Should I...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Suchus Prime, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Suchus Prime

Suchus Prime Well-Known Member

I don't know why but for some reason I have fallen in love with generations/ universe/ classics designs but I only collect movieverse stuff. Should I sell off all my movie tf's so I can collect the more g1 styled bots? The main reason why I ask this is because classics/ henkei jetfire mold has been the "cherry of my eye" lately ever since a friend of mine had one on his desk (he doesn't even collect tf's he just bought it because it looked cool). But then I saw Universe hot rod and just had too have the mold too. I am so confused I am losing all love for movie tfs and growing interested in these more g1 bots. Are they as good as pictures make them look?

2. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    I'm feeling this too, ever since I got RTS Jazz.

3. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes buy Classics, but if you can keep the good movie toys. They're still awesome.

4. Kuma Style

Kuma Style On Military Leave TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Just keep your movie stuff and start buying classics too.

5. Suchus Prime

^I would if I could but I am low on dough (yes I was bored and decided too rhyme).

6. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    There are some classics mold that I would avoid. But there's only a few. Among those are Hot Rod. Don't get him. If anything, get Titanium, and even then it's not that great.

7. nelodiavolo

nelodiavolo Transformer Nerd

News Credits:
    Kind of did this with ROTF. I bought lots if movie figs, but ended up selling most of them except for Leader classes and HA.

Generations, RTS, and Botcon figs have been my favorites these past two years.

I'm being picky with DOTM and not buying as much as the last two films.

8. Suchus Prime

What's wrong with the deluxe mold despite it being over priced (damn you protector armor!!)?

9. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    There's really nothing wrong with it. It's a great update and combined with the Protector armor it's even better.

10. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    I'm not a fan of the Hot Rod mold, but keep what you really like of the movieverse figs and sell the rest. Classics is a great line.

11. Suchus Prime

Any idea on the price of classics jetfire?

12. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Decide if you really want ALL the movie figures you have. If you're just gonna end up rebuying some of them then you should keep those. Sell the others.

Some of the the older classics may drop in value or at least the used ones because a lot of fans are gonna be selling their old classics to get the new DOTM and TF: Prime figures so you could just wait for good deals to pop up.

13. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    had a similar issue when ROTF ended i saw a classics sideswipe setting on the shelf and got him and fell in love with the classics designs. sold off the rotf toys i didnt like on the shelf (doubles of characters due to better molds and size classes) .

i am lucky enough to be albe to afford btoh and they are great lines, i say pick up the ones you really like.

nothing is really wrong with hod rod but i look at him like i do the seeker mold... they are great but compared to some of the newer stuff they are a bit dated

14. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

Ebay:
    CHUGS will probably hold their value better, and yes, they are as good as they look in pictures, if not better.

15. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Classics is the best line of TFs since G1 back when we were kids. It is everything I ever wanted out of transformers. Whenever I bought a toy prior to classics, I bought it cause it was a good homage. Classics are the modern G1 and rendered everything else useless. This is MY opinion of course.

16. seali_me

seali_me Buhawi Gabay-Tala

good luck on selling movie toys, you'll need it. maybe only a very select few.

17. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Keep what you like of the movie toys, get only what you like of the Classics.

Classics completists are the most slavish of plastic crack junkies. They've seen the edge, it's always just one more figure away. Nobody can stop them or help them now, they've gone too far and put too much cash in to this thing.

Stop before you become a Classics completionist.

Or just get Mirage, Hound, a single seeker, the Prime mold, Jetfire, Scourge, Cyclonus, WreckGar, the Inferno mold, Jazz, Wheeljack, Lugnut and Onslaught.

Maybe Galvatron, too, if you get Cyclonus & Scourge. Otherwise, it just looks odd.

18. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    around $50 i think, last i checked, but you may be able to score one for less.

classics (original run) i had before the movie figures, but they kind of retroactively did it when looking at the shelf and trying to decide what to display. the movie figures got boxed and given away

imo go for it, but try to keep the movie figures you actually enjoy

19. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Yes, really, there is.
    He's gonna be paying inflated prices for an under-articulated figure, with little resemblance to the animation model. If you wanna drop ANOTHER 80 on the protector armor, then be our guest, but he said he was kinda short on cash. Don't encourage him to waste his money on something that really isn't that great. XD

20. TheDemonDzko

TheDemonDzko °-{[●□●]}-° {Beep. Boop.)

Woah woah woah, The Rodimus mold is still a good mold, and he doesn't need to pay tooth and nail for it, he could just get the battle in space pack. Duh?