Should Maketoys release an upgrade for yellow giant?

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Red Snarl, Sep 9, 2012.

?

Would you like a Yellow Giant upgrade?

1. yes

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. no

38 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dose any one else want to see maketoys release an upgrade for yellow giant with the new parts from green giant, even if its just the parts for hook/mobile crane?

Pics of what I'm talking about:

Green giant crane (also has a possible hook at the end)
    [​IMG]

can make a weapon for giant (would also require 2 new guns to make)
    [​IMG]

Yellow crane is stuck on the arms
    [​IMG]

new head that can look up
    [​IMG]

2. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

nope.. it keep them unique from one another, u give them the upgrade then its 2 identical figures only different by color.

So I say NO!

Yellow Giant is SPECIAL!!!

3. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

People are actually voting no?

It's an improvement, why would anyone be against it? Before the green version came out, all people complained about was the hook on Mobile Crane. Now that MT provides a fix, owners of Yellow are going to turn away the potential opportunity to fix that problem? Yeah, I don't buy that.

Fix issues found in yellow Giant? Yes please.

EDIT: Would the people voting "No" mind posting why they feel a fix shouldn't happen?

4. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    I vote yes. Options are always a good thing.

5. Trent

Trent Froody

News Credits:
    I reckon the people that are voting no are those who own green giant.:thumbs2: 

6. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I own both and I voted NO!

7. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I own Yellow only and I still voted no. I don't see the reason of upgrading what is already a fine toy. I like the Yellow Giants head more than the green and I like the look of the join where the crain joins the body on the Yellow Version compared to the green.

For all the effort of having to change my existing toy for an "addon set" that would require me to take apart what is already now a very expensive toy I own the risks and potential costs far outway the benifit of giving my toy a feature I don't really see the need of (a crain to use as a weapon...).

Also bare in mind, Maketoy's addon set for G2 Optimus Prime used to snap the neck off the toy. So while an upgrade might be possible if you guys ever get what you're wishing for, don't rush through upgrading it. Last thing you want is a US $230.00 toy being ruined (that's how much Hook is going for on ebay at the mo) and by the time an upgrade set came out it'll be even harder to replace and far more costly.

8. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

Same here

9. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Without a customization the yellow version of Mobile Crane is a difficult figure to pose, have stand on his own or place in him an area that doesn't allow for much room. None of the other bot modes have this problem. It was generally agreed that this was a huge flaw in the figure. Having his crane be removable alleviates all of those problems. It's an extremely easy fix, one that should pose no danger to the integrity of the toy nor should it be difficult to install. All this talk about potentially damaging the figure makes little to no sense.

Anyway, I think the OP should have clarified the question in the poll. The thread title asks "SHOULD" they make an upgrade for yellow giant while the poll question asks "Would you like a Yellow Giant upgrade"? Completely different questions imo. While I can see how some people wouldn't care for an upgrade, I find that suggesting they SHOULD NOT make an upgrade for those that are interested a bit troubling.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I vote YES.

We NEED the new crane part, and the new Giant crotch with increased posability would be really cool too. I'd settle for just the crane though.

Don't want it? Cool. Don't buy it.

11. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It confuses me to see people voting no for additional options. It really makes no sense to me at all.

If the optional upgrades were out, and you didn't want them... you just wouldn't buy them.

Whether it's SHOULD they make, or if I WOULD buy it: My answer is yes.

12. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. The whole reason I want to trade mine is for the new Crane and the head articulation alone. Better leg articulation also helps.

I really don't see why people are voting no. With all the improvements us yellow owners seemed to have been beta testers.

13. Sully

Sully Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I read the question more than the topic. So when I voded no it was for my own reasons on my own toy.

Which is would I like an "upgrade" set. To which I don't. And voted acordingly.

If they Should or Would and what means for other people I'm not really fussed, that is there own choice. I'm happy with my Yellow Giant, if others are not and are willing to take the risk of an upgrade is up to them. It's their toy after all. Hope for those that want it, they get it and that it doesn't ruin their toy during the upgrade process.

14. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

I think the ones that votes yes can't see what an awesome figure they have in front of them as it is. You go and start modding/upgrading your just gonna have the same tihng as everyone else. Right now wach set has its own distinctive differences. That set was limited release and...

ya know what.. it just comes down to that no one is happy w/ what they go and gotta want something else. If maketoys never made the green version this thread woud never come to light, people were satisfied w/ the yellow the way it was and they even found ways to make it better. So why whine and cry about something you may never even get?

I love both Green Giant and Yellow Giant each has a special place in my collection and even though they are similar molds I can say that they have unique differences that sets them apart. I've never been one for repaints and if they gave the upgrades to make it like GG then its just another repaint..

15. Wu Jen

Wu Jen Some old nobody

I think its how the question is worded and asked. Anyone without a yellow giant could really care less. I understand where the op is coming from but the poll should have been directed at owners of yellow giant to see if there was enough response to contact Maketoys.

16. Red Snarl

Red Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's pretty much what I meant to ask, Should they. Is there a way to chang the question?

17. TENIME_art

TENIME_art Ethically Challenged

Ebay:
    I voted "no" because I'm trying to sell mine.

18. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    I voted "no" on the basis that if it takes them more resource and time I'd rather them do another combiner. And speed up that process.

Yellow giant is fine as it is. I have both yellow and green and love them both.

19. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I voted no because it might include the derp head...the less of those fugly things out there, the better.

20. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I find it hard to believe that people don't want at least an upgraded head.