Should Peter Parker and MJ Have stayed Married??

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by eagc7, Dec 9, 2009.

?

YES OR NO?

1. Yes

60.2%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fuck you Marvel and Quesada

55.4%
  4. Maybe

3.6%
  5. Who cares?

7.2%
  6. I havetn readed one mroe day but i hate the idea

6.0%
  7. i havent readed one more dya but i like the Idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Another Spider-man Thread, ok Becuase of the one mroe day storyline peter and MJ are nto married anymroe after maknig a deal with the devil for save aunt may life, and ppl arem ad at this, so i wanna ask If oyu gusy think ti wasa good idea or bad idea??, i WONT TELLL WHAT I THINK CUZ IF I DO YOU WILL KILL ME!!!!

2. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Of course they should, retconning something that big should have been a no-go from the start.

But then again this is Marvel we're talking about.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Wizard already did this poll the majority thought they should stay married and Aunt May should have died.

4. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Shinki,Braves,TF's Oh my!

^ This.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    One More Day is easily one of the worst ideas in comic book history. I look forward to its inevitable undoing.

6. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I wouldn't really have a problem with them splitting up if there was actually some thought/effort put into the story behind it.

But a major change brought about by a deal with the devil out of guilt to save the life of someone who actually wanted to die... is one of hte most idiotic things I've ever seen, read or heard of.

7. Fiy

Fiy Alien Velociraptor

News Credits:
    I don't really read Marvel. But as a fan of the movies when I heard about this I literally went "WTF!!!". Peter and MJ belong together. End of Story.

8. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Only way I could ever see peter and MJ splitting up and it working is if it involved Gwen being back from the dead and that in it self probably would be a really bad plot.

Joe Q only does things for shock value, he has no idea how to control a good on going story with charicters growing, having depth and anything with any real interest beyond OMG we're shaking up the whole marvel universe... again...this month... some people will die!!!! Shock we've brought them back again now some other people will die... rince repeat.

Really a monkey could do a better job.

9. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Personally as a writer I'm kind of offended when people with control over such long running and beloved characters decide they can't think of any stories without rewriting 20-some years of history. It shows total lack of creativity and respect to the fans of the character and to the writers and editors that came before.

Seriously, how awful of a writer are you when you approve an idea (make Mephisto do what we want done) that the writers of the CLONE SAGA threw out for being too awful?!

10. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Peter + MJ = OTP

11. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Worst idea ever in comics and one of the main reasons I stopped buying comics all together.

12. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I have a solid run from issue 190 - present day, I don't really give a rats ass as the book had been put through the ringer by some horrible editorial choice. By the time of Disassembled, The Other and Civil War there was very little left that resembled Spider-man.
    As long as I have Ultimate Spider-man I am happy, although I wish they hadn't renumbered arbitrarily.

13. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Isn't "Yes" and "F you Marvel and Quesada" pretty much the same thing? Well, anyway, I voted yes. Stupidest idea in Marvel's history.

14. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

Yeah but you can pick more than one option so go both.

15. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I wouldn't have minded half as as much if Peter and MJ split under normal circumstances. Divorce or what have you.

But the whole concept of OMD is just so retarted, and they've made themselves hypocrits from what I can tell.

"We don't want him to get a divorce because that would be a bad example for the kids. So let's have him make a deal with the lord of all evil. Then he can sleep around. Yeah, that's the ticket..."

16. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, I advocated divorce why back when OMD was rumored. It would have been a great story with actual character development, and real life troubles for Peter Parker, which was always the appeal of the character.

Though I did just buy the OMD hardcover from B&N for like $7. It wasn't a bad story of itself, but it just doesn't work as a Spider-man story. At the end, I half hoped that Peter would turn into Ghost Rider.

17. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I think Quesada is a bit of an arrested development case, seriously.

Peter in an ongoing relationship and marriage isn't relatable? Really? Maybe Joe doesn't have any luck with the ladies, but just about every comic fan I know of dates/is married/gets laid fairly regularly.

Isn't this just feeding into the stereotype of comic fans as dateless losers living in the basement? Guess what, thwy grew up and got lives. Notice the average age of comic readers is going up. Being with MJ made Peter more relatable, because he had to deal with having a mature relationship in addition to the rest of his life.

Not to mention that MJ was brave, supportive, and honestly added to the depth of the Spider-titles.

And yes, the method of this split is pathetic and ridiculous even by comic book standards. It is the laziest example of "a wizard did it" to be seen in recent history. The repercussions aren't even explored. Peter's unmasking directly affected the Civil War and Osborn's actions. But that gets casually tossed aside. That isn't ancient history, it was recent.

I also recall a little something about Peter being one of the more religious/spiritual characters in the Infinity Crusade, so of course, instead of trusting that Aunt May, of all people in the world, would go on to her well-deserved eternal reward (which was referenced when Peter was near-death after she "died" before) and finally be reunited with Ben, Peter makes a deal with the one of the more vile of all the Lord of the Splinter Realms, because that's what May would have wanted, obviously.

Lazy, undeveloped, and out-of-character. I literally have nothing good to say about it. They painted themselves into a corner during Civil War with the unmasking then chickened out.

- Coeloptera

18. matrixprime

matrixprime AJ's Toy Chest Owner

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I chose the Fuck You option. I was just getting into the idea of the enhanced spider powers and the totem aspects when boom OMD/BND. Not only was it a terrible idea, but they got greedy and brought back Harry for no good reason. SERIOUSLY WHO THOUGHT THIS WAS A GOOD IDEA? One of the main reasons I dropped marvel almost entirely and focus on Green Lantern right now. At least thats paying off in spades.

19. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I could go into a long rant about Marvel seeming hellbent on destroying their greatest comic book couples of all time, but I'm sure it's already been said better. The worst part though is HOW they keep doing it - Jean and Scott - adultery, Spidey and MJ - deal with the devil, Reed and Sue - I don't want to know, but weren't they next over the civil war mess then she got "killed" and yeah, whatever. I'm just so sick of it by now!

It's a good thing Disney owns Marvel now and not the other way around, because I don't think it would be beyond Quesada to break up Mickey and Minnie next!

Let me know when Marvel's couples get back to normal, Mr. Quesada. In the mean time I'll be reading Transformers and Blackest Night.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I have not bought a single Spider-Man comic since then, so no.

And I love how option number 3 is very popular. :D