Should Lockdown be included in Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by RedWolf, Jul 10, 2011.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Ratchet now has a magnetic device. Should a Prime version Lockdown come calling?

2. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Isn't Airachnid essentially Lockdown and Blackarachnia combined?

3. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Lockdown would be good for Prime. Someone who's neither Decepticon nor autobot. Meaning there are other Cybertronian factions out there.

And its noticeable. Animated Ratchet had magnetic powers, now this Ratchet has the polarity gauntlet with magnetic powers. I like how this series might be adding more concepts from animated.

Though, I don't think Animated Ratchet's magnetic powers were as powerful.

4. Stygimoloch

Stygimoloch ROBOT! JET! ROBOT!

News Credits:
    I may be the only one whose picked up on this, but don't the Eradicons look kind of like Lockdown? Maybe he's like Jango Fet. A mercenary that sold his design to Megatron to make an ideal army.

5. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Why does that idea sound awesome! Wait, cause it is:bowdown: 

Just take away the head and give one with an actual face(maybe make a few other minor adjustments like a claw hand and black coloration) and you have the perfect design for Prime Lockdown.

6. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

I do love Lockdown, and think he would be a great addition to the cast. That said, I'd like him to have something to make him different from Airachnid; having both as they are would be redundant.

Also, Lance Henricksen or bust. He's the only one that can voice Lockdown.

7. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

Only if Lance Henricksen can voice him.

8. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, the way I see it there is some difference between him and Airachnid. For one, he's probably not a sociopath but a business person, with good people skills. He has to, to get as much jobs as possible. It probably also means, that if things turn bad, he'd probably think its time to renegotiate the price.

Also he doesn't get things just as trophies, he gets stuff so that he could use it himself. He's an upgrade junkie, getting the latest weaponry by any means, it just so happens that involves stealing it from other Cybertronians.

I don't think he'd have much need for human parts.

Also in animated he was a cyber ninja trainee that turned bad and was thrown out.

That said, he'd probably not be a devoted follower of Megatron. He'd probably give his service to the highest bidder. Good or bad. After all, in animated he did get hired by Sentinel to capture some cons. Too bad, Sentinel got outbidded.

9. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Lockdown and Drift.

10. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    We already have Wheeljack though. I think he can be slotted into any potential plotlines that would possibly require Drift.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I'd agree, but someone did suggest in another thread sometime ago about the idea of Ron Perlman voicing a TFP Lockdown. I'd totally be down with that, if they couldn't get Lance back for whatever reason.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't see anything that Lockdown could add to the show right now. We don't have a ninja to get his master killed, we already have a rogue Decepticon.... he'll only be relevant if the Decepticons need a bounty hunter, which they do not right now.

Plus we arleady got alot of TFAsimilarities and that show just ended, i'd rather see somebody from older generations showing up now or else it'll feel too similar to a show that is relatively new like TFA.

13. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Lockdown? I will kill for him to be in the series.

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Arcee's style seems to be rather ninja influenced though. And she is similar Animated Prowl except she's a girl. Who knows, maybe he could have been another one of her partners.

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, as long as we don't get bad cheesy stuff like CYBER NINJA DOJO and NINJA MAGIC SAVING THE DAY I'm fine.

16. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

If Lockdown would show up in TFP, his character doesn't have to be exactly the same to Animated's version.

Maybe in the Prime universe he could be an ex Wrecker.

17. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I think Breakdown's a better fit for that.

18. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Hasbrown'd

So... maybe more like Death's Head? A 'freelance peacekeeping agent' of sorts?

Ooh. Make me shiver, why don't you. :D  I could see it, though thanks to Teen Titans, I'd rather see Perlman play a schemer character. Still a good alternate to Lance, though.

As for Lockdown's origins, he doesn't even need to be connected to the Autobots. In the IDW G1 comics, he's just a Decepticon who happens to specialize in bounty hunting. Maybe in Prime, he could be a *gasp* neutral! They did have those on Cybertron, after all.

19. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

Hmm...You know that oddly never occurred to me. But now that you mention it, it does seem like that may end up being the history between him and Bulkhead.

I always got the impression that Lockdown was suppose to be a Death's Head homage. In fact, apparently his ship was called the Death's Head. At least according to the Allspark Almanac, anyway.

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I had that same idea too.

^This.