Should Megs be brought back as Galvatron in the sequal?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Pikatron, Oct 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikatron

Pikatron Well-Known Member

Should Megs be brought back as Galvatron in the sequel?

I'm new to the 'search' function and I did one, but didn't find any specific threads dedicated to this question so I'm going to make one. How would you guys feel if Megs was brought back as Galvatron in the sequal?

Watching the movie, I thought that shoving the allspark into his chest would have a similar effect to what opening the matrix did to Hot Rod or what the 'ooze' did to the Shredder. The movie could start out with Starscream leading the Decepticons as a self-appointed leader. Megs... err Galvatron could then show up later and retake his position.

2. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

i think soundwave should be the main villian in the second movie (and megs just in the background), and then in the third - galvatron should make an entrance

3. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

i say shockwave,then bring in megs/galvatron to shred him,then take over again.soundwave never struck me as the type to take over.

4. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

^I see what you mean, but since (complete speculation) soundwave is likely to have a big part in the second movie, it seems that it would be the logical step to have him as the "active antagonist" and megs as the... uhm, in-active (in lack of a better word) but more dangerous antagonist.
    I say this 'cause megs will likely be at the bottom of the sea for quite some time and i dont think he will be able to do anything until someone comes and rescue him...

Or I could be completely wrong - maybe megs will wake up very soon cause of some nuclear explosion or something like that does something to him...

But I would prefer if soundwave is the main villain (he doesnt need to be the leader of the 'cons, only the most dangerous of them)

Sort of... i'm tired so maybe I dont know what I'm saying... sorry about that ;) 

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Megs lead, Soundwave follow. and if Meg is away from battle then Starscream leads. If any get a bigger role in the movie sequal, it will be Starscream.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

But Megatron wasn't exactly the main villain in this movie. When do you think Megatron should be the main villain?

7. obin_gam

obin_gam Cenobiteconbot

Then who was the main villain then? I certainly thought megs was the villain in this movie - sure he didnt get so much screentime (compared to, lets say frenzy) but I cant see anyone else be the "big V" in this...

8. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

I wouldn't mind if he was Galvatron as long as he was reformatted ala the original Transformers movie.

I can't stand the whole "you still look the same but we're just gonna call you a different name 'cause your color is different" thing.

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

No. Instant fail.

Animeformers ruined that.

10. decepticon665

decepticon665 the amazing bored-man!

in defense of my shockwave idea,i remembered where i got it:marvel's tf #4,leading from the mini into the ongoing.

11. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Introducing Galvatron in TF2 is too early... we never got around Meg's personality nor intentions as such in TF1.

12. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    if megs was active from the start of the first movie, it wouldve lasted around 10 minutes, cause he was pretty much a badass. the less sightings of megatron would mean more movie time, unless the autobots have somebody just as mean on their side. i think shockwave would be an interesting addition as a leader. also, who is going to reformat megatron? there is no unicron. yet.

13. BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751

BlkPrime_WFCTX_57751 Well-Known Member

megatron should be brought back to life cuase he is such a badass. When i took out of the dam and across the water that was one of my favorite scenes of the movie

14. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    NO Galvatron, please.

15. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Give Megatron more time, that's what I say. In fact I would like to see a lot more original characters before they bring in the original movie cast. Sure I like Magnus and Hot Rod, but Prowl, Hound, Trailbreaker etc.. They should have first dibs in the next movie.

In fact a Chevy Trailblazer was the role Trailbreaker was born to play!

16. Witwicky Camaro

Witwicky Camaro Sabbatical Is Required

News Credits:
    Yeah, no Galvatron in the movieverse. I like Megatron, straight and true, but who knows if he'll return. Shockwave is an interesting Villain, but he's more of a work for my leader behind the scenes/his back kinda guy.

17. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

No Galvatron just yet. Like some said here, Megatron didn't get a great "character-build-up." Plus, other people were saying a while back of "how did Megatron learn English", and I don't know if this has been said yet, but being kept in a top secret defense orginization's "hideout," there would have to be some computers in there, and thus he would've learned English by downloading info from the computers. Plus: who knows what else Megatron downloaded from them?

He might know something that not even the Autobots or Decepticons know about. (Dum-dum-dummmmmmm!!!)

18. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    If Galvatron has to be in it, he should be a Decepticon soldier following Starscream, who gets taken over by Megatron's Allspark empowered spark when they find his body.

19. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Its not the cartoon we remember back in the day.

Its the movie version of Transformers where changes are made regularly.

I don't care if Megatron comes back as Galvatron or he is a completely new character. As long as the story is good and the movie is exciting and he is totally badassed, that is the main thing that matters.

The movie is great, the reaction is positive and that means that the fanboys have accepted the changes, at least more than 90% of them.

20. moocow

moocow God.

I'd like to have Galvatron in tf2 but to me Megatron was barely even in the first movie. I think Megatron should be in tf2 and then Galvatron in tf3.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.