should I watch Armada, energon, and cybertron.

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by ANDROID PRIME, Feb 8, 2008.

1. ANDROID PRIME

ANDROID PRIME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ive watched the first few episodes of armada when it first came out and was unimpressed. I found it very hard to watch. I love every other transformers cartoon out there. ( RID was hard to watch sometimes). should I just suck it up and force my way through. Is it worth the time of watching it or should I just continue to pretend that it doesnt exist.

2. Sangron

Sangron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Just watch the last 5 episodes of each.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watch the last 13 or so episodes of Armada, the TV-Nihon sub of Galaxy Force, and skip Energon entirely. That's the best way to get anything out of these shows.

4. Blaster_Prime

Blaster_Prime drank the last beer

I found Energon somewhat interesting...but then again I only watched the first few episodes of it...I thought Megatron waking up and beating the snot out of Skorpinok was pretty bad ass.

5. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Yes, just so you'll be caught up in future TFGD discussions.

Every little tidbit you watch will be discussed about here eventually.
    Then you can have more posts ,yay, WIN!

6. wheeljaxx

wheeljaxx Banned

no. watch the last 5 eps of cybertron only. skip the other two completly.

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Armada is nowhere near as bad as most people on this forum claim, which in itself is amusing given Armada was the last Transformers series that had a play-by-play thread in this forum, like Animated has now. Back in 2002-2003 people seemed to be genuienely excited about the show and its ongoing plot.

Armada starts to get better around episode 12-14, with episode 23 Rebellion being quite outstanding, being one of the few episodes in western Transformers cartoons to deal almost exclusively with the bad guys. True, the series is mediocre overall, but there are some quite good episodes in there, and some quite good animation as well.

Best Advice FFN Has Ever Provided: Do as the title of the episode 'Runaway' suggests.

Energon - most of what people say is true. It's confusing, overly long and boring. The first seven episodes are the best episodes of the series, then it starts to go downhill. Basically, stop watching after episode 15 (or whichever episode it was, you'll know when you get to it), because after that event, there is no longer any reason to watch it any further, especially considering how badly the dub mangled the pivitol scene.

Cybertron is just mediocre throughout, and suffers from the usual problem of a thin serialised story stretched out to 52 episodes, except they run out of episodes towards the end so a couple of plots are unresolved, such as they were.

8. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

News Credits:
    almost quoted for truth...

the last bit of armada, "the unicron chronicles," is good, and the animation, action, and story pick up quite a bit. but from there, you want to get the japanese versions of energon (superlink) and cyberton (galaxy force) as subtitled by the group tv-nihon. the japanese versions had a more coherent storyline, and the voice acting was much more tolerable. probably because you couldn't understand what they were saying and just had to read it off the screen :) 

9. Fez Findie

Fez Findie Well-Known Member

For Energon/Superlink it helps to be a Shockwave fan at least in a few eps as well...

10. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I say meh. Armada was the better of the three series, and even that wasn't too great. It got better towards the end. It won't hurt you, I guess.

11. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even watching the original version of Superlink doesn't change the fact that it runs out of plot about 2/3rds of the way in.

12. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Armada - Meh. The kids are so annoying it ruined it for me. The Unicron stuff is pretty good though, so that may be worth watching. The last battle between Prime and Megs rocks though.
    Energon - Skip it ALL. It sucks HARD. And the robots BLOW. The CGI is horrible, story is horrible, and it has the worst version of every transformer character ever created. Kicker is the worst transformer human EVER. I just kept wishing they would kill him... and then I stopped watching after about 10episodes.
    Cybertron- Was decent. Nothing special, but it was my favorite of the 3. It;'s the only one I managed to watch all the way though. This one had TONS of potential, but poor writing and execution, with some of the worst, unexplainable pull it out of your ass victories by the Autobots ever. Special attacks suck ass, and seeing characters have the EXACT SAME FIGHT, EVERY TIME, blows.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Armada/Micron Legend was good at it's high points and downright bad at it's worst... around episode 14 or so the plot gets better and you can watch some good stuff for a couple of episodes up to and including episode 18. Do yourself a favor and skip episode 19 and than watch 20 and 21. Than skip 22 and go on to 23 (the aforementioned Rebellion episode) and than it's pretty good for awhile. After this the second half of the series is pretty good (hit and miss sometimes, but much better than a lot of the various bad parts of the first half). And it's all gravy once you get to the Unicron Battles part at the end... especially the final episode 'Mortal Combat'.

As others have mentioned about Energon/Superlink... it's probably best to skip that series as it runs out of plot around episode 15, but if you really want to watch it I don't recommend going past episode 15 or so. Also, what Megatron does to Starscream, Demolishor, Cyclonus and Tidal Wave is just ******ed...

I personally enjoyed Cybertron/Galaxy Force, but it suffers again like Energon from having a very small plot drug out over 52 episodes. Though, unlike Energon... it's the first half instead of the second half that's all too drawn out. If you can make it past the Velocitron and Animatros story arcs you'll be fine. Just expect that a couple of plot points won't be solved at the end as they drug the series out too long and than they run out of episodes. Bleh, not bad, but pretty mediocre in general.

14. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yeah, you might as well stop at either episode 26 or episode 39. Up to 26 I thought was good, the next 13 had their moments, the last part is largely forgettable.

Armada is decent, once it gets going it is pretty okay, and it gets much better toward the end. Cybertron / Galaxy Force is alright, but too much drawn out in the early episodes, and then too rushed in the last episodes. It could have done with another six or so episodes to properly cover Starscream, Master Galvatron's true plan, and Soundwave. It could also have benefitted from more time taken on some of the cast. Some characters really went nowhere, beyond their designated episodes, Mudflap springs to mind immediately.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Skip Armada.

Watch Cybertron after 26.

16. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    No you shouldn't watch those shows. They may cause terrible harm to your mind.:wink: 

17. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    cybertron=soulless existence.
    the only reason i watch it is because 200 channels of informercials are all that are on when it comes on @ 5 in the am (i work nights.)

18. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I found Armada tolerable. It started poorly with occasionaly good moments, but the ending was great

Energon/Superlink was the opposite. It got off to a great start, and then turned to crap except for a few moments of awesomeness, mostly involving Shockblast/Laserwave. If you watch this, I would definitely recommend the fansubs over the English dub.

I liked Galaxy Force a lot, and while there are a few problems with the plot, there's usually enough reason to keep watching. I haven't seen much of the dubbed Cybertron version, but what I've seen I haven't liked as much.