Should Optimus Prime die?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Nov 15, 2008.

?

Should heroic Autobot leader Optimus Prime die?

Poll closed Feb 18, 2009.
  1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. No

90 vote(s)
    81.1%
  1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    I`ve been thinking... should Optimus Prime ever die in one of live-action movies?

I dont want him to be killed and replaced by someone like Hot Rod (hated G1 season 3 for that, until Prime showed up), or Ultra Magnus, not even Ironhide (if he lives that long).
    I want him and Megatron/Galvatron to have a battle that lasts for the last 30 mins of the movie (maybe movie 5, seen as they plan that much), but both leaders end up dieing. I would like to see him die, like this;
    Megatron/Galvatron`s still online with his mangeled body lieing there, his spark shown, Prime slowly crawls towards him, Megatron/Galvatron tilts his head towards him muttering "I still function." Optimus grabs Megatron/Galvatron`s spark and tears it out. Megatron/Galvatron gasps in pain.
    His last words are "Optimus Prime..."
    Optimus Prime later slowly dies in the sunset due to his brutal damage. Just before he dies, he mutters "Till all are one!"
    Seen as it would probaly be the last movie, it wouldent make that much of a impact on kids would it?
    So how would you guys want him to die, be replaced by Hot Rod, Magnus, Ironhide, ect.
    Or in a way I said.

If not, post what you think.

Btw I do feel he should die in the last movie.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I'm okay with Prime going down in a glorious final battle with his opposite number. Dunno if Hasbro would be though, especially after the events of 1986...

3. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't want him to die. It's happened too many times already.

And we don't want to traumatize a new generation.

4. ashion

ashion Well-Known Member

Killing him yet again in a movie would spark off what happened in 86'... not again thank you very much.

5. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I voted yes cause well...I just don't give a fuck anymore. Whatever is going to happen is going to happen.

6. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It would be foolish to kill Optimus Prime. He's an international superstar, who generates a ton of money for Hasbro. Plus, Prime is Bay and Orci's favorite character. So i can't imagine them killing him off. If they did, the fanbase would be enraged.

7. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Actrually, Bay`s fav is movie Bonecrusher

8. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Nah, just put him in a coma for a few movies and then bring him back.

9. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is right. Alot of kids and parents were upset at the theaters during the 86 movie. Some kids left the theaters crying after Prime was killed. I don't think Hasbro will make the same mistake.

10. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

mistake?

whats wrong with showing children death?its the one inescapable fact of life and further it shows you that transformers arnt invincible immortal gods,theyr living,mortal beings like us.when i was a kid it made me feel pretty emotional when prime died,and i like to feel emotion,even if its sadness.(not the best emotion you want to feel but its part of life)

hasbro may have just been making way for a new tf toy line,but they accidently created one of the best remembered death scenes in animated movie history.

plus,kids these days arnt the fragile little porcline dolls people think they are.they can handle it.

if they decide to kill him at the end of the live action movie series then thats cool,just make it meaningful.

and in any case,they can always ressurect him if people cry too much about it.hes been ressurected more times than jesus.

11. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    Thank you!!! This is what I have been trying to tell people!!!

But the deaths for kids thing....
    I had my b`day party for the first movie last year... couple of my friends had never watched the show... about 4 of them was bawling thier eyes out just cause BB lost his legs, I mean, I had a tear or two, but these kids got so attached. Mind you they were 13.

12. Mixmaster

Mixmaster 4F 68 A0 54 69 74 73 21

News Credits:
    No. Because he'll just come back, he always does.

13. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Optimus should die.
    He's a boring character with terrible plans.

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes, I think he should die. He should give his life at the end of the possible third movie, dying the ultimate hero's death and making way for the future with a new Autobot leader.

The problem with the 86 movie was that nobody ever died in the cartoons, then all of a sudden in the movie everybody is killed off to make way for new TF toys. This was really forced, but that doesn't mean that Optimus dying would be a mistake for the life action movies, in my opinion.

It would be a sad ending, but meaningful, and with a message.

15. Irony

Irony fangirl

I say no. At least in this storyline, he should survive. I understand that it's a tradition to kill him and let him come back, but I'm afraid this team would not be able to handle it right. Just at the 1986 movie's makers were not able to (I think). It's nice to see Sari "keying" him back in the Animated pilot episode, but it wouldn't work so well in a live-action film. It's a bit more serious. nd how about the others? Jazz, eg? If they bring Jazz back, it'd make Autobot deaths less shaking. If they don't bring him back, it'll be unjust to the less popular characters.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prime is so iconic now. It would be like killing Spider-man or Batman. The only reason it would be done is for shock value, and even then you know that they would bring him back. I think everyone is fair game to die in the movies, except Prime and Bumblebee.

17. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    For the love of Primus...no...

18. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And he got his head chopped....

Geez, I hate to find out what destiny Bay reserves to his most despised character...

19. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    Had to be Jazz...

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say no.

It's been done way too many times already. Instead of oh cool you are going to leave old fans saying oh not again and the new fans that don't know that Prime always comes back will be upset.

Plus they are just way too darn quick with the movie series to just kill off characters. I mean we knew nothing about the Decepticons that got killed so their death had no meaning, Megatron was on ice too long to have any meaning with his death, oh and poor Jazz got a whatever death. So I'd like them to cut back on the bot deaths across the board. Maybe bring back the old status lock from Beast Wars because when Dinobot chose to over-ride the program that would have saved him that made for a true heroic death.