Should Maketoys release an upgrade for yellow giant?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red Snarl, Sep 9, 2012.

?

Would you like a Yellow Giant upgrade?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That makes a bit more sense. For me though, even if I didn't own the yellow version, I wouldn't vote no, simply because it's easy to look at the green and yellow versions and see where the upgrades on the green are pretty beneficial.

2. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    If the upgrade from yellow giant makes it even more diff from green giant, I'd probably put more thought into it.

3. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought it would be obvious that this thread was for owners of yellow giant. Why would anyone bother voting if they didn't own one as it wouldn't affect them at all.

Still sad and surprised to see that more people are voting no. I thought that if people were willing to get TFC to release new forearms to make Herc more G1 then maybe we could get an upgrade that actually improves upon one of the base figures.

Oh well, I guess it was a pipe dream anyway. About as likely as Hasbro doing up the rest of the classics Dinobots.

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I don't understand this. Does it mean you expected one answer over another? I thought it was a poll to see what the members on this site, thought about it?

5. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    It just means that he had an assumption of how the voting would go.

6. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is, I was just hoping more people would vote yes.

7. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

I voted yes because I'd just want the longer forearms. Maybe a set G1/cartoon accurate heads. I'd probably grab those too.

8. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

This is most certainly not the case. I love the Yellow version of Giant and have no interest in owning the green version. However, the green received much welcome attention the problematic areas that existed in the yellow set. No one can deny that the upgrades in green addressed design flaws that existed in yellow. Everyone that talked about their yellow set on reviews or discussions pointed those flaws out.

On a side note, could you try and keep this discussion civil? You coming on here and suggesting that people are whining or crying about this topic does nothing to contribute to the discussion. You're also incorrect in your assessment of no one talking about this topic if the green version was never released. We did talk about it.... A LOT when yellow was first released. Now that green has arrived, it's only natural that some of us would like to revisit the possibility of receiving these promising upgrades.

You don't agree? That's fine. Just try to avoid derogatory comments.

I think if it were purely being voted on by Yellow owners the results would be a lot different. I am sure there would still be some "No" votes, but nowhere near as skewed as it currently stands. I have a suspicion that these results are nowhere near accurate in demonstrating the amount of people who would welcome the upgrades.

9. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    Im with Hellbot. I have multiples of both, and IRS a blatant fact that the green version comes with substantially more at the same price. It's not bitching to want to see yellow be equivalent..

10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    No. Let the ones who bought Yellow Giant suffer.

:p 

11. Carpool

Carpool Well-Known Member

I own Yellow Giant. I believe that Yellow Giant was a trial run of sorts. They did what they could with the amount of funds they had. The limitations in engineering I feel are what separates the two from being palette swaps. Theyre the same but subtle differences like the shorter arms or the crane being stuck where it is give it a unique prototype kind of vibe that I really dig. If the did ANYTHING Id go for a new crane with a mobile hook. Thats just a screw. If you cock that up you dont deserve to have it in the first place. Id also buy a completely new Not- Scrapper. His inarticulate shoulders bug the ever loving crap out of me and Ill be damned if I cut up something that expensive. I think that even with these faults however...just like a quirky girl they still add to the over all feel of uniqueness and give Yellow giant a solidarity that distinguishes itself from Green.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    "Because it makes it different despite being worse!"

The new crane can attach to the back of Hook in multiple different ways and can be used as a melee weapon. Removing the screw does not accomplish that at all.

That's like saying that the Rage set for Herc shouldn't have come out. I personally didn't like it at because reasons, but I think its awesome people have the option to add on more.

13. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

I know you're joking, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is the mentality behind some of the voting.

14. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Should Maketoys make an upgrade for their own inferior product? Heck, why not. :D 

15. Kuma Style

News Credits:
    The part that stinks the worst about it is that I genuinely like the colors on yellow better.

16. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    If they wanted to do a real head, that'd be cool. Otherwise there's all that kotobaya or whatever stuff out there (mace, chainsaw, etc) so I'm good. That chainsaw is the best [however many] yen I've ever spent, but the longest 60 minutes of assembling ever.
    Alas, on to Computron.

17. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm amazed, astounded and various other superlatives that 'No' is currently leading the poll.

I own Yellow Giant, I love my yellow Giant, does that mean it's perfect and couldn't be better in any way? Hells no. Maketoys learnt a lot from us yellow Giant owners. They learnt where fans thought it could be improved, and they made those improvements on the Green release so that Green owners can have an even better Giant. The improved moulds exist, it's only a case of putting yellow plastic in them for the most case.

It will make them a few extra quid, and make some yellow Giant owners even happier. No brainer imo.

18. deaculpa

deaculpa Stand Alone Complex

News Credits:
    I actually prefer the shorter arms and original crane on yellow. I wouldn't buy much of anything for giant except a head, preferably a 5 pack of variants so knew I wouldn't need anymore.

So yes, in my eyes, he is perfect except for the head.

Edit: flying bulldozer would be cool.

19. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Regardless, the option for the Green Giant improvements should be made available for those of their Yellow Giant customers who do want them. It doesn't make your Giant any less special to you if you don't buy it, but would make mine better for me when I do.

20. Bruticus11

Bruticus11 White Elephant Hunter

Ebay:
    Leave them 2 different styles,