The only actual actors they need for the third film are Shia and Megan. Beyond that they can save cash for further budget on cg. Seriously. At this point the only other people onscreen need be extras. Focus should be on characterization of a handful of Bots and Cons, but pile on the Transformers regardless, and I don't mean clone crazy like RotF.

17. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

Less new bots. More screen time for the ones we already have (Ironhide, Sideswipe, Ratchet, etc...)

On the human side of things, more screen time for Lennox and Epps.

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    As long as Jolt and Sideswipe get more screen time I could care less if Ironhide and Chromia had a sex scene.

19. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

dinobots
    combiers
    primus
    unicorn

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Totally agree. Two of the better characters in the film series so it's a darn shame to just brush the two aside for characters that really don't bring a lot of good things to the film.

Fingers crossed for more of Lennox and Epps and less of the things like the college cast.