Should ROTF release date been pushed back?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ThaRizla, Jun 28, 2009.

?

Should ROTF release date have been pushed back?

Poll closed Aug 12, 2009.
  1. Yes. I could have waited another 6 months

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Yes. I believe this would have fixed these issues

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. No. I could not have waited any longer for the film

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. No. There is nothing wrong with this film.

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Who cares? The movie delivers action and robots blowing s*^t up!

8 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Just like the title says.

With the Writers Guild, and how detailed and hard the CGI is, this would have given them more time to make some of the scenes a little longer, develop a little more character, explain a few more things, and not make the ending look like it was just throw together in the last minutes.

Discuss!

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I honestly dont think it would of mattered.

As for making the scenes longer... this film was too long for as simple as it was. Making them longer would of been the wrong thing to do. Also IMO the CGI parts were fine its just the writing. (kinda ironic that Star Trek was penned by the same guys)

As for more characterisation for guys like jolt well we all knew he was a last minute addition I mean how much characterisation did we think he was going to get? frankly IMO he should of just been in the game or just the toy line.

3. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Taking into consideration the things that I dislike about this movie, I don't think that time would've mattered. So, no.

4. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

There's no doubt in my mind that the sloppiness of ROTF is a direct result of lack of time.

After the writer's strike ended, the team of writers were basically writing pages as fast as they could and handing them to Bay so he could begin prepping shots/sets/props/casting and what not. Essentially, no time for revisions or reflection. All things considered, they did pretty damn well. But that cut their post-production time short as well. I am confident that a lot could have been cleaned up with another two months of editing, and wouldn't have required hardly any new CGI shots either.

If you compared the Bumblebee scene from the showest footage to the final scene in the film, you can see that it is vastly improved. And it's all editing. There's no additional CGI. They used a couple different takes of Shia and cut the timing down a bit, and it's a significantly stronger scene because of it.

Another two months in the editing room and we'd have gotten a significantly better film.

5. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

Not necissarily every scene, but like Sideways having somewhat of a fight with Sideswipe.

And Demolishor not going down so easily.

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    if it had been pushed back for what ever reason it would have been butting heads with HP the Half Blood Prince

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Extra time would not have mattered. Michael Bay is not going to make a dense plot or anything. He is going to blow things up.

8. Usagi-Prime

Usagi-Prime FIRRIB

Transformers would do better than HP because all the fangirls left for that sparkling vampire guy. @_@

Compare: Transformers kicker or Harry Potter kicker
    win >

Anyway, if the movie date had been pushed back, Animated would've lived longer to at least complete the story. And we'd get something at least 1% better. Que sera sera.

9. Eric

Eric RIP AND TEAR!!!

News Credits:
    It wouldn't matter now, but yeah, I could have waited a few more months. At least then Bay would use that undersized brain of his to get rid of some of the unnecessary potty jokes, IMO.

10. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

This is a very tough question. The film simply wasn't finished when it was handed over to the distributors, and another 6-8 weeks would have done it justice. But that would have pushed the release to August at the earliest (a zombie month), Christmas (not ideal) or summer 2010 (not ideal, but much better). Now that it looks to be headed for a 400/800 run, I say Paramount should plunk another 18 mil down to finish it and release a Director's cut containing cleaner animation, tighter editing and a few narrative scenes to tie it all together.

11. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

There's no doubt that the movie was rushed given the writer's strike and the need to release by end of June. A few more weeks/months of writing and editing and the picture would've been much better. That's why I hope for #3 they can take as long as they want so the finished product can be so much better. I say shoot for 2014 release so they can have a year of layoff, a year of writing, and the rest of the time devoted to shooting and post production. But 5 years may not suit the studio's desire to make profit asap so look for the next one to come out in no more than 3 years.