Should Soundwave have LIPS?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    Quoted for truth.

"Faceless" killers are often more effective in conveying a lack of humanity.

Optimus Prime is the hero, so him showing moments of humanity was always fine to me.

2. DiamondHead

DiamondHead HUH?

News Credits:
    No I don't want soundwave to have lips,although if he did that would mean he could smoke.I've changed my mind he should have lips and a sleeve to roll up to put his smokes in.Maybe a leather jacket and a cowboy hat.
    Ravage should also turn into a smoke

3. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'll go for the ninja look instead, lips would be just too weird.

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The same with me, I perfer Soundwave to have a face plate. No lips!

5. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

Yes. He should have great, big, pouty, glimmering McJagger lips so he can can get his rock on and croon out to a funky pop-metal beat.

And give him a full head of shoulder length punk rocker hair while we're at it.

(And if you know me, you know I'm being sarcastic...)

6. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I second this ^.

7. Michael_Prime_2K7

Michael_Prime_2K7 The Crafty One

Yes. Jimmy Walker lips. DYNO-MITE!

8. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i think we should call SW, lipsync instead... optimus should'nt even be a truck he should have been a monkey with an alien face without a mouthplate. then call the movie "les va-bots"

just to make us anti geewuners happy so we can piss off those darn geewunners

9. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Knowing that Hasbro has become more involved with the designs (especialy Soundwave, Devastator & Arcee from what I heard), they would probaly keep the face plate, plus, some of the designers are G1 fans.

10. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Don't be so sure, they may have an opinion, but bay has the true reign..in essence maybe a few things will remain an homage to the character not JUST G1, but I much more prefer the changes they make over trying to make people who have no idea who soundwave is, try to make him look like soundwave so they aren't so out of the loop and to make super-fanboys stay seated during the movie.

A faceplate would most likley be his battle mode, I'm all for movie designs so in some sense I dislike some homages that make the characters a little to obvious. But hey I really hope soundwave is done justice and not look to much like soundwave, but act more like soundwave

11. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I still say that they should pay Timshinn73 for his Soundwave design, its about as close to perfection as we're likely to get.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Did any of the Decepticons deploy a battlemode face in the last movie? I know Megatron had a battleface design floating about but I don't remember any of them switching actually faces for a fight. I would say that these evil warrior robots just keep their gameface on all the time, at least from what I saw, and I wouldn't be surprised if Bay kept to the same thing for the sequel.

As for Soundwave having lips, he actually had a proper mouth in some of the early issues of the Marvel comics, so it could be considered canon. ;) 

13. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Lips on Soundwave?

NEVER!

So many fans liked that design, but something makes me think if the movie team had designed it instead, people probably would have hated it. Fans are like that.

... and everybody else.

14. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Sure give Sound wave a mouth but hey make sure you remove the name from the character.

you know maybe there are reasons for why the characters have been popular they way they are for a reason.

I mean does it really have to change it doesnt make the character any better at emoting there is still such a thing called body language.

Any reason people give for why its got to be one way or the other is just all BS if you ask me. Really its only peoples opinions that they are trying to back it up with supposed facts.

Personally I felt Prime in the movie was devoid of any emotion, poorly developed as a character, hell if it wasnt for Cullens voice I doubt there would be so much praise over the character. Cullen brings that character to life that would other wise be a blank slate of one liners.

So since all the anti G1 and pro G1 comments are only opinion based you can only really cast your vote and mine is obviously for the face plate. To say you have a factual reason is just BS. I mean BB seemed to me to be more emote able than prime and he lacked 90% of the face. Its all in the eyes baby :) 

Hell it wont feel like sound wave with out the faceplate sorry just my opinion

15. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i liked prime's lips...but i think taking soundwave's face mask away would really detract from his mysterious personality, and his monotonous voice.

16. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    with the detail that they gave in his facial expression i felt the exact opposite as you. i found that at all times i could understand exactly how prime was feeling, regardless of if he was speaking or not.

17. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Soundwave with lips?

Only if he knows how to use them. Amitrite?

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not lips, but I wouldn't object if he had a mouth. Just not lips. Prime looked okay with lips, as he was a "human"-ish designed head. But Soundwave, and most other 'Cons, are more alien.

19. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

Nope, can't picture SW with a face. His mouthplate IS his face.

20. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

No, but I bet they will gie him a mouth anyway..