Should Matt Tieger Be Considered to Direct Transformers 5?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by malcontentman, Sep 1, 2012.

?

Should Matt Tieger Direct Transformers 5!?...

Poll closed Mar 4, 2015.
  1. Hell Yeah!

24 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. Nope, No Film Cred to date

52 vote(s)
    68.4%
  1. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I know he is a video game director and has never touched a blockbuster movie frachise, and TF 4 hasn't even been released yet, but Tieger really understands these charactes and the community and did an amazing job with FOC. It would be great if Hasbro and the studios considered him. What do you think?

Also, many props to like minded board members:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
  2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I think, myself, that it would be a shot in the dark to hire a video game maker to act as a director, completely different fields. Keep them apart, keep them apart.

Maybe as creative consultant, but seriously, he has no experience whatsoever in film-making, I don't think he'd do any good job in manking a coherent movie.

3. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

Sure the games are sweet, what of we got to loose.

4. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Transformers 5: Space T-Rex Harder
    Written by Simon Furman
    Directed by Matt Tieger.

5. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Somebody was partially responsible for something I liked, they should totally do the next Transformers movie(s), THEN they'd be amazing.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    Isn't Matt Tiger the FOC "SPACE T-REX!!!1!"-guy?

Personally I wish they just stopped at three movies. I'll see the fourth. And I'll see a fifth. I'll see them as long as they keep making live-action Transformers movies - be they Bayformers or [insert new director's last name here]formers - I just want live-action Transformers. But even for a fifth movie I personally don't want him as a director. Creative/visual consultant? Sure. Director? Preferably not.

7. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No. He has no experience in the film industry.

8. malcontentman

malcontentman Cybertronian James Cagney

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    How about they at least hire him as creative consultant on all things Grimlock?

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are we seriously already talking about TF5?? Who said there is even going to be a TF5? And sorry but no, don't know the guy you are talking about so he probably isn't euqipped nor has the experience to handle a huge big budget franchise such as the transformers.

Hell even Joss Whedon was scared of doing the Avengers. I watched an interview with him and the interviewer asked him if there was ever a point where he was frightened of doing this movie. Joss WHedon replied:
    "yah there was a point where my wife and I were sitting in the living room we were watching a movie and all of a sudden I though 'oh God avengers is QUITE large' and I was suddenly having this panic attack thinking how in the world I was going to accomplish this..this...feat"

10. tfomegaprime

tfomegaprime tail pipe

Dude you're going a bit to far .Nobody even know if there's gonna be a Transformers 5.Heck even Trans4mers hasn't even been written.You gotta slow way down.I'm sure a video game maker wont be able to make a movie because he doesn't have any experience in making movies and 70 million dollars to make it.The most amount of money he probably has is about 12 dollars.

11. Avengers

Avengers Banned

No,I want James Cameron to direct the TF5 movie.

12. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

No please not James Cameron anybody but him, I'm sorry but to me he would completely ruin TF's even worse than Bay.

13. Baird

Baird bug-stomper

I'd like him to have some creative input as far as designs and story go, WFC/FOC have amazing campaigns.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Why?
    Sure he directed some imperfect movies in his past, but he also directed Aliens. Which is and always will be the best movie ever made. As well as the brilliant and influential Terminator. Even, imo, his most overrated movies, Titanic and Avatar, were met with huge acclaim.
    Some of Michael Bay's most notable movies that he has directed are the TF trilogy, Nightmare on Elm Street remake and Pearl Harbour. That speaks for itself.

They are incomparable directors. One is brilliant, one is not.

THAT BEING SAID, I don't see how James Cameron's style would work with Transformers. I'm sure it'd be better then Michael Bay's "style", but they could probably find a director more suited for the role.
    Matt Tieger however is a video-game developer, very different from a film director.

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's be honest, Bay will not give up the franchise while it earns him money. Hasbro will not stop Bay from making films while he earns them money. We can probably expect atleast three more films before they stop.

Joss Whedon pulled it off because he went back to the basics, looked at comics, got source material, found out character traits and what the fans wanted. He pulled it off because he was so scared and thrust into a position he had responsibility.

16. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    James Cameron's great films were made in the 80s. Since then, his movies have beem very lackluster. Avatar is just like ROTF, just with better editing, and all the action crammed at the end.

James Cameron has coasted on the hype machine for almost 20 years. Hes Bay with better editing skills (he doesnt do sloppy jump cuts, and puts films together more competently. But he's essentially the same director! Arrogant, thinks too much of his ideas, and none of his characters (aside from Ripley and Ahnuld) are even kinda memorable. Seriously, who still cares about Avatar?

Cameron was brilliant in the 80s... Now? He's just average. It happened to Lucas and Spielberg too. No more directors will big egos please.Find someone who can adapt the characters, not nameslap their way through the franchise. Shit like Optimus Prime having more in common with Grimlock than the Prime characters before him.

Id rather have Bay again. At least he makes it a big dumb action fest. Cameron would make each character a lame archtype, and have no fights till the last 45 minutes.

Give me a Joss Whedon,a Jon Fauvreau... Someone who will let Transformers look and act like Transformers.

17. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Wow, hey, slow down. Already speaking of TF5, sigh.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

To be fair with this, Bay actually didn't want to make TF4, Paramount lured him back to the director chair by basically taking away his pet project ["No Pain No Gain"] and saying he'd only have it if he made TF4.

And I still think you guys aim either too wildly [i.e a man with zero experience in filmmaking to directr a movie] or too high [i.e James Goddamn Cameron, one of the most famous and also egocentric directors of all time, who sure as Hell doesn't care about a bunch of toy films].

I still say, we should pick Gore Verbinsky from the POTC trilogy [he didn't direct the fourth due scheduling issues]. Good humour, memorable characters [Rango, Rattlesnake Jake, Jack Sparrow, Davy Jones...], awesome action scenes [dat maelstrom battle in POTC3], good story.

19. PrimesRule

PrimesRule Banned

News Credits:
    I agree. If Verbinsky is into science-fiction like Transformers, he'd be a great candidate for the director's chair. And really, the POTC sequels are not as bad as most others say. At least the story is more interesting and nearly all the characters are given their moments to truly shine.

20. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Agreed.