Should Megatron be painted in the next movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shizuka, Jun 10, 2010.

?

Should Megatron be painted to match his G1 counterpart?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

43.2%
  3. I'm not sure

20.5%
  1. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I'm just being thoughtful here. Imagine that parts of him was painted appropriately to match his G1 counterpart such as painting his head white in a way that would indicate a helmet etc. He would still be mostly silver. I don't have photoshop so I can't do a digibash. And I'm not a geewunner.

2. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    When seeing some movie customs, I found that most bots had the different parts of them better distinguishable, so I would welcome some of them be painted in more colors, because in action you often just see metal parts and don't know what actually is flying through the air. Just a jumble of metal. At least the faces should be better recognizable.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

It could work. But any repainting of characters to match (or at least more closely resemble) their G1 selves by the filmmakers would perhaps represent an admission on their part that they got it wrong in the first place.
    It's like if in TF3 Ironhide turned up all red, Prime had no flames and Ratchet was white then it would be seen as the designers saying something to the effect of "ok you fanboys were right all along, here's your geewun. Happy now?"
    And Michael Bay for one would never allow that to happen. He loves doing things his own way just cos he wants to and doesn't really give two shits what the audience thinks, whether it be the fandom or general public.

I'm not trying to speak on behalf of the fandom btw, regarding their liking or disliking of the movie designs... ;) 

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    no, This nto g1, this is movie verse, the bots will haev their own colors

5. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Totally regardless of whether or not this is G1 or not G1 or whatever, I will say that if Megatron had some more color to him, I think it'd be easier to distinguish him, on camera, during some of the fight scenes and large-scale battle scenes. One of the things I found semi-frustrating during the first movie and ROTF was that you'd have a group of robots fighting each other, many of which were silver/chrome/brushed steel...and then the camera would ZOOM IN on these robots, making it even more difficult to look for discernable traits (Megatron's ugly mug, Starscream's wings, etc.)

Adding some color to the all-chrome robots involved in the battle scenes - especially if the director (Bay) plans to stick with his current method of "filming" the robot-on-robot melee - could certainly help the audience follow the action a bit more clearly.

...and, again, this is PURELY based on possible ideas that would make the film easier to follow, regardless of continuity or universe or whatever. Megatron could be pink, for all I care, so long as he had enough color to be quickly picked out of a scene with 5-6 robots, obscured by dust, shooting at things off-camera, so that I, as a casual film-goer, could go "Oh, THERE's the evil leader dude."

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    This! I never really knew which robot I saw, except for Prime, Bumblebee and Megatron most of the time. Until now they are totally exchangeable. Most bots would not even need a name either, because it makes no difference.

7. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

he should be white but with cybertronian tattoos. but bigger ones than starscream had and maybe red cybertronian tribals on his face.

8. Skyjack

Skyjack Well-Known Member

I think Megatron should paint red tattoos in areas similar to g1. But use the blood from the massive amount of human corpses that are going to pile up in TF3! Now thats nasty, but effective. :) 

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

No, keep him as he is.

10. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    YES! THIS! Now THAT'S an evil goddamn warlord.

11. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Nope. The design has been similar the last two movies, and it doesn't need to change for the third.

12. reptileman

reptileman Well-Known Member

Only as Galvatron.

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I can recognise character easily.

14. Jetbolt

Jetbolt Maximal Air Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Handle):
    No what's the point of doing that? There's been two movies and this appears to be the last. It be rather goofy to change it now.

Just save it for the toy line, like that black Megatron.

15. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean paint him white? No. However I think that his head should be a little more G1.

16. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Paint him any way you please, just use several different colors. I'm tired of monochromatic Megatron toys, they just look boring/not visually appealing.

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Considering G1 Megatron was mostly Silver to begin with, the only parts of him that would actually warrant any painting is the crotch and legs (and the latter already has the black treads, just lacking the interior red detail). The cannon arm would also probably be justified being made black, but that's about it.

Frankly, I just want Megatron to have a body with two arms that DOESN'T look like a total peice of crap (Movie 1 body) or a hideously flawed mutant (ROTF). Simply make the cannon arm and chest lest bulky and allocate that to a decently sized left arm on the existing ROTF design and I'll be happy. Oh, and make the toy's cannon arm have at least an elbow joint.

18. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    I'd still like to see him get an Earth mode, but just repainting him seems kinda pointless to me.

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

Get rid of the rust and make him shinier! :p