Should Soundwave have been a Season 2 TF

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Aug 18, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

While TFP Soundwave seems cool, he doesn't really have a purpose in the show. Assuming he is going to do stuff in Season Two, I feel they should have waited till Season Two to bring him in.

Every thing Soundwave has done seems like it could be done by generic Decepticon troopers. TFPSW has detected Autobots and energy anomalies which I'm sure a generic could do with the Nemesis' sensors. He stopped Starscream from killing Megatron but was only able to because he represented the majority of opinions. Any generic could have done that. He has also hacked into some satellites. Maybe like on Earth, not every Con can hack but doing one thing once isn't worth a new character and a generic might have been able to hack. That is what generics are there for: a person who comes out of nowhere that has an ability which will never be needed again.
    [/Rant]

So, would you rather have it like it is and have Soundwave in Season one for the sake of having Soundwave or would you rather they waited till there was a need for him?

2. bio9205

bio9205 Knocked Out

In Soundwave's defence, this is going to be another "Soundwave needs to speak" thread.

3. soundwaverulls

Eh' I don't find that too annoying. And this is meant to be about his purpose not his personality.

4. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. He could be easily written out of the show but that would mean we wouldn't be getting that sweet-ass Deluxe toy next year, and Jose Lopez' design work is good enough for that to be a worthy reason.

5. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

Using the generic troopers for everything Soundwave did would get very annoying.
    Megatron: 'I need someone to do this!'
    Starscream: 'Don't worry, lord Megatron. The generic trooper standing over here just so happens to know how to hack this high-tech satellite.'

If the generic troopers could do anything, there was no need for the other decepticons. Megatron could just use a generic trooper as a second-in-command, as opposite of using Starscream (who he couldn't trust fully).

Soundwave is good as is.

6. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    No. Soundwave showing up later means I get a toy later. And I need more Prime toys NAO.

7. soundwaverulls

Yeah but Megatron is the leader and ( I am hoping) is planning something. Starscream has his own story and is now on his own side. Brakedown and Knockout are the two guy who are in every ep and their roles are bruiser and medic. Brakedown also has the Bulkhead and Mech story and Knock out is the first Metrosexual TF. That is why they are not generics.

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I thought Soundwave's job among the Cons is to report any dissenters to Megatron. That seems fairly important IMO, especially since the Vehicons and Minercons have been established to have personalities and differing opinions. I also find it interesting that he snapped that picture of the kids in Darkness Rising. I have a feeling that will be important very soon.

9. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Soundwave's little moments have had a major impact on the series thus far. No Soundwave would have resulted in a dead Megatron.

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

And in a non-rogue Starscream [he actually would still be leading without Soundwave's interruption] and Skyquake would still be buried.

Also, the ENTIRE PLOT of Darkness Rising, from start to finish, was heavily influenced by Soundwave's actions [Fowler's capture, the tracking of Arcee, the Mexican Stallite, e.t.c].

Soundwave is Megatron's loyalist and Starscream's "nemesis", he was pretty much the last branch of the Decepticon Army still loyal to Megatron instead of Starscream [See Sick Mind, where a good chunk of the plot consists on Starscream trying to find a way to kill Megatron without attracting Soundwave's wrath].

11. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    **No, Soundwave is the silent partner to Megatron.**

He's the "informant, loyal, and protector of the key player (a.k.a Megatron from any harm).

**His somewhat stagnant actions does not mean he's not wheeling and dealing in the background.**

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    No he's great as a Season 1 charecter, He's the silent and deadly pyscho that no one knows about.

Shockwave for Season 2.

13. ahunmaster

ahunmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Soundwave has had some potent use in Season 1. Do I think that maybe he could have done better if introduced in Season 2? I could think that possible, but I think that what's been done so far with him is alright. And as others have suggested, perhaps his actions now are essential to something bigger for him later on that requires his early presence.

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As long as he's based on Marvel Shockwave I can get behind that, no thank you to One Eyed Purple G1 Soundwave or chubby spy Lugnut.

15. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah. I'm glad he's in season 1. Gives him more time to be more ominous so it'll be even more exciting when he does get an episode. Plus, his interactions with Starscream were interesting. Generic Decepticon troopers can't spy 24/7 or have some form of authority like Soundwave does.

16. megapork

megapork Cheese

Im betting he does something really cool at the end of the season.

17. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Maybe he'll speak! Remember,his isn't like Bumblebee. He's not mute,just silent

18. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Reborn Comics Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would be so awesome if at the end of the season, it was revealed that he was a mole for Shockwave and was feeding him information about everything that had happened since Megatron returned.

19. megapork

megapork Cheese

I Really want him to scare miko and the other human children straight to deah.

20. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I want Soundwave to encounter the humans in the season finale as they're...doing something. He will then say something badass(can't think of something appropriate at the moment) and end his single line with "Yesssss!" He shall be voiced by David Kaye.